Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

Author Topic: Background/Details for Khanid Cyberknights?  (Read 1158 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
Background/Details for Khanid Cyberknights?
« on: 02 Sep 2010, 17:13 »

I was wondering if anyone had details, offical or player made, on the Khanid Cyberknights.  I have managed to find very little details other than the offical details and a few impliances laid out in the Khanid resource thread on the main EvE forums here.  From what I gathered from those, the Khanid Cyberknights are a group of warriors who have argumented their bodies with cybernetics so that they remain effective on the modern battlefield.  They are also menctioned as leading the reclaiming against several races.

What I imply from this is that they consider themselves as more than common foot soldiers.  They likely have some sort of code they live by, and/or a subculture that rewards and punishes members by how they act.  Off the top of my head, most groups of warriors are like this, Vikings, Samurai, etc, all have some sort of code of honor, thought they differ wildly between groups.  I also imply that the Cyberknights either do not use modern weapons, or use them sparingly.  An average soldier does not need cybernetics to fire the average gun, but someone facing a gun with a sword would probably need cybernetics to survive the encounter.  On the other hand, the cybernetics may be due to the smaller population base of the Khanid Kingdom compared to the other empires, and therefore, the Kingdom needs a better class of infantry so that quality will win over quantity.  Still the emphasis on the word warrior instead of soldier implies the use of more skill oriented weapons.  A soldier may become skilled with a weapon, but usually they do not start with this skill, and not much is needed to use their weapons.  A warrior will train much longer before being considered ready to go off on their own and use it, and many weapons used by warriors on Earth require a large amount of skill to use.  I would imagion the same would be true here. 

So from this, I would see the Cyberknights as a group of highly skilled warriors who may use weapons that are not normally on the modern battlefield.  Has anyone else come up with something different, or something more for these people?