Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ghost Festival is an Angel Cartel loyalist corporation? Read more here

Author Topic: [LFC] Suggestions?  (Read 1638 times)

Astromancer

• Clonejack
[LFC] Suggestions?
« on: 16 Feb 2011, 13:49 »

Hey all,

I've spent some time sifting through the recruitment posts here and found a bunch of things that look interesting.  But well, I'm sure there are a number of corps out there that don't have posts on here so I was hoping that you might have a few suggestions?

I'll make a lil list of what I'm looking for.  Even if a corp doesn't have it all, if it's close I'd be interested in checking it out.

RP, the more the better.  RP and good people have kept me playing games that I'd gotten bored with gameplay wise so both are pretty important to me.

I'd like to do a bit of everything, likely more industry than anything else.  But I would like some PvP, likely won't be the focus of my gameplay but I'd like to have the option to engage in some.

I live at GMT -5/-4 (Depending on daylight savings), play mainly evenings and am a group player, so people around to do stuff with would be very nice.

While race / politics may come into play, I'm pretty open to anything at this point.  I do have preferences, but will go where the interesting stuff is.

Thanks all!

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: [LFC] Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2011, 14:59 »

I'd suggest EM (Electus Matari), but I hear they're backed up on recruits as it is. Might also want to check out LDIS, or one of I-RED's corps (provided you don't mind jumping into the deep end; I-RED is currently off in nullsec).

Unfortunately, much as I would like to self-promote, KOTMC (being an FW corp) is decidedly pvp-focused, so not the place for you, I think...
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2011, 15:42 »

I-RED is currently off in nullsec

I'm not really too sure how long that'll last. Then again, maybe stuff™ will happen.

The criteria you've described are pretty broad. What exactly are your preferences?

Astromancer

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2011, 15:53 »

Thanks Esna, those were the ones I had seen adds for and whatnot myself.  I guess the RP crowd is more into shooting each other than I initially expected! :lol: :D

And while I'd like to jump out to the frontiers of the cluster, I'm thinking a prospective corp wouldn't want someone immediately jumping down the rabbit's hole. ;)  And I was under the impression that they were rather RP-Lite from what I was seeing?

Milo, I know it's pretty broad criteria.  I really want to do a bit of everything.  That way I won't get bored with just doing one thing.  The more I have in the way of options in things to do and try to master the happier I'll be.
« Last Edit: 17 Feb 2011, 15:56 by Astromancer »

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #4 on: 17 Feb 2011, 17:12 »

My advice, hang out in public channels, see who you like and who doesn't suck. Way easier than corp hopping.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 18 Feb 2011, 02:02 »

I-RED is currently off in nullsec

I'm not really too sure how long that'll last. Then again, maybe stuff™ will happen.

Huh?

Anyways I-RED has moved operations to Delve/Querious. Though in one way or another I-RED will always be living in nullsec.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2011, 12:43 »

Shamless self promotion, but you might want to look into PRELI. It's the indy side of Naraka alliance but youre free to join in on the PVP ops as well. If you want to check us out we have a recruitment post in this section or you can join our public channel Naraka OOC.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon