Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

debris from starship combat near planets sometimes survives re-entry, as when a relay station on Yong III was destroyed by debris after a fierce fight in low orbit on 27.08YC105.

Author Topic: And then the Dev's said: Let there be market activity, and there was!  (Read 2474 times)

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger

As a flagrant market operator, it would seem that finally one of my dreams has been realised!!
http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=809

Quote from: The Almighty Dev's
SCC approves addition of faction ships to the market

The SCC has been persuaded to relax their stringent hold on the market and will, with Incursion, allow the trade of all faction ships.  This is pretty cool for those of you looking for pimp rides to show off whilst cruising around Yulai with more bling bling.

Woo hoo!!

Now all they need to add is all the mods as well.

I have no doubt some people will complain about this, given that it's effectively a contract scam nerf, but I don't care.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

Yeah, it's a pretty good tradeoff. Contract scams are fun, but this overall is MUCH better for the game.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!

I am hoping this marks a redesign for the contract system is coming.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

Personally i don't like it, but since storefronts were never released, i can see the need to add faction stuff to the market.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot

Interesting. Markets can only be viewed by region, while contracts can be viewed everywhere (though only bought while in the same region). Wonder how this will pan out.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Casiella

• Demigod

Interesting. Markets can only be viewed by region, while contracts can be viewed everywhere (though only bought while in the same region). Wonder how this will pan out.

Did that change? I seem to recall accepting contracts while in other regions...  I think I did it last week, actually.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot

Hrm, I recall something about contracts being limited to region, for like forever. Unless they took that off now?

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain

There's a difference between contracts assigned to you privately (which you can accept out of region) and public contracts (which you can only buy in region but can view anywhere).
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Casiella

• Demigod

Ah, thanks for the clarification, Cia. :)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

In my opinion, this move was designed to do two major things: 1, deal with contract scammers, and 2, tamp down the instant ISK faucet that FW has become. While there currently seems to be an almost complete freeze on the price of faction ships - Imperial Navy Slicers have been 20-25m for as long as I've been buying and selling them; the introduction of instant undercuts will almost certainly drop that price some.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Dex_Kivuli

• Dex 2.11b
  • Egger

In my opinion, this move was designed to do two major things: 1, deal with contract scammers, and 2, tamp down the instant ISK faucet that FW has become. While there currently seems to be an almost complete freeze on the price of faction ships - Imperial Navy Slicers have been 20-25m for as long as I've been buying and selling them; the introduction of instant undercuts will almost certainly drop that price some.

I just think it's a logical and sensible move. The markets of Eve are one of the key defining points of the game (imho), and I don't see why ALL in-game items aren't in the market.

I'm not sure what the PF reason for excluding faction and officer items, I'd love it if someone could enlighten me. However, given that they come from the exact same place and that neither is illegal, I don't understand why a Talon Omega (implant) can be purchased on the market, but a Scorpion Navy Issue, or a Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender cannot.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

Didn't they say something about how this was a "for now" measure?

There are a lot of faction/deadspace/officer modules and things.

aha http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1401431&page=3#74
\o/

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

I like that 'high end' items are on contracts, and you have to risk scams getting them and all of that. I think the variation makes it more interesting.