Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The original starship classes in EVE were frigates, cruisers, industrials and the elusive Battleships?

Author Topic: [Character] Major JSilva  (Read 2280 times)

Major JSilva

[Character] Major JSilva
« on: 05 Oct 2010, 21:03 »

Name: James Tyson Silva
DOB:03.31.88
Ethnicity: Civire, Caldari
Biometrics: 5'11"/Brown Hair/ Blue Eyes/ 180 lbs, Standard Gravity
Current Occupation: PMC/Freelancer
Pre-Capsuleer Employment History:
Caldari Navy SF (Rank Reached:Major)
Capsuleer Employment History: Tactical Support Solutions Inc (Current Employer)
Knighthood of the Merciful Crown (PMC/Honorary Colonel in 24thIC)
Moira.
Inotek Industries
Political Alignment: Unclear
Concord Status: Clear

CONCORD DED Public Capsuleer Datasheet
[spoiler]CONCORD DED Public Capsuleer Datasheet
Name: James Tyson Silva
DED Callsign: Major JSilva
Blood Type: A-
Height: 180cm (5'11")
Weight: 81.65kg (180 lbs)
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Blue
Political Alignment: Unknown
Date of Birth: 03.31.88
Place of Birth: New Caldari Prime, Kimotoro, The Forge
Employment History:KotMC, Moira, Inotek Industries, Caldari Navy SOF

DED Threat Assessment:Moderate
Notes: Silva is relativity new as a capsuleer, his RoE generally varies but will only engage if a perosn his hostile to him or is fired upon. However while serving in Caldari Navy Special Forces he was trained in advanced hand-to-hand combat and is a qualified expert marksmen. This could pose a moderate threat when planet or stationside though there have been no reported agressions.

Personality Assessment:
Calm, direct. Generally prefers to work alone or in smaller groups. He was enlisted in the CN at the age of 12. Silva was not orginally intending to be an officer in SF but multiple recommendations from senior enlisted troops, this had changed his mind and decided to go on the path of becoming an officer. He has the ablility to think and react under pressure with lightning fast response both during training excerises and field operations.

While engaged in combat, he has been known for trying to end combat situations quickly and effectively.This has both earned him respect and hatred from higher echelons of command. Most importantly focusing on operations that involve collateral damage and use of force on enemy combatants and civilians. This has lead to investigation of him and his unit though no official charges have ever been laid but it has limited chances of promotions into higher ranks which could have proven to be a factor in working as a PMC and pursuing capsuleer training. Though exact reasons and how he got funding for capsuleer training remain unknown.

Physical Assessment:
Silva maintains an athletic build and stays in top physical condition though he is generally underweight for someone of his height and build. Has recieved extensive training in small arms, hand-to-hand combat and demolitions and also with the experience to match which has lead to great reflex's and reaction time. Has cybernetics implants and is generally known to carry a sub-machine gun sized PDW(personal defense weapon) that has been custom modified. Usually wears camoflauge fatigues or casual clothing.  [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2011, 20:03 by Major JSilva »

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
Re: [Character] Major JSilva
« Reply #1 on: 06 Oct 2010, 13:56 »

I don't mean to be picky, but I don't think AO- is a valid blood type.

As I understand it, you can react to A antigens, B antigens, or both, or neither. giving you the options
A, B, AB and O. (O is null or zero in some languages)

Additionally, you can react to the Rhesus antigen, or not, giving you + or - after your blood type, independently of the other factors.

so the full range of blood types are
A+, A-, B+, B-, AB+, AB-, O+ and O-.

AB+ is the universal acceptor. A person with this blood type can accept a transfusion of any other blood type.
O- is the universal donor, and blood from this person can be transfused into a person of any blood type.

That said, with advanced med-tech, it's entirely possible there are other factors that will be discovered that affect donation acceptance and get rated.

