Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Author Topic: Speakeasy sub-forums  (Read 1077 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Speakeasy sub-forums
« on: 10 Sep 2010, 17:29 »

I've been thinking of adding a few sub-forums to the 'speakeasy' section.

What I had in mind were sections for Movies and TV, books, and music discussions. These are things people can talk a lot about, and many people are generally interested in. Alternately there could be a single section for all three, if 3 sections strikes people as overkill.

My initial idea would be 3 sections, though. Each would have a 'recommendations' sticky (in the case of music, maybe a sticky for recommendations thread - each thread being for a different genre?). Then if you wanted to discuss a specific movie/book/band you could make a thread for that purpose. (With a single section, there could be 3 stickies, ofc.)

This would give members a specific place to go for this kind of discussion, or if they were looking for recommendations from others in the community. I also think that just the existence of the section would encourage people to start threads, as it would have a focus that the more general 'speakeasy' parent forum section doesn't.

Anyway, thoughts? Proposals for alternate ways of doing things, or other sub-forum ideas?

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: Speakeasy sub-forums
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2010, 19:48 »

I'd suggest a "Media" area, since it's better to have one semi-active board (encouraging growth) than three that never see attention. Once it has achieved more activity, splitting it would be an option.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
Re: Speakeasy sub-forums
« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2010, 23:49 »

I think you're probably right. If it is popular, I can always split it later.

It would just be a matter of finding some poor sap to sort through the old entries and sort them into the new sections, if it ever came to that.
* Silver Night eyes Casiella thoughtfully.