Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (The Burning Life p 38)

Author Topic: 21st Eridani Lighthorse??  (Read 2442 times)

Hamish Grayson

21st Eridani Lighthorse??
« on: 17 Sep 2010, 18:30 »

...an organization named in honor of the unit in which he served long ago and the General that commanded it.

Are you guys trying to create a Battletech to Eve cross over?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Eridani_Light_Horse

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: 21st Eridani Lighthorse??
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2010, 19:13 »

Eh. It's a good name. No reason not to re-use it. (Though I don't know anything about the group in question, mind. :) )

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2010, 19:44 »

That was my reaction too. Though possibly with a few more question marks. Maybe an exclamation point thrown in for good measure.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Arvo Katsuya

• Noble Appliance
  • Egger
« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2010, 20:10 »

I'm surprised nobody has called out Ber Kan on him using the Umbrella Corporation. ;)

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2010, 21:47 »

I am not entirely opposed to this notion.

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Raphael Saint

• I should really go back to mining
  • Wetgraver
    • Miner Inconvienences [Blog]
« Reply #5 on: 19 Sep 2010, 12:34 »

That got me curious as to what numbers people choose when having a "Nth Something Something."

The breakdown:

1st -15 corps          11th - 8 corps          21st - 15 corps          31st - 7 corps          50th - 1 corp
2nd - 8 corps          12th - 5 corps          22nd - 8 corps7         32nd - 6 corps         60th - 0 corps
3rd - 11 corps         13th - 10 corps        23rd - 10 corps          33rd - 5 corps         70th - 2 corps
4th -  12 corps        14th - 7 corps          24th - 13 corps*        34th - 3 corps         75th - 5 corps
5th - 12 corps         15th - 1 corp            25th - 4 corps            35th - 0 corps         80th- 0 corps
6th - 8 corps           16th - 5 corps          26th - 3 corps            36th - 2 corps         82nd - 7 corps
7th - 11 corps         17th - 10 corps        27th - 5 corps            37th - 3 corps         90th - 0 corps
8th - 13 corps         18th - 3 corps          28th - 5 corps            38th - 0 corps         100th - 1 corp
9th - 18 corps         19th - 3 corps          29th - 4 corps            39th - 2 corps         101st - 25+ corps
10th - 12 corps       20th - 1 corp            30th - 2 corps            40th - 0 corps         501st - 12 corps

*Removed "24th Imperial Crusade" from the count

As you can see, the numbers start to drop off near the late thirties.  That plus my lack of will to go any further just had me pick the remaining tenths and numbers corresponding to popular/well known military units (both real and fictional).

Also, during my research I found a few corps who used a zero instead of a capital O to being their corp name.  Possible anti-linking protection, or just to be different?

Syn Callibri

« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2010, 12:12 »

...an organization named in honor of the unit in which he served long ago and the General that commanded it.

Are you guys trying to create a Battletech to Eve cross over?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Eridani_Light_Horse

Answer...

No. Its a good name, we like it...thats it.

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2010, 13:39 »

I can certainly agree that it's a good name.  Lighthorse is mah favorite unit.

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #8 on: 20 Sep 2010, 14:10 »

Come on, make an MTAC combat unit!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #9 on: 21 Sep 2010, 11:00 »

I'm asking about the name specifically to encourage you to create a more extensive (eve-based) history for the corp. Many corp names are not routed in EVE lore, but that doesn't mean an EVE appropriate background cannot be constructed.

Who knows, perhaps someday we'll be talking about the Eridani maneuver, a reference to a maneuver pioneered by some general of the past.