Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the connections inside a pod serve as both communications pathways and security wiring? (The Burning Life, p 30)

Author Topic: ....  (Read 2255 times)

Syn Callibri

« on: 08 Sep 2010, 12:08 »

« Last Edit: 09 Sep 2010, 11:39 by Syn Callibri »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: CCP Dev/Moderators are biased idiots
« Reply #1 on: 08 Sep 2010, 12:25 »

I think you may be taking this too personally. As a general rule, CCP just doesn't discuss moderation policy publicly, particularly in thread responses. I do agree that they should post some clarification, and I've long been unhappy with the fact that IGS seems to be about IC posting rather than traditional forum RP (with a few exceptions).

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2010, 12:27 »

I have to ask you to rephrase your post.
\o/

Milo Caman

• Guerilla Gardener
  • Pod Captain
    • Out of Sinq
« Reply #3 on: 08 Sep 2010, 12:37 »

I wouldn't say Bias, but they do seem a bit clueless at times. I've spotted Devs shifting troll posts from C+P to the IGS before now.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 08 Sep 2010, 12:49 »

They aren't super-aware of everything. I remember one of my Wheat Fraction threads getting moved to fiction just after it hit the news.

However, in all honesty, I had some difficulty in identifying your post as interactive RP, let alone interactive RP belonging in a place called 'The Intergalactic Summit'.

What was your purpose in posting it there? How could I respond to it in character?

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #5 on: 08 Sep 2010, 13:01 »

They aren't super-aware of everything. I remember one of my Wheat Fraction threads getting moved to fiction just after it hit the news.

However, in all honesty, I had some difficulty in identifying your post as interactive RP, let alone interactive RP belonging in a place called 'The Intergalactic Summit'.

What was your purpose in posting it there? How could I respond to it in character?

What Merd said basically. It was an interesting post, but I can't see how it'd in any way be a sort of interactive RP or anything, it just didn't really click in the right way with the way things are done on the IGS.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #6 on: 09 Sep 2010, 06:37 »

Fiction is for fiction, IGS is for back-and-forth discussions. So what they did was right in this case. I do agree at times they are a bit clueless, but in the end they decide the forum setup.

Also going to have to disagree with your title, no devs were involved in this. And you can't really call them biased for following the rules they set out, just cause you don't agree with them.

Best course of action? Post something on the suggestions forum. Though unless a CSM member picks up on it, it will be a long shot.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 09 Sep 2010, 10:46 »

Exactly as per the rules. The forums don't have a specific "interactive storytelling" or "forum RP" section. EVE Fiction is for writing fiction, be there one or many writers. A possible way of doing that would be having a storyline thread and a comment thread in EVE Fiction. The Intergalatic Summit is more like diplomacy and "in-character communication". Unless it's a corporate announcement, post contents are authored by the posting character (though I do remember a few "left his NeoCom terminal open" incidents). All posts are also public as far as I am aware (so a fitting answer for the post might have been "get a room, will you").

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
Re: ....
« Reply #8 on: 10 Sep 2010, 16:06 »

I have found myself a tad puzzled by the "Sisters of the Blood Pact" thread on the IGS.

Most of the stuff there reads like a private conversation, of matters that would be kept extremely confidential. When it is posted in the open like that how is someone supposed to ignore it in their IC dealings with you? It would be, if nothing else, polite to indicate what a person would need to be aware of the content of the thread IC. At least that is how I see things.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #9 on: 10 Sep 2010, 16:09 »

If it's on the IGS, it's public knowledge. Leaked video footage, audio or text logs, if necessary... But simply put, if you don't want it to be public knowledge then you don't post it on the IGS.

There aren't any official Eve forums designed for forum RP of that kind, I fear.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2010, 17:07 »

[mod]Locking topic as OP has been removed.There is probably a discussion that could be had about CCP's forum moderation policies. Please be sure that if you start or participate in such a discussion, you do so in a way that follows Backstage rules and guidelines.Please remember that insults and attacks directed at non-members (including CCP volunteers or staff) are not allowed.[/mod]