Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Blood Raider elites do not generally mix with the rest of the Sani Sabik? (The Burning Life, p. 50)

Author Topic: [Advice] Borderless Mercantile and Trade  (Read 1319 times)

Zephyr778

• Clonejack
[Advice] Borderless Mercantile and Trade
« on: 20 Jan 2011, 16:01 »

Okay, I know I'm new...especially to corp building, so I come to you for advice.

My idea is as follows : Create a face organization to hide criminal activity.  I have 2 ideas on how to accomplish this.

1) PR department for a criminal organization (I like this less)

2) Face organization "sponsors" [through black money] certain criminal corporations, while keeping legal hands clean (I like this more)

With this is mind, I guess I'm wondering if there's any interest in playing the mind game that would go along with this...the whole PR game of supporting, and yet not supporting, this criminal (what I hope to be someday) empire.

It'd be easy to recruit for say, "the industrial corp" or "the strong arm wing", but for the face company itself, I'm not so sure.

Thoughts, anyone?

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Re: [Advice] Borderless Mercantile and Trade
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jan 2011, 08:44 »

Interesting.

I'm not 100% sure at what you mean by 'an Organization to hide Criminal activity' As in your own, or one to be hired by others for that purpose?

bear in mind that recruiting good people is hard whatever you're trying to do, especially if it's even vaguely out of the box.

Zephyr778

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jan 2011, 08:50 »

Was mostly thinking my own criminal activity...

Face  <----- Legal Company
       /     l     \
--------------------   <---- Veneer of Legality
   /          l        \
Industry Trade Strong Arm  <----- Criminal Activity

They're technically independent companies...but due to holdings and such (lot of laundering)....they're "owned" by the face company.

As for out of the box?  Well, that's why I posted here, not on the EVE Forums....I wouldn't be looking for the ones that want to just pew pew for (insert cause here).....it's kinda, in an rp sense, an advanced concept I guess.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jan 2011, 08:59 »

Alright, I think I understand what you're getting at now, however:

Why hide it? Simply categorically deny that what you do is Illegal, and make sure you destroy evidence/witnesses if it is. The front corporation thing is nice, but unless you can get a lot of people involved, it's not going to look too convincing.

I suppose a similar thing in IG terms are shell corporations running control towers so that enemy alliances and such can't see them to pull them down. I do it myself.  :)

Zephyr778

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jan 2011, 09:04 »

I think we're talking about the same thing....just I didn't know how to say it.

The "hiding" is rather....well, he's not really hiding.  It's more he and his people in BMERT that are the PR people that do that denials and such.

And I guess that's what I'm asking...is there an interest in the community for people who want to take perfectly and truly illegal actions, and try to spin them to be legal, even beneficial to society?

Kinda reminded of the Happy Chip for Refugee campaign that went on a while ago.  Stuff like that.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #5 on: 21 Jan 2011, 16:56 »

You basically want to be Genco Olive Oil and entirely legitimate businessmen, right? :)
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction