Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Rimpon, an ovoid, golden coloured fruit with a tart taste, was invented by player Matariki Rain, and has since made an appearance in a number of player-created fictions?

Author Topic: Official Forum Login Issues  (Read 1284 times)

Graanvlokkie

Official Forum Login Issues
« on: 02 Nov 2010, 07:05 »

For the last year and a half I ahve been having issues logging into the official eve online forums, making it impossible to actually contribute to anything in the general eve community. Wondering if anyone has experianced anything similar.

If I try to log in using my desktop PC using my ASDL connection I get though the whole login process fine, enter a charater name and then it takes me back to the forum without logging me in. No error messages at all.

Same thing no matter how often I try, or wether I use IE or Chrome. Same thing if I try log in using my phone (a Nokia N97).

But, if I tether my phone to my desktop PC and login using my phone as a modem, it works perfectly.

Logged a petition and was told to use a different internet browser.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any ideas to fix it? It effectivly prohibits me from using the Eve-0 forums as I need to log off Eve, disconect everything, restart my PC and tether my phone everytime I want to contribute to anything. Which makes me go "mehh" and not do it.

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
Re: Official Forum Login Issues
« Reply #1 on: 02 Nov 2010, 07:32 »

It's not like you're missing much  :P

I had a similar issue with SMF forums on my Uni connection. Then I took my laptop home, logged on there, and never had the issues again. It might be something you want to take up with your ISP, because they're likely to have an answer.