Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Tyrannis  (Read 7815 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Tyrannis
« Reply #15 on: 19 Apr 2010, 15:53 »

I will be deeply suspicious until people whose opinions I respect have reported actual fun.

mum managed to launch some cows into space on a rocket.
Fun? possibly.

Complicated? Not really.

It goes:
Mines to extract materials.
Process the mined materials.
Combine to make products.
Combine to make different products.

All of which requires click, click, clickclickclick. And frequent micromanagement and supervision.
Not complicated, just fiddly, for no good reason.

e.g. why do you need to harvest carbon compounds to make biofuels and complex organisms to make proteins, and then combine the two to make livestock.
Can't you just buy a sheep farm? o.0
\o/

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 20 Apr 2010, 00:39 »

Technically, the livestock manufacturing plant would be the farm, fuel and protein for food & warmth. So you could buy a farm. If you don't run the whole supply chain, you'd need to buy fuel for the farm and food for the animals. (Bonus points for doing this on a gas giant.)

Kamiko Hautala

• Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 24 Apr 2010, 18:28 »

This just adds to the plethora of things you can do in EVE, and can't do in any other MMO. I personally look forward to getting the chance to build production facilities.

Robert Kauliford

• Clonejack
    • Symon's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 25 Apr 2010, 03:36 »

I think what CCP are doing with first wave of PI is to set up useful infrastructure for Dust players to fight over.

I'm intrigued by the fact that most NPC good will now be manufacturable. I might have to stock up for T2 production post expansion

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 25 Apr 2010, 09:17 »

I think what CCP are doing with first wave of PI is to set up useful infrastructure for Dust players to fight over.

I'm intrigued by the fact that most NPC good will now be manufacturable. I might have to stock up for T2 production post expansion
Dust is far enough out it could change.  Whether it allows assaults on infrastructure (a basic map for each planet?) that actually remove the infrastructure or not is unknown. 

The most immediate challenge for those serious about PI is how do you minimize development of a world you are using for production?  I suspect many people will setup 1 or 2 installation chains and run them a month or two, but the individuals, corps, and alliances who invest long term effort probably don't want a passive installation from the first months are their world.  This being said I think it is covered by needing to periodically scan for resources.

The important bit to me is the second thing you mentioned.

It will now be possible to manufacture most if not all T2/POS fuel components.  I expect the cost of manufacturing these items to be very much below the cost of those items off the market.  CCP has also said that T2/POS fuel components are not all at the end of the production chains.

If skillbooks, implants, and a few other items can be produce on the planets, it makes it possible for a 0.0 entity to move from the outpost/colony stage to independent entity.  This however requires a shift in 0.0 entity leadership mentality and a true evaluation of cost when it comes to things like transporting JF loads of Trit to their manufacturing bases.

Wanoah

• Omelette
  • Sweating spinal fluid
    • Hello!
« Reply #20 on: 29 Apr 2010, 16:04 »

If skillbooks, implants, and a few other items can be produce on the planets, it makes it possible for a 0.0 entity to move from the outpost/colony stage to independent entity.  This however requires a shift in 0.0 entity leadership mentality and a true evaluation of cost when it comes to things like transporting JF loads of Trit to their manufacturing bases.

Well now. That sounds more interesting. Conceptually at least.
Nothing worth saying is inoffensive to everyone

Blog | Fiction

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #21 on: 29 Apr 2010, 16:17 »

apparently planet types might change (again).

And a lot of things like POS modules now have blueprints.
\o/

Stitcher

• Beats up helpless walls.
  • Egger
    • Stitcher's twitter
« Reply #22 on: 30 Apr 2010, 10:32 »

apparently planet types might change (again).

Yeah, they've turned the planet I was most looking forward to exploiting from a temperate into a gas giant. I am disappoint.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #23 on: 30 Apr 2010, 22:39 »

So... from now on when someone claims to have planetside holdings, are folks going to ask for screen shots?

Kamiko Hautala

• Clonejack
« Reply #24 on: 04 May 2010, 10:36 »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #25 on: 04 May 2010, 12:00 »

...except Europa. Attempt no planetary interaction there.

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 06 May 2010, 05:32 »

Planets are filthy. They're for shooting at, not building on.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

IzzyChan

• Omelette
  • 20% cooler in 10 seconds flat
    • IzzyBlog
« Reply #27 on: 06 May 2010, 10:24 »

Planets are filthy. They're for shooting at, not building on.

Heeeeeey. I like playing with mud pies. >_>

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #28 on: 08 May 2010, 17:11 »

I think it is broken because there is nothing related to corp and alliance; it's all on a player-by-player basis...

So how will it tie in with DUST? Player A from Alliance A who has a huge colony operating on a planet owned by Alliance B...wait a minute, can opposing players build colonies belonging to opposing alliances???

And can I build on Black Rise worlds? It just seems incomplete

EDIT: "You are not able to deploy the commandcenter, as you are not member of the alliance holding the sov ......"

I stand corrected. Still, regarding NPC factions...
« Last Edit: 08 May 2010, 17:17 by Seriphyn »

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 08 May 2010, 17:32 »

Anyone know of a single character who manufactures T2 modules, end-to-end?  As in mines the moons for the moon goo (for the T2 components), mines all materials for the T1 items, and manufactures everything?

I doubt it.

I am playing around with Tyrannis.  While a single character may operate the colony, a single character can not produce a POS using just their own colonies.  It will take coordination and understanding of a very complex materials/components tree to fully utilize the system.

Entire Corporations are going to exist to actually leverage what it allows us, the players, to do.

As for related to an alliance; in 0.0 only those in corporations/alliances with sov can operate colonies.

As for Empire space, I do not know if there are basic standings requirements.
Pages: 1 [2] 3