Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Federal member states retain control of their home systems, as seen exercised here?

Author Topic: [HOLO] Tru Blood  (Read 1994 times)

Ciarente

• Owner of the thickest rose-colored glasses in the Cluster
  • The Mods
  • Pod Captain
[HOLO] Tru Blood
« on: 17 Sep 2010, 06:20 »

Set on a fictional backwards Amarr world where the Sani Sabik faithful have recently gained recognition as an official religion and 'come out of the closet', this highly unrealistic Gallente-made romance-horror-drama follows the adventures of a small group of Blooders trying to balance their religious practices with assimilating into 'mainstream' society. The main characters are Bilahervan Yarnis, a Sani Sabik priest whose blood-drinking has given him a vastly extended life-span and unrealistic super-human powers; Suukan Alarvi, the young orphaned waitress who has fallen in love with Bilahervan despite the misgivings of her friends and herself; Rahanis Alarvi, Suukan's well-meaning but dumb younger brother; Erifak Zara, a senior Blooder who distrusts Bilahervan's close ties to non-believers while desiring Suukan for himself; and Tahra Moumou, Suukan's best friend, flirting with the idea of becoming a Blooder herself.

Widely popular due to its combination of camp horror, frank portrayal of sexual activity and flippant humor, 'Tru Blood' is a long running staple in the Impetus stable, and a secret guilty pleasure for many otherwise 'sensible' people throughout the Cluster, who tune in every week to see if Bil will give in to the temptation to drink Suukan's blood, if Suukan will go further than flirting with Erifak, and just what trouble the wise-cracking Tahra will get herself into in this episode.

Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Vincent Pryce

Re: [HOLO] Tru Blood
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2010, 07:15 »

I see what you did there  :yar: :lol:

Ciarente

• The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2010, 07:16 »

Couldn't resist ... :P
Silver Night > I feel like we should keep Cia in reserve. A little bit for Cia's sanity, but mostly because her putting on her mod hat is like calling in Rommel to deal with a paintball game.

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2010, 22:42 »

lol Cia - So much win :P

I approve.

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #4 on: 22 Sep 2010, 23:35 »

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Ciarente

• The Mods
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jan 2011, 04:58 »

Impetus Studios has released a new range of publicity shots for the famous (some say infamous) holo series 'Tru Blood'.

The release sparked a fresh range of calls from the Minority Actor's Association for Impetus to introduce ethnically accurate casting in their productions. Although the two female leads, playing Suukan and Tahra, are Amarr and Ni-Kunni respectively, Bilahervan, Erifak and Rahanis are played by Intaki and Gallente actors.

When asked to comment on the MAA's stance, an Impetus spokesperson said, "Are you kidding me? Cast Amarr men in a show like this? We want to scare people, not make them throw up."