Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Defiants were a splinter group of the Minmatar fleet that waged guerrilla war against the Amarr?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Non-Caldari megacorporations  (Read 5904 times)

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
Re: Non-Caldari megacorporations
« Reply #30 on: 29 Mar 2011, 11:51 »

Damn your thread, Seri. It's made me want to start up a Gallente-mega aligned egger corp.
So, which would you choose and what field(s) would it be in?

There are plenty of options when it comes to doing so and certain aspects can be your emphasis.

I can't decide, that's why I haven't done it.

Quafe is the one that jumps immediately to mind, because they're both deliciously shady and broad-based such that you could justify doing just about anything as a Quafe subsidiary.

FedMart or Aliastra would be fun for the Wal-Mart big-box ruthless competition vibe.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #31 on: 29 Mar 2011, 11:53 »

I'm not sure if I'd put Quafe as arguably being the largest megacorporation in the cluster...it's going to have all sorts of subsidiaries that anything is possible, yeah...

The issue is that people naturally are attracted to something more ominious and monolithic-sounding (as I said) like Wiyrkomi or Ishukone, not Pepsi-Cola etc. :P Even if it's the same scope.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #32 on: 29 Mar 2011, 12:20 »

I'm not sure if I'd put Quafe as arguably being the largest megacorporation in the cluster...it's going to have all sorts of subsidiaries that anything is possible, yeah...

The issue is that people naturally are attracted to something more ominious and monolithic-sounding (as I said) like Wiyrkomi or Ishukone, not Pepsi-Cola etc. :P Even if it's the same scope.

Anyone who feels that way hasn't read enough cyberpunk. It's always the ones with good PR that're the most horrifying.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Bureeiku

• Blake Rathen
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #33 on: 29 Mar 2011, 12:58 »

Without being able to put my finger on where it came from, I too have the sense that Quafe has more underworld connections than of most of the NPC corps.  Probably another chron I forget reading, or the sleeper effect.

Vieve

« Reply #34 on: 29 Mar 2011, 15:25 »

This is where I theorize that in the Republic/Empire, small businesses and merchants may be the norm, since there isn't any major retail NPC corporations of Minnie, Amarr flavour.

The Republic may have to deal with the Vherkie mafia.   Who knows how many of their convenience stores and cantinas are owned by a single entity operating as individual familial cells?

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 30 Mar 2011, 00:15 »

This is where I theorize that in the Republic/Empire, small businesses and merchants may be the norm, since there isn't any major retail NPC corporations of Minnie, Amarr flavour.

In the Empire, there's the issue that trade isn't seen as an honourable thing to do. True Amarr are engineer types, not business types. I'd assume that a whole lot of the planetary consumable trade is taken care by the Holders (and houses). And then some companies (Further Foodstuffs, Zoar) might take care of their supplies the whole chain from the farm to the dinner table, from the asteroid mine to the holovision shelf.
Pages: 1 2 [3]