Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Caldari State is made up of eight mega-corporations and has three major political factions?

Author Topic: 'ZOMG IT'S BIAS' - ANN and Other Tradegies  (Read 2319 times)

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
'ZOMG IT'S BIAS' - ANN and Other Tradegies
« on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:18 »

Hi

For those of you not following the eRaeg, here is a link..

Whilst I'll admit that previous articles were set up to provoke, the most recent one, regarding the assault on ILF's Prosperity Station, was not. I'd like to point out, to those that haven't read the article, that efforts were made to ensure that the piece remained objective and uncritical of all parties involved.

Despite the fact that the ILF appear to need a lot of external help to keep their Tower up It wasn't really pointed out, just the fact that a large proportion of the fleet defending the POS belonged to militia. I stayed up till about 4AM my time to make sure that we go facts right, and people continue to maintain that they are not? I think I'm speaking for the whole ANN team here when I say I'm sick of the whole 'BIAS BIAS BIAS' argument. Honestly, come up with something solid, or don't post at all.

Oh, and I'd also like to point this out:

Mr. Caman,

Your site no longer meets my standards for journalistic practices. Please remove all of my content from ANN as I have no desire to be associated with you in any way.

Good luck with your project,
Levi Saul

I appreciate people pulling strings to remove some of the best Freelance work I've seen on ANN, I really do. Congratulations on taking down some fantastic content.

For the record, two of the people who regularly write for the site are actually in-corp. None of the so-called 'Anti ILF bloc' articles were written by them.

Oh, and I did try to contact Revenant, but I got the standard Blocked message. I'm going to go out on a limb here, and say it was a bug, but at this stage, I'm ready to believe that I may well have been blocked, rejected and people are lying through their teeth.

At any rate, I understand some people are going to be Anti-this, but for fuck's sake, can you please do it with some decency?

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
Re: 'ZOMG IT'S BIAS' - ANN and Other Tradegies
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:33 »

Hi, IC argument is IC.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #2 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:35 »

Hi, IC argument is IC.

Hi.
OOC Strings Pulled are OOC. kthxbai

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:36 »

Hi, IC argument is IC.

Hi.
OOC Strings Pulled are OOC. kthxbai

Show evidence?

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #4 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:39 »

The fact that I was in friendly dialogue with Levi OOC the other day, and the fact that the article is actually fairly objective, coupled with the fact that certain people seem to have a grudge against ANN, regardless of what happens to be posted.
It's not really evidence, but I consider it enough unless I can figure otherwise.

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:47 »

The message you quoted from Levi, is it IC?

Are you still on friendly terms with the player of Levi OOCly?

As far as "having a grudge", and I can only speak for myself, I have no OOC problem with ANN, it provides RP.  Syyl'ara rails against it, I (the player) want it to continue because I very much enjoy the "rawr" it produces :9.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:49 »

It was through email, not EVEmail. All previous dialogue with Levi has been OOC.

Also, if you're going to continue, please avoid pyramid quoting and tell your friend in IRED to put all his points into one post, because the whole thread is getting silly structurally. Also, if it's objective, please don't ignore that fact. It's frustrating OOC for the person who spent some time pulling the thumb together, editing it, as well as the person who wrote it.
« Last Edit: 30 Jan 2011, 16:51 by Milo Caman »

Syylara/Yaansu

• Egger
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:53 »

Well, then I await clarification from Levi's player.

Yay dramaz!

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:54 »

If ANN has paid for the freelance writers content then it is ANNs property?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #9 on: 30 Jan 2011, 16:54 »

If ANN has paid for the freelance writers content then it is ANNs property?

Oh of course, but I'd rather not lose one of my best Freelance writers to some prick who thinks they can pull OOC strings for IC purposes like that. Additionally, I have nothing but respect for Levi, and will comply if he can actually justify his actions with specific cases.

Also 'dramaz' are not fun when they spill over OOC.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #10 on: 30 Jan 2011, 17:03 »

[mod]This forum isn't a place to make accusations or air OOC grievances. I understand that it's a frustrating situation, Milo, but I don't see that this thread serves any constructive purpose.To address a different issue in the thread, determinations of what constitutes a breach of the rules is the responsibility of the moderation team. Whether or not you feel a thread is constructive, if you feel compelled to post, do so constructively. 'IC argument is IC' is not constructive, and qualifies as flame bait at best.[/mod]

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #11 on: 30 Jan 2011, 17:18 »

[mod]To clarify: Discussion of the IC thread would be fine. OOC accusations and insults, along with flame bait, are not. If you wanted to post a companion thread to the IC shitstorm, there's no problem as long as it adheres to the guidelines.[/mod]