Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Hared Loudier is a former Quafe employee who once claimed an entire stockpile of Quafe beverages vanished through a wormhole before his eyes.

Author Topic: Pffffft.  (Read 3123 times)

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
Pffffft.
« on: 09 Mar 2011, 13:28 »

Meh, and the pox upon thee, I say. But on topic. I got a warning, I feel all warm and tingly.

This message constitutes a formal warning, regarding these posts:
http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=1864.0
Direct violations of Rule 3 and then openly contravening Rules 10 and 10b, as noted.
It's true, I'm a dirty foreigner and people don't like it when I'm honest.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=1861.0
Rule 11 and clear disrespect to every player from a particular nation.
This particular nation being England? I don't specifically hate English people, hell, Anglo means ENGLISH.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=1856.0

Again Rule 10 and the guidelines.
I'll be honest, only an idiot wouldn't notice the insults, but atleast I do it intelligently as opposed to swearing and screaming every few work to make sure chavs can understand. I only like to speak to people with grey matter in their skulls, not sawdust and/or air.

I'm not racist. How in the name of the Gods can I be racist against my own race. Albiet I'm a mongrel, but still. I should have as much right to be offensive to French people as much as a thoroughbred French person, or take the piss outta Brits BECAUSE I AM ONE. Maybe I should stop taking the piss out of my black or Asian relatives because I look white?
Pffft, whatever.

Fuck, holding settlement rights for multiple countries is messy. Believe me, I take the piss out of being a Heinz 57 because I get fucked over every time I go through customs. I can't show just 1 passport like you other lucky fucks, I have to show 4. FOUR passports.

Forget it, ban me, whatever. I am beyond the point of caring as people are over sensitive.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Kaleigh Doyle

Re: Pffffft.
« Reply #1 on: 09 Mar 2011, 14:52 »

I think the point is this isn't the place to discuss the injustices of the world.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #2 on: 09 Mar 2011, 15:09 »

I think the point is this isn't the place to discuss the injustices of the world.
I'd like to prove that I hate everything and everyone irrespective of physical/mental differences until you prove you're worth liking.
Really, it doesn't matter who or what you are, I will smack and troll at every opportunity. But hell, that's just me and people take shit too serious. Albeit this episode has put me into rant mode so I can't really concentrate on writing because I want to just be abusive to people.
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 09 Mar 2011, 15:54 »

I am beyond the point of caring as people are over sensitive.
Then stop being overly sensitive. You got a formal warning from the admin of a site on the internet. Big whoop.
I'd like to prove that I hate everything and everyone irrespective of physical/mental differences until you prove you're worth liking.
Really, it doesn't matter who or what you are, I will smack and troll at every opportunity. But hell, that's just me and people take shit too serious. Albeit this episode has put me into rant mode so I can't really concentrate on writing because I want to just be abusive to people.
So, you're mad that you got admined for trolling someplace where they don't want trolling? I'd point out, too, that 'every opportunity' doesn't apply someplace where those opportunities aren't available. This place doesn't advocate being PC; it advocates having the common sense to say, "This is not the time nor the place," because the admin team doesn't want to spend its fun-time doing it for you.
Will work for pretty sig.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #4 on: 09 Mar 2011, 16:17 »

.... This place doesn't advocate being PC; it advocates having the common sense to say, "This is not the time nor the place," because the admin team doesn't want to spend its fun-time doing it for you.
Right, so I insult Chinese people and expect that as I'm part Chinese, people wouldn't get offensive.
I state a simple fact that Chinese and Indian people are in general very racist then get told off for it. Am I not supposed to be honest about people, or should I carry on everyone's view of a perfect goody-goody world by perpetuating the bullshit of 'no one's racist nowadays'?
Really, it's a big scary world out there and not everyone is the same. Life would be boring if we were all the same. Damn, chavs must be screaming deep within their Souls for what little sheepses they've become. But fuck them.
I don't see a distinction between races, it's bullshit and we're all red & grey on the inside. With a little blue, purple & green. Oh, and white.

I don't insult someone's race, never have I used the fact that everyone's foreign to me against them, nor do I use skin color against people. But I'm being pinned as a cunt because I pointed out most Asians are traditionally xenophobic? Pfffft, fuck that.
If I was asked nicely to explain myself, I would. Whatever. Think of me what you will, because either way, you're a dipshit until proven otherwise.

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #5 on: 09 Mar 2011, 17:03 »

The rules have always said don't do X; you did X; you got admined; simple as. Your post was not being directly judged for racial things - although they would have been the impetus to force a judgement call, your post was being judged on if it met rules 1 through 11. Basically, you're missing the point and blaming it on the PC boogeyman. In fact, I find this board to be very permissive; most will have admins who shut you down because they don't like what you say or personally disagree with you, but this one has a team that tries to base their decisions objectively by the rules you agreed to follow when you made an account.
Will work for pretty sig.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #6 on: 09 Mar 2011, 18:00 »

It's not a case of it being a direct attack against ya, nor the mods thinking you're a bad, naughty person  :) It's just the rules of this particular road, we all got modded and that's just how it is.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #7 on: 09 Mar 2011, 18:09 »

[mod]The issue is that your posts broke the rules. You were warned because it happened several times in a fairly short time-frame. On the subject of Rule 3:
Rule 3: Respect other users of Backstage@EVE-Inspiracy.com. Do not make attacks, either in the forums or through Private Messages. Challenging ideas is fine, but do not attack individuals or groups. Racist, ageist, sexist, homophobic (including the use of "gay" as a pejorative) and other slurs are prohibited. Ad hominem attacks are prohibited. Challenging ideas is fine, but do not attack individuals or groups.
Nowhere there does it say racist comments are alright as long as you are a member of the race you're insulting. There are plenty of other internet forums that address RL issues, and plenty of them have much more permissive rulesets. It isn't a matter of who makes the post, it's a matter of the post breaking the rules. As always, if you have any questions, please review the Rules and FAQ, and feel free to post here or PM a member of the moderation team.[/mod]

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #8 on: 09 Mar 2011, 20:46 »

As a side note, "it's not racist because I'm part of that race," is totally not an excuse.

It's as bad as saying "it's not racist because I have a friend that's part of that race."
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #9 on: 11 Mar 2011, 02:26 »

Topic locked as it seems the discussion has run its course.