Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That each of the five empires technically has an equal say in all CONCORD matters? Read more in the Chronicle.

Author Topic: [speech]We are going home!  (Read 1108 times)

Aracturus

• Probably up to no good.
  • Clonejack
  • Stop looking at my junk you pervert!
[speech]We are going home!
« on: 06 Dec 2010, 18:58 »

Ladies and Gentlemen, Citizens and CEO's both of the Caldari State!
For many long years has my heart yearned along with yours to obey the call of Home. Our Home. Caldari Prime.
And though we have made great strides towards that goal, Still we find ourselves cold! Though our Titan Orbits proudly around it, It's surface remains untouched by Caldari Footprints ever since our foes, the Gallente, forced us from its surface.

And These foes, they call it justified. Justified that because they claimed to have more of their people on our home than we did, that the planet was rightfully theirs. That by virtue of their flawed 'democracy', Our Home was Forfeit. And so they came in their ships, and rained fire upon that precious gem we had lived upon for as long as our collective memories could remember, and drove us from it. Justified because in our moment of need, We struck back, to give us time to get out civilians, Justified because the Honored Hero Admiral Yakia Tovil-Toba, in his last triumph, crashed the Kairiola onto the Surface of Gallente Prime.
They call themselves justified, and paint us as evil, cold, and heartless, blissfully ignorant of their own evils! This is typical of Gallente Society, for they glorify the needs of the self over the needs of ones people. They do not live freely - instread they live Selfishly. What they want, they take. Their so-called 'Freedom' must always come at another's expense. And this time, it was Our time to pay for their Greed.
They claimed that by right of majority, that the planet was theirs. Theirs instead of we who had lived their for a time out of mind, who had taken our culture and split away from the selfish Gallentean system to allow rule by Merit to flourish. They claim to fight for 'Freedom', but only their narrow view of 'Freedom'. True Freedom is being able to go from the streets to the Board Room, solely upon one's own skill.
As our Titan Orbits around our home on Caldari Prime, my anger grows. For even now, they dare to call us agressors. Dare to call us greedy and cruel. They dare to say to us 'but what about all the people we have on the surface of that planet?'
What about them, O Mighty Gallente Federation? Do you worry about their safety? About the prospect of them being obliterated by ordinance launched from space? Do you shudder to think of Caldari feet upon 'your' planet?
You should.
Because WE ARE COMING.
Many have asked us what we want, why we hate the Gallente and all they stand for, when the answer is quite simple.
WE WANT OUR HOME BACK!
We want to return to the home where our grandfathers lived, to walk in the sun of Caldari Prime and know we are home!
The Gallente Federation sits secure upon their homeworld, ignorant of the pain and loss we feel - But that shall soon be mended!
Tibus Heth, TAKE ME HOME!

Vikarion

Re: [speech]We are going home!
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2010, 03:19 »

You are aware that, per Prime Fiction, the Caldari are on the surface of Caldari Prime? As in, they hold the planet in totality, and Federation resistance has been largely crushed?

Altaen

• Clonejack
    • Molden Heath Community
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec 2010, 17:15 »

You are aware that, per Prime Fiction, the Caldari are on the surface of Caldari Prime? As in, they hold the planet in totality, and Federation resistance has been largely crushed?

I read this as a period-piece...I imagined this speech being given by a General on a drop ship docked inside the Titan before the invasion, or somesuch.

Oh, and that said, I liked it, thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: 07 Dec 2010, 17:33 by Altaen »

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 08 Dec 2010, 09:27 »

Unfortunately, the speech was posted on the IGS two years after the invasion happened.   :(

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 13 Dec 2010, 10:25 »

It also didn't help that I had a horrifying flash of the "weesa going HOMEEEEEEE" scene with jar jar binks.