Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

Author Topic: Medal Award Ceremony?  (Read 1662 times)

Jae Cardas

• budding writer
  • Clonejack
    • Jae's Journal
Medal Award Ceremony?
« on: 21 Feb 2011, 07:32 »

Anyone read or heard of any medal award ceremonies in chronicles or other Eve fiction? Specifically Minmatar, stuff like what would traditionally take place, where, who present, etc?

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
Re: Medal Award Ceremony?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2011, 12:22 »

For the Minmatar, it'll be something quite tribal with elders present. Maybe a fire light ceremony with drums & st00f and other tribal things and some random innitiation. Dunno.

Caldari would be quite Asian - as that's where CCP are taking the race. Maybe a tea ceremony with lots of bowing and other Asiatic things.

Gallente would either be a cacophony of noise and loud bangs or a very militaristic ceremony. The latter more likely.

Amarr would be held in a chapel and have hymns etc sung then a formal medal presentation.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2011, 12:25 »

Caldari could also be a very sober, minimalistic yet very formal and pompous ceremony if it is done in a corporate frame/background, I think.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 22 Feb 2011, 01:50 »

It all depends on the situation. Going alphabetically,

Amarr: Most likely something religious-coloured. For propaganda use, you'd see a huge cathedral, with a noble giving the reward on an elevated platform with spotlights and banners all around. Huge, very high room. Thousands of people first praying and then cheering. For a private ceremony, though, all that would be needed would be a noble (Holder) stating the fact. An intimate ceremony can be just as effective, if the only person you need to influence is the receiver of the award. Even better, if a higher-up noble is arranged to give the award. Say, an Imperial Navy officer suddenly ordered to report in the HQ at Safizon, gets there and is led to a small room and told to approach a throne - holy crap, it's the Empress. The person would remember it forever, and a lot cheaper than getting the few thousand people.

Caldari: For the higher-ups, you might have elaborate ceremonies. For more rank and file, I'd think about something more military-minded. (Think old Caldari wallpapers with ranks of people standing in attention.) Perhaps in the morning head count ceremonies. Another alternative is making it a media spectacle - this worker has made great services to the Corporation and the meritocracy, so he gets awarded by a holomovie star / CEO. Work hard and you could be there, too!

Gallente: Military isn't likely that different from Caldari (or real life military ceremonies). Caldari were the strongest state of the Federation before their secession, so the Caldari and Gallente military traditions are likely entwined, even when neither is willing to admit that. Again, media events are different. Might also have mass ceremonies where lots of citizens get their medals. And all the "I'm going to Disneyland!" stuff. For civilian awards, I'm thinking about something like a gala (though of course, scaling by the importance of the award, from smaller events to something like the Academy Awards).

Minmatar: Military - or at least the Republic Fleet - may be very Gallente-influenced and "professional" military ceremonies. Otherwise, depending on the background, we might see even Amarr influence. Possibly followed by crazy partying.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 22 Feb 2011, 05:47 »

check the RISE plot, we were awarded the Federal Star of Justice from the former Aurora team.

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #5 on: 23 Feb 2011, 13:03 »

Amarr would be held in a chapel and have hymns etc sung then a formal medal presentation.

I was one of the few to receive a medal from Ardishapur for the Kourmonen Campaign. There was sure has hell no chapel or hyms  :bash:

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 24 Feb 2011, 01:42 »

That would be certainly part of the "make it so" type ceremony. And Ardishapur would have good reasons for this - I'd assume that ACN or local networks spun the Heir as the hero and liberator of Kourmonen, not the capsuleers. Think about a triumph where a successful commander returns home. And oh, a few of his most loyal/successful soldiers were rewarded, too. (But not too well, since they are mercenaries, anyway.)

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2011, 15:12 »

(But not too well, since they are mercenaries, anyway.)

I'm a terrible merc, not getting paid. I'll send the Ministry of War the bill.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #8 on: 01 Mar 2011, 06:34 »

Like someone noted, based on the rewards what you're supposed to do in FW is to mission. Though after the change when you started to get LP from kills, it doesn't hurt if you down a few enemies in the process, too.