Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Caldari State is made up of eight mega-corporations and has three major political factions?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Running missions for PF figures, whether alive or dead (yes, you can!)  (Read 2317 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV

Something I noticed. There are three agents amongst the Federation that you can run missions for, despite the fact that two of them are major PF figures, and one of them is dead.

"Wadis Chene" was the Federation's Economic Minister, and is the head of the Financial division of the President corporation. She died in the Malkalen disaster but she's still there to run missions for in Parts. (another note, I wonder if the heads of the other divisions are also cabinet ministers? Thuire Dercoucon was stated in the Reschard V news item to just be Chief Coordinater of PR, but there is also the head of Internal Security and Administration).

"Anteson Ranchel" is the current Grand Admiral of the Federation Navy, being the head of the Command division. He took over after Eturrer after his disapperance and is available to run quality 6 level 4 missions in Reblier, a lowsec VV system.

"Aulmont Meis" is the last figure, currently the Head Senator. Just a level 2 quality 14 agent in Villore, in the Legal department.

Not able to get in game yet, but Maleatu Shakor comes up on EVE Agents search, but once you click on his name, it says "No Matches Found"

So...interesting. Since you can do it in game, there is absolutely no way to discount the fact that "Oh, I have been working in direct contact with Grand Admiral..." or "Working for the Head of the Senate"...since it's all there in game  :D

Though, if one runs missions for Wadis Chene...that would be a bit o_O

Something to take into consideration though. You can run missions for division heads in NPC corporations, not the CEO, but these names are often mentioned in news items and so on. It is thus very possible to leverage the fact that you are in contact with the "high command" of a corporation. If assuming the COO of any Navy corporation is the Vice Admiral and second-in-command as well...for example "Goum Mimian" is the Executive Admiral on the Privy Council but is also a level 5 agent too.

Actually if one looks at the Privy Council, a lot of them are mission agents too so...

Ner ner ner? :P
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2010, 06:08 by Seriphyn »

Vieve

It also used to be possible to earn standing with the non-agent Arnerore Rylerave, Roden Shipyards' Chief Researcher (and the designer of the Federation Navy Comet) through a standings assignment bug associated with the Level 1 Roden Marketing storyline agent Coelx Ilrer.

Not sure if that's the case anymore, since Rylerave no longer appears to exist in game.

Mierin Raine

• Clonejack

Poor Camoul...

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain

hehe nice find Seri, you should probably post this in the fiction section of eve-o and ask for guidance under which category to file the bugreport.

Also, Vieve, you have more info on that roden storyline thingie? thats the first time i've heard of it.

Vieve

hehe nice find Seri, you should probably post this in the fiction section of eve-o and ask for guidance under which category to file the bugreport.

Also, Vieve, you have more info on that roden storyline thingie? thats the first time i've heard of it.

I do, or I will once I dig out the bug report I filed on it (Step #1: remember which character filed it. Step #2: get distracted by bright shiny object...)

Grr

• Wetgraver

Our PF is still riddled with bugs but CCP have come a long way.  It only took about a year for example for Jamyl Sarum to take over the Emperor family from the previous very much dead Emperor.

Why the Jamyl avatar is naked however, im not so sure.  Perhaps the "Victor Meldrew" of Amarr RP, Rodj Blake could answer that one.  He used to have a very lengthy list of errors and grievances with Amarr PF IIRC and would occasionally wave his stick at CCP shouting them ;)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.

I'm not sure he should wave his stick about a naked Jamyl.  :oops:

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

There are several inexplicable naked people.

Salvador Sarpati and Dochuta Karsoth for example.

\o/

Vieve

There are several inexplicable naked people.

Salvador Sarpati...

Drugs can explain a lot of things.

Mierin Raine

• Clonejack

"Cocaine is a hell of a drug"

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type

If I had that much money, I'd walk around nekkid too. At that point, who's gonna question it. >>
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran

Emperors new clothes, anyone?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Boma Airaken

• Egger

Very cool find. Makes me want to scour every single bit of PF and cross reference every single name with eve-agents.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain

Otro Gariushi's sister is an Ishukone agent, even when she's supposed to be in hiding. (Mila Gariushi alias Kinachi Hepimeki)

I assume that the clothes issue on several agents is that they were originally random-generated (I seem to remember that at least one of the Heirs was Ni-Kunni) and when CCP fiddled with them to fix that matter, they did break something. That's my guess.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/

in teh privy council link there, it mentions Catiz Tash-Murkon's daughter, Meyima.

She has an adult daughter?

I didn't know she was even married!
\o/
Pages: [1] 2