Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

DED has very long-standing military laws governing the conduct of its officers.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: This is not reasonable.  (Read 4036 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: This is not reasonable.
« Reply #15 on: 20 Mar 2011, 10:14 »

If you want to be technical, the post was pretty much an off-topic diatribe by the player about his perception of someone's alliance and corporation rather than a discussion about where the progress of events in caldari FW would actually go. So yeah, opinions are fine, but not an excuse to rail on the person that in no way relates to the topic at hand.

Umm... no.

To my knowledge, Vikarion and Hamish are the only two active members of the State Miliita (and thus Caldari FW) who posted in the thread titled "State of Caldari FW".  It was not titled "Where I-RED might go."

Vikarion's post is a direct response to the initial post asking "Why would State Militia attack I-RED, we are Blue?" and the roleplay elements occurring on the other side of the in-game fight.  He was not relating just  his own perception of I-RED, but rather also what he thinks the State Militia's perception of I-RED is based on his experience in multiple State Militia corporations.

Hamish offered to "fix the issue" and Vikarion gave the other side's RP viewpoint; from that perspective, his is the only post on-topic.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #16 on: 21 Mar 2011, 09:54 »

That post getting modded seems fine considering this one is still up  ;)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #17 on: 21 Mar 2011, 10:12 »

If you have an issue with a post, you should report it instead of posting about it here.

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 21 Mar 2011, 10:19 »

That post getting modded

This discussion is about a thread in which no post was modded.
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #19 on: 21 Mar 2011, 10:36 »

My point was that I find Vikarion's post very prescriptive and assumptive of a player's motivation, so am in agreement of moderator action.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #20 on: 21 Mar 2011, 19:51 »

This discussion is about a thread in which no post was modded.
The post may not have been modded; but a mod entered the conversation and warned about the use of "to be honest."

When you made the post, I didn't understand what it was about, shrugged, and moved on.  I didn't understand why the quote from the FAQ was posted until reading this thread.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #21 on: 21 Mar 2011, 20:37 »

It wasn't the simple use of the phrase, to be honest. :P In context, I noted that the post got really close to the line overall and wanted the discussion to stay on the right side.

If folks have additional questions they'd like answered or clarifications they need, I'm happy to answer them. But, as far as I can tell, we've explained everything, perhaps far more so than we should have, and I've publicly stated where I feel I did make mistakes. After all, isn't that the purpose of feedback in any direction, trying to explain one's position and perhaps lead to adjustments in future behavior?

Certainly, in the future, I'll be far clearer as to the reason for a mod post.
Pages: 1 [2]