Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that wooden furniture is very expensive in space? (p. 89)

Author Topic: [Character] Anton Duvalier  (Read 2253 times)

Anton Duvalier

• Clonejack
[Character] Anton Duvalier
« on: 03 Oct 2010, 15:34 »

Name
Anton Bavril Duvalier

Nationality
Gallente Federation. Registered as Progressive Party (hawk subset)

Birthplace
Corufeu, Luminaire system

Ethnicity
Gallente (Maternally 1/8 Amarran)

Biometrics
135 lbs, at standard gravity / 6'1" / brown hair / brown eyes

Relations
Agilgar Duvalier. Investigative reporter, The Coufeu Daily Independent
Bridgitte Brontinus-Duvalier. Senatorial aide, Progressive Party seat 12

Occupation
Student, Federal Navy Academy, Couster

Educational History
University of Corefu. YC 106-YC 110. Political science degree
Federal Navy Academy. YC 112-present

Employment History
Senatorial Intern, Corufeu Progressive Party. YC 109
Field Volunteer, Federal Refugee & Immigrant Services. YC 111

Medical History
Nothing of note.  No distinguishing marks, tattoos, scars or modifications.

Criminal History
Arrested YC 107, University of Corufeu.  Unlawful assembly, disorderly conduct, refusing to obey an officer of the peace.  Charges dropped.

Arrested YC 108, University of Corufeu Progressive Student Association Annual Assembly.  Assault.  Acquitted, self defense.

CONCORD Status
Clear

DED Threat Assessment: Harmless

Notes: Anton comes from a well-known Gallentean political family, and his progressive, pro-Federation politics are well-documented.  He is currently active in pirate hunting, and seeks to join the Federal militia.  Self-professed adherance to all Federal rules of war and the Yulai convention.  CONCORD has no reason to expect illegal violent actions from this citizen.

Personality Assessment: Young, idealistic and energetic.  Monsieur Duvalier is a Federal patriot, and seems driven by his experiences in the FRIS.  Although far from a fanatic, Anton believes fervently in the founding ideals and values of the Federation.  CONCORD observation also notes an uncommon interest in the welfare of his crew.

One of our field researchers acquired the following recording of a classroom presentation.  We believe it provides great insight into M. Duvalier's personality:

"I believe that our nation's greatest defensive weapon is the Brutix.  As we've all discussed before, it is relatively cheap, hard as a rock and hits like a bus.  Our greatest defensive weapon?  Well, professor, I'd have to say Quafe.

Don't laugh, please.  Why?  Because the Caldari state, like our Federation, is an idea, and ideas can't be destroyed with weapons.  However, they can be marginalized, and that is what Quafe does.  Our nation and our demcoratic ideals will eventually reach their manifest destiny, but not at the barrel of a gun.  They'll do it when the rest of the galaxy realizes it would rather be Gallentean than a corporate or theological slave.  If you want defense, look to your armaments.  If you want dominance and empire, look to our culture.

Yes, ma'am.  I know.  I was expecting a failing grade, anyways."

Physical Assessment: Tall, thin and fair skinned.  Anton bears no distinguishing marks.  Usually seen wearing a neatly-pressed Federal Cadet uniform.  Despite military training, posesses poor posture.  Regarded as vain by classmates.  Trained in basic hand-to-hand and firearm combat.  Although slightly built, the FRIS reported great physical and mental stamina.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2010, 00:12 by Anton Duvalier »

Anton Duvalier

• Clonejack
Re: [Character] Anton Duvalier
« Reply #1 on: 03 Oct 2010, 15:35 »

Everyone, please let me know what you think!  Hopefully it isn't too shabby for a first go...

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #2 on: 04 Oct 2010, 00:16 »

I like the relative "noob" status of your character. Fresh out of school, young and naive, and very idealistic.

Interested to see how he will progress in the coming months.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #3 on: 04 Oct 2010, 05:27 »

[Don't laugh, please.  Why?  Because the Caldari state, like our Federation, is an idea, and ideas can't be destroyed with weapons.  However, they can be marginalized, and that is what Quafe does.  Our nation and our demcoratic ideals will eventually reach their manifest destiny, but not at the barrel of a gun.  They'll do it when the rest of the galaxy realizes it would rather be Gallentean than a corporate or theological slave.  If you want defense, look to your armaments.  If you want dominance and empire, look to our culture.

This is my favourite part of your post.

We should recruit this man, Ben.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 04 Oct 2010, 07:06 »

very interesting...the quafe section speech was great.

One question, why you wear a "Federal Cadet"? are you still a student? or are you part of the Fed Navy Academy cadets that stay to teach freshmen?.

Anton Duvalier

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 04 Oct 2010, 12:05 »

This might sound odd, but I'm not sure.  I think I was going for "still a student, about to graduate."  Sometimes when IC, I mention I wasn't able to secure an officer's comission, and am thus looking for civillian employment post-grad.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2010, 12:07 by Anton Duvalier »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #6 on: 05 Oct 2010, 05:04 »

Good stuff.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Vieve

« Reply #7 on: 05 Oct 2010, 06:01 »

Good stuff.

Yup.  Shame most of my alts aren't in a position to corrupt the fresh meat interact with Anton.  (And he'd make another of them incredibly uneasy.)