Also "known carrying of bigger weapons remains unknown." seems like a very awkward phrasing.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Major JSilva

« Reply #2 on: 06 Oct 2010, 16:05 »

I'm sorry when i was in forensics in high school we were blood typed and they tod me that thye try to get specific to that level as some people cant take pure A-, it might be different that what they told me when I got my blood type taken. I'll be sure to fix it.

I don't mean to be picky, but I don't think AO- is a valid blood type.

As I understand it, you can react to A antigens, B antigens, or both, or neither. giving you the options
A, B, AB and O. (O is null or zero in some languages)

Additionally, you can react to the Rhesus antigen, or not, giving you + or - after your blood type, independently of the other factors.

so the full range of blood types are
A+, A-, B+, B-, AB+, AB-, O+ and O-.

AB+ is the universal acceptor. A person with this blood type can accept a transfusion of any other blood type.
O- is the universal donor, and blood from this person can be transfused into a person of any blood type.

That said, with advanced med-tech, it's entirely possible there are other factors that will be discovered that affect donation acceptance and get rated.

Also "known carrying of bigger weapons remains unknown." seems like a very awkward phrasing.

Ulphus

• Bitter dried flower
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 06 Oct 2010, 18:12 »

Yeah, you can get a genotype of AO or AA. I think AO means that half your genes are A and the other half are O, but that expresses as blood type A, as does AA.

I don't know enough about explicit blood typing, but I am a blood donor, and they seem to only use the types I listed above. Of course, being NZ, that might be because it's cheaper.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type might be useful.
Adult to 4y.o "Your shoes are on the wrong feet"
Long pause
4y.o to adult, in plaintive voice "I don't have any other feet!"

Major JSilva

« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2010, 17:06 »

Profile has been updated and modified. I'd appreciate it highly if someone could give me some criticism and make sure everything makes sense. I only know some much about the caldari prime fiction.

Thanks

Silva

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2010, 21:25 »

Looks good to me silva *thumbs up*

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #6 on: 24 Nov 2010, 04:15 »

Joined the Navy at Twelve??

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Inara Subaka

• Egger
  • Business Woman
« Reply #7 on: 24 Nov 2010, 11:47 »

Joined the Navy at Twelve??

For the State, it's not that unheard of iirc. I tried finding the Chron/short story that mentioned someone starting for the Navy at 14 or 15.

Also, if he was tube born... he was 'made' to be a soldier (not sure if Silva is or not, just making a point), and their training would have started at what we'd consider a very young age.

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 24 Nov 2010, 12:03 »

I was going to say something similar to what Inara said, but she beat me to it.  But I will add that back in the 1800s, most navies had the rank of midshipman , which at least in the British navy could be held by somone around 12 or younger, and who was technically an officer, so in a manpower starved nation like the State, I think it would be reasonable for a 12 year old to be found leading around some sort of shore party or in charge of the night watch, as long as a senior NCO was around.  He probably would not be captain of even a frigate (non-pod) until at least 17 or 18 though. 

Major JSilva

« Reply #9 on: 24 Nov 2010, 19:42 »

I should have maybe clarified it better. Silva joined a 12, which was not uncommon which I was told by several people. Then if your going into SF in real world it is 2 years of training, not to mention Officer training is aleast another year. So 15/16 years old by that time he could be a 2nd Lt. Then 6-8 years of good service could warrant fast promotion to a higher rank IE Major. SF in the state would probalily deal with taking out spies and traitors to the state, dealing with dissenters, assassinations of pirates or feds this all is what I am assuming what they would do. Inara knows way more about the state then I do so i asked him alot of questions relating to this.

Also joining at 12 is not uncommon in Sci-fi or history. The Spartan-II and III programs in Halo fiction the recruits were 5-7 year olds trained up to fight. The Spartan society in history took kids at the age of 7 and trained them in warfare til they were 16.

Silva
« Last Edit: 29 Jan 2011, 12:26 by Major JSilva »