Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Both Black Ops and Titans create artificial wormholes with their respective jump portal generators?

Author Topic: Angel Cartel Militia  (Read 3482 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Angel Cartel Militia
« on: 01 Oct 2010, 10:32 »

So a little project I started a while back was to come up with a set of "militia ranks" for the Angel Cartel, I originally started a mailing list called Angel Ranks, but after being unable to stir up enough interest in it through the Cartel channels, I decided to post it here. So anyway, here is a first draft of the ranks. Feel free to comment, critique, help, etc etc. I intend this to be a collaborative project.

Rank list:
Divine Ensign
Gistii Lieutenant
Arch Gistii Lieutenant
Gistum Captain
Arch Gistum Captain
Gistatis Major
Arch Gistatis Major
Gist Colonel
Arch Gist Colonel
Domination Commodore

And here is the expanded rank list with all of the individual ranks and a quote for each one.

Rank 1: Divine Ensign

Divine Ensign is the lowest commissioned rank in the Angel Cartel. It ranks immediately below Gistii Lieutenant.

“Major Trald Vukenda, you stand accused of the following: Terrorism, Multiple Homicide, Piracy, Grand theft spacecraft, possession of controlled substances with intent to sell, sheltering convicted criminals, and criminal negligence. How do you plead?"
-Recorded from the  Republic Justice Department Trial in abstentia of Trald Vukenda

Rank 2: Gistii Lieutenant

Gistii Lieutenant is a junior commissioned rank in the Angel Cartel. It ranks above Divine Ensign and immediately below Arch Gistii Lieutenant.

“...Reports of strange vessels far more powerful then anything we've seen before from agents in the field, origin is unknown, we advise an immediate military response, Curse is burning, we need to quench the flames before they spread.”
- Scouting Report by Lance Commander Terios Flefnerien on the state of Curse.

Rank 3: Arch Gistii Lieutenant

Arch Gistii Lieutenant is a junior commissioned rank in the Angel Cartel. It ranks above Gistii Lieutenant and immediately below Gistum Captain .

“Angels never die, you should know that.”
- Tobias Kruzhor over a cracked communications band to the Republic fleet upon their shock at Trald Vukenda being alive.

Rank 4: Gistum Captain

Gistum Captain is a junior commissioned rank in the Angel Cartel. It ranks above Arch Gistii Lieutenant and immediately below Arch Gistum Captain.

What do you mean the interdiction fleet just disappeared?!”
-Minmatar Colonel Svari Makartan on report of response fleet sent to Curse vanishing without a trace

Rank 5: Arch Gistum Captain

Arch Gistum Captain is a commissioned rank in the Angel Cartel. It ranks above Gistum Captain and immediately below Gistatis Major

“This is our region now, our home, you've all made this possible. Not just for me, but for yourselves, and your familes. We've built ourselves an Empire”
-Trald Vukenda in an internal address upon securing the Tranquility Constellation.

Rank 6: Gistatis Major

Gistatis Major is a commissioned rank in the angel cartel. It ranks above Gistum Captain and immediately below Arch Gistatis Major.

“They're nothing but a bunch of criminals. Send in the fleet, we'll burn that region to ash, it'll make the Jovian exodus seem like childs play. They think they can ignore the law, we'll give them something to ignore..”
-Minmatar General Kasorata Fogneko upon the formalization of the Angel Cartel in Curse.

Rank 7: Arch Gistatis Major

Arch Gistatis Major is a commisioned rank in the Angel Cartel it ranks above Gistatis Major and immediately below Gist Colonel.

“I had family on Doril. Friends. I don't have anything left to give them. No chances, no compassion, no humanity. All that's left are bullets.”
-Mizuro Cybon after the orbital bombardment of Doril II by a mixed Republic/Federation task force.

Rank 8: Gist Colonel

Gist Colonel is a senior commissioned rank in the Angel Cartel. It ranks above Arch Gistatis Major and immediately below Arch Gist Colonel.

“They outnumber us five to one. I almost feel sorry for them. Maybe we should withdraw a portion of the fleet to give them a chance to run.”
-Tobias Kruzhor during a war room meeting.

Rank 9: Arch Gist Colonel

Arch Gist Colonel is a senior commissioned rank in the Angel Cartel. It ranks above Gist Colonel and immediately below Dominations Commodore.

“There has been little resistance thus far. The criminals are weak, their resolve was broken at Doril, we should have no trouble securing the region.”
-Intercepted transmission from the Minmatar/Federation task force into Curse.

Rank 10: Dominations Commodore

Dominations Commodore is a the most senior commissioned rank in the Angel Cartel. It ranks above Arch Gist Colonel.

“The dead rocks, the stars, the bloodstained worlds, they'll remember us here one way or another, the curse of this place will echo down through the years. And everyone will know: here, the angels flew.”
Trald Vukenda, shortly before the battle of Utopia.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2010, 08:37 by Nikita Alterana »
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
Re: Angel Cartel Militia
« Reply #1 on: 01 Oct 2010, 16:01 »

Hell yeah!

Very good work.  8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 02 Oct 2010, 16:25 »

I'm sort of hoping I can shanghei Ken to making icons for each rank. and this is supposed to be at least in part a group project, so feel free to contribute ideas/comments/criticisms.

Nakatre Read

• Resident Angel
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 02 Oct 2010, 17:54 »

What do you intend to use these ranks for?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 02 Oct 2010, 22:16 »

What do you intend to use these ranks for?

For having? I might use them in my corp, but tbh, just having them seems novel to me.

Crevo

• You don't know me...
  • Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 04 Oct 2010, 08:04 »

Rank 1: Divine Ensign

Divine Ensign is the lowest commissioned rank in the Angel Cartel. It ranks immediately below Gistii Lieutenant.

“Major Trald Vukenda, you stand accused of the following: Terrorism, Multiple Homicide, Piracy, Grand theft spacecraft, possession of controlled substances with intent to sell, sheltering convicted criminals, and criminal negligence. How do you plea?"
-Recorded from the  Republic Justice Department Trial in abstentia of Trald Vukenda

'Plea' should actually be 'Plead'

Very cool though and creative quotes!

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 02 Nov 2010, 18:36 »

I'm gonna give this a bump, and see if I can get some additional feedback, also, I've started the rough sketches for the rank emblem designs.

Aodha Khan

« Reply #7 on: 03 Nov 2010, 03:13 »

I like the ranks Nikita but my only concern is there is too many to be practical. I like to give rank a meaning, for example higher security permissions, more roles in corp.

I may use a shortened down version of your ranks as I always thought it would be nice to have pirate faction ranks since I first saw the Militia ones.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #8 on: 03 Nov 2010, 11:32 »

I think Aodha that these are ranks of if there was an Angel Cartel militia akin to FDU/TLF/STPRO/24IC, which all have 10 ranks. Only for independent capsuleers, actual navy ranks are a lot different.