Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sleepers are an ancient culture that disappeared?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Sword to compliment the Shield  (Read 3269 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
The Sword to compliment the Shield
« on: 08 Dec 2010, 11:43 »

So after some discussions and debates in a few OoC channels, the fairly consensus seems to be that there aren't any Matari RP corps that aren't strictly defensive in nature. As in Republic bound and focused on the Republic's inner workings and defense. As Matariki Rain put it, Electus Matari is the Shield. Looking around, there doesn't seem to be any swords around, though. No offensive corporations or alliances that seek to drive into Empire space and start blowing up Empire aligned RPers and Corporations.

Are there any such creatures in Eve? Any Matari aligned corporations that set up three wardecs and just go out there to wreak some havoc with Empire infrastructure? Or perform any other active efforts against the Empire in order to get our people home?

Any swords that need a wielder?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: The Sword to compliment the Shield
« Reply #1 on: 08 Dec 2010, 13:02 »

I would have suggested DF1AS, but... ya know.

And if you're not focused on empire space, U'K fits that philosophy at least.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #2 on: 08 Dec 2010, 14:16 »

There are plenty of corps in FW. Alliances have a harder time of things in a way. Since they can't join FW for fights they need to operate in lowsec/nullsec or use wardecs. One takes you away from Empire where you seem to be focussed, the other costs isk.

For example said Ushra'Khan works mainly in nullsec but wardecc'd 6 FW corps recently and fought them in highsec and lowsec space for a week (costing over 1b isk).
OTOH we do also have to fight enemies without such well-rooted RP basis, simply to keep busy between the more RP-oriented campaigns. Obviously there's still IC reasons ("they shot us" is always a plentiful reason in EVE) just not necessarily as 'deep' as we'd like.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2010, 15:53 »

Well, it was basically anti-Empire/Slaver RP Corps I was looking for and sadly it'd appear Ushra'khan doesn't fit the bill. While I understand the reasons for it, I'm looking for a more 'pure' RP entity that's not filled with non-RPers as well.

Electus Matari seems to be the only ones that fit said bill, except they're sitting in Republic space with a whole different ideology than the bulk of my characters. This is a bit of a problem since I don't have the time nor the capacity for creating and maintaining a new corporation from scratch.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #4 on: 08 Dec 2010, 16:06 »

Hm, what about DeT Resprox and the TRIAD thing?

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 08 Dec 2010, 16:18 »

Considered it, briefly, but FW isn't exactly my kind of thing. No measurable effect at all, nor any actual RP efforts involved as far as I can tell. More of a "Okay, let's go blob the fuck out of this or that system". Actual interaction with a specific enemy is far more satisfying.

Wotlankor

• Clonejack
« Reply #6 on: 09 Dec 2010, 01:31 »

Any Matari aligned corporations that set up three wardecs and just go out there to wreak some havoc with Empire infrastructure?

nah we did not do 3 wardecs, but we did do 6 though  :lol:

Aodha Khan

« Reply #7 on: 09 Dec 2010, 02:55 »

Considered it, briefly, but FW isn't exactly my kind of thing. No measurable effect at all, nor any actual RP efforts involved as far as I can tell. More of a "Okay, let's go blob the fuck out of this or that system". Actual interaction with a specific enemy is far more satisfying.

Just because a corp is involved in FW does not mean that is the only thing they do.  :bash:

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 09 Dec 2010, 12:11 »

Between us and don't quote me, you might still want to talk to an EM recruiter about the things you might wanna do, IC. You might end up having to organize a lot of it yourself, but you might have people to do it with.

Altaen

• Clonejack
    • Molden Heath Community
« Reply #9 on: 09 Dec 2010, 14:31 »

Electus Matari is the Shield.
Any swords that need a wielder?

You definitely have it right that we in EM do not really actively hunt targets outside of the Republic, and when we do something to assist the militia it's more in the interest of retaking Matari systems rather than pushing to take Amarr systems, but you may have a limited view on how defensive vs. offensive our activities are.

Speaking as a 3rd shift FC (01:00-06:00), and as a solo-hunter, my fleets do alot more hunting for targets to gank mercilessly, and not a terrible lot of defending systems that are distressed. I take great pleasure in baiting and then out-blobbing blobbers, and I usually have to use neutral bait in any area we've been working in alot, as EM bait just isn't as tempting after awhile.  ;)
In truth an EM fleet is more likely to be hunting pirates than Amarr, but that doesn't mean most of us wouldn't drop whatever we are doing to chase of a FW mission runner or plexer whenever we spot them, or at the very least let someone know that can chase them off.

Also, when we do war-dec a pirate corp or alliance and they set-up missioning or mining bases outside of the Republic...we do trace and hunt them wherever they go.

I don't think it's unfair to attribute a good bit of the sword as well as the shield to EM, so what did you have in mind exactly?

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 09 Dec 2010, 14:40 »

If I got it right, he wants an active anti-Amarr thingy. Which we currently do not so much have.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
Re: The Sword to complement the Shield
« Reply #11 on: 09 Dec 2010, 16:02 »

Mizhara and I have had a recurring discussion about this recently.

It's my understanding that Miz would like to be part of a group that actively pursues slavers and slaver-states now; is pure in its intent and uncompromising in its methods; and isn't aligned with what she sees as an appeaser state.

Electus Matari has, in the past, had issues with some of the elements that appeal strongly to Miz.

More swords are good. Variety of swords/hammers/loudhailers/tracts is even better.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 09 Dec 2010, 22:29 »

Being aligned with the Republic isn't a problem. Considering the Republic to be the Matari people or it's governing body is. The Tribes can never be contained by such a feeble construct.

And Matariki Rain pretty much hit the ideal on the head, otherwise. No stalling. No hiding. No useless declarations of ideology without the teeth back it up. A sword that is taken to the enemy, not rusting in the armory.

No compromise that allows for slavery or Empire interests to be furthered even an inch. No hesitation and weakness allowing the Empire to further fortify it's hold on a quarter of the Matari people. While some concentrate all their efforts within the Republic or within useless games against the hostile Militia, the Empire is performing it's own work to fortify itself.

While we wait... a quarter of the Matari people does not know freedom.

This is unacceptable and should have lit a fire in the veins of every Matari in the cluster.

I've had a talk with a couple of U'K people and there appears to be a change there. A return to older ideals and intents. There may be possibilities there.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 10 Dec 2010, 04:08 »

I wish you well in finding or forming a group that is satisfying to you.

Just for the record -- and not that you actually said this -- Electus Matari does not consider the Republic to be the Matari people. There's also quite some degree of political diversity within the alliance.

Elsebeth Rhiannon

• Omelette
« Reply #14 on: 10 Dec 2010, 11:22 »

I considered answering but realized that anything more I had to say on the topic is much better suited to handle IC. :) So. See you there.
Pages: [1] 2