Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Mind Clash is a hugely popular sport throughout the cluster, and is centered on the willpower of two opponents? Read more here!

Author Topic: Everyone knows recon missions never go smoothly....  (Read 872 times)

Mystryss

• Clonejack
  • Lt. "Mystryss" Ketika

Birth Name:Asumi Ketika
Call Sign:Mystryss
      (Current clone)25
Race:Caldari
Current Role:Assassin/Soldier

So far work at progress...
(from an insert of her past)

It all started the day I flew my first sorties in the Caldari Surveillance sector…

Its like I remember it to this day so perfectly, everything about the mission didn’t add up. The orders where simple…a bit to simple, we all know Recon mission never go easy, nor do they ever go smoothly. Complacency. You can view it that being a one of the factors why they found us first. At least that is what the Navy keeps saying on my debriefing report. ‘Complacency is what got your team killed, its what gets the best of most good pilots…’ Good pilots? I am not a good pilot; I’m their fucking best! My team is dead because they because of false Intel, they refused to give me all the key points to look out for.

Everyone knows recon missions never go smoothly…

‘Ms. Ketika, please understand that we are aware of the harsh decision an Officer of the Caldari Navy has to do to get the mission done. But-‘
‘But its not acceptable? Yeah I’ve heard that speech before, how about you spear me the lecture and finish this report.’
‘Ms. Ketika, we have to go through all the questions; you know this as much as I do. It is a painful-‘
‘PAINFUL?! You assholes left me out there to die!! Do you know what is it so see your friends killed in just matter of minutes?? Do you know how it feel?!’
‘Ms. Keti-‘
‘Fuck you, I’m done. Apparently you can’t get it through your head… Oh and you can stop calling me Ms. Ketika, its Lt. Ketika!’

I’d never thought I’d loose it, at least like that to a higher-ranking officer. I just left. I went and got in a shuttle and just flew over to Jita, I’m sure I would find a good bar there. Ugh the nerve of that bitch talking to me like that, like it was my entire fault. It was not my fault it was theirs! They could have been better with the Intel, but no. They just wanted to get rid of us. How could we have gone up against those Pirates, there where to many of them. We where under armed, and out numbered.

All I remember after that was a large head ache and a few numbers I would never call in my data book. But out of all the things I didn’t remember, the only thing that popped up on my mind was that one girl. She seemed so calm in that club, so relaxed as if she knew what was going to happen. She seemed as if she knew me. When we talked I was so calm, no rage, no pain…just calm. She also saw my side of my argument. I don’t know why I would talk to a stranger about my mission but I did. Who cares, fuck the Navy. Let them all burn, I should just walk over to Fatal right now and just tell him all the ins and outs of the Navy. (chuckles) Yeah and die on the way to his lair or whatever they call it.

It was no more than 2 days after I met that Caldari chick in the club. She called, she wanted to meet again. I wonder if this is about the Intel, I can’t mess up now, not with the Navy sniffing around too much. No, I have to be discreet about it. Different location, a little less public, more secretive.

I can’t believe what I just heard her say! She wants to hire me as a Merc? But, I am not one. She MUST have me confused with someone else. It has to be. Wait could it be a trap from the Navy? I know they are more alert on me now, ugh it has to be. But I can’t just drop her; it will look too suspicious, as if I am on to them. What is going on? Why am I being followed? Bah what am I saying, of course they are like this, and they just want an excuse to discharge me.

That mission was real! Wow, I can’t believe that! This is so much better than flying for the Navy! Pay is incredibly high, but I guess it comes with the risks...

She called again…