Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke's son Ravi died in a drug-related hovercar crash that had connections to the Serpentis "Aenebra" cult? Read more about it here

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: XoXo Magazine  (Read 4254 times)

Kaleigh Doyle

XoXo Magazine
« on: 19 Feb 2011, 14:44 »

So, I'm generally losing interest in EVE (like I always do), so I need something to engage my mind a bit. Therefore, I am in the process of putting together a monthly in-character magazine, named appropriately in the subject line. The magazine will be a bit of a cross between Cosmo and Maxim, focusing on fashion, gossip, glamor, sex, relationships, interviews, and everything else in-between. There will be lots of pretty pictures and stylized art to add some *sparkle* to the layout. The product will be sold either as a yearly subscription or an individual copy, and the participants (other writers) will earn a portion of the profits from the sales.

My previous iteration of this project was known as GLS Magazine, but only ended up being a shadow of what I really had intended for it, mostly because the people who wanted to contribute were largely unreliable or failed to deliver. I figure this time I might give it more :effort:, and allow you guys in the rp community to contribute to this project, for great profit. My goal is to sell LOTS of copies and make this a successful product, generated almost exclusively through writing and graphical skill rather than...whatever I don't really undock much anyway.

So what I'm looking for are interested parties that can:
 :arrow: write articles
 :arrow: make artwork
 :arrow: fill gossip articles with inane details about capsuleer relationships, etc.
 :arrow: do any of the above reliably and within a constrained amount of time

I'm also looking for sponsors to contribute to the magazine. People who want to advertise their product, their corporation, or simply send a message of some sort. I like corporate sponsorship.  :D

Also, I'm looking for pretty people for in-character interviews.

Anyway, I'm at the development stage at this point; I want to see what kind of interest I may have from you guys at backstage...

-Kal

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
Re: XoXo Magazine
« Reply #1 on: 19 Feb 2011, 14:48 »

I can deliver fire and brimstone :D

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #2 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:02 »

I can deliver fire and brimstone :D
There will be a feedback section for our readers to respond and generally vent about how we're degrading the fabric of moral society.  ;)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #3 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:22 »

Oh oh oh!

Gah, if Seriphyn was still a womanizing playboy in the Federal public eye (the reputation might still linger on, only been 2/3 months sinec he stopped), he could totally write.

That'd be fun. I'd like to contribute, or maybe on an alt if it's not "believable"

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #4 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:26 »

I can invent totally fictitious nonsense or slanderous lies about everyone and everything if you want. o_O
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #5 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:32 »

Oh oh oh!

Gah, if Seriphyn was still a womanizing playboy in the Federal public eye (the reputation might still linger on, only been 2/3 months sinec he stopped), he could totally write.

That'd be fun. I'd like to contribute, or maybe on an alt if it's not "believable"

Whatever's comfortable for you.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #6 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:34 »

I can invent totally fictitious nonsense or slanderous lies about everyone and everything if you want. o_O

If you're convincing in your sensationalism then I might have a place for you.

DosTuMai

• Dirty Pirate Bitch
  • Omelette
  • Yarrr~~
    • Ravings of a Lunatic
« Reply #7 on: 19 Feb 2011, 15:46 »

If you're convincing in your sensationalism then I might have a place for you.
Click this or the teeny tiny little planet under my avatar.
do { aLittleDance(); make(aLittleLove&); cin.get(down); } while(tonight);
Quote from: Raynman37
Go down to the end, take a left at etc and you should see usr right there in front of you.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 19 Feb 2011, 16:14 »

I ought to be up for it. I do need an excuse to write more regularly after all. :D
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #9 on: 19 Feb 2011, 17:36 »

Likewise. I struggle with the same problem. Even though I'm quite happy to just log on and dork around at the moment, I know my own crisis of desire is coming down the pipe someday. Me helping with this helps you, but it just may do the same thing for me next month.

I'm willing to write, to be interviewed, and to be a sort of roving reporter/social commentator, if that helps.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #10 on: 19 Feb 2011, 19:00 »

I'll be in touch then. I may make a forum to organize this, not sure. But either way those of you who are interested I'll send you some more info along the way.

Also, just some idea of where I've been with this, check out some covers from my previous magazine to get an idea:

GLS Magazine - October, 107
GLS Magazine - November, 107
GLS Magazine - December, 107
GLS Magazine - January, 108

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #11 on: 19 Feb 2011, 19:07 »

I might be speaking out of turn here, but you might want to give my CEO a jingle. We might have some ad space free.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #12 on: 19 Feb 2011, 19:22 »

I might be speaking out of turn here, but you might want to give my CEO a jingle. We might have some ad space free.

Mmm, we'll see. I meant more people advertising in OUR magazine, but I may need to spread the word a bit. :)

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #13 on: 19 Feb 2011, 20:09 »

Mmm, we'll see. I meant more people advertising in OUR magazine, but I may need to spread the word a bit. :)

Well, cross-promotion was the implied benefit. Word of mouth, that sort of jazz. :D
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #14 on: 19 Feb 2011, 22:45 »

I'd like to contribute, possibly through alts.
Pages: [1] 2