Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Kiaor was a notable Minmatar historical figure attributed with saying, "Those whom you hate so fervently, you must have once loved so deeply."

Author Topic: Fallen Earth: Convince me.  (Read 1913 times)

Benjamin Shepherd

Fallen Earth: Convince me.
« on: 02 Sep 2010, 01:00 »

I want to play Fallen Earth; I played the beta for a few days, tons of bugs. But I saw the recent patches, with updated graphics and added content.

Price isn't an issue, so is it worth it? It seems interesting, but I am wondering if there is a good RP community.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Fallen Earth: Convince me.
« Reply #1 on: 02 Sep 2010, 01:25 »

have a friend that plays it, never liked the look of it, not my scene. He really really loved it though.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2010, 02:15 »

Yes it's worth it. No, I don't really play it. For me it's not the kind of game I need. I need something with a bit less... grind. (said the eve player)

Simply put, it only gives you what you put into it, unlike Eve where you can go a week without undocking but suddenly be able to fly a new ship.

Benjamin Shepherd

« Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2010, 13:34 »

As for the RP community? Updates are good?

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #4 on: 03 Sep 2010, 23:41 »

http://fallenearth.rp-haven.com/

Might want to start there. It seems to have at least a bit of an RP community.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 04 Sep 2010, 08:11 »

....I thought it was a lot of fun. Run around in a post-apocalyptic wasteland... gather stuff... build stuff. etc.

Goshien

• Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 04 Sep 2010, 16:12 »

I originally played it around the time it came out. Had a certain immersive quality about it. But like EVE, it's actual gameplay was complete and utter shit and didn't have the redeeming qualities and time behind it to have pulled it off anyway for me. This was doubled by the fact that it wanted to be shooterish, my favorite kind of gameplay. So when I say that it's gameplay was shit at the the time I played it, you know it was shit.

Whether it's changed from that I don't know. I'm surprised it's even around still to be honest.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 04 Sep 2010, 21:32 »

I'd played it through the beta and then about three months ago, Gosh.

It was seriously an entirely different game, and actually fun (unlike during beta).

It's still got some issues, don't get me wrong, but it's worth peering at again, honestly.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #8 on: 06 Sep 2010, 08:15 »

Ive lurked on the FE forums for months. It seems like a very good game with a small, yet dedicated community. Would have signed up, but it came to a decision between that or a second Eve account.

The second Eve account won.

Jari Katir

« Reply #9 on: 07 Sep 2010, 08:46 »

Oh! Oh! Come play Fallen Earth! It's super fun! It's like Mad Max the MMO! The community isn't huge but it is dedicated and the devs are pretty great, and yea there IS RP but it does take a bit of looking for, finding a clan is most important for it I imagine, but once you get into the grove the RP can be quite fun.

I totally agree with Lillith saying it's totally different since beta, it's actually fun now. Basically there needs some more polish, it was very clearly done by an 'indie' company, but the Devs are very dedicated to actually doing it and working on keeping in touch with us and working on what we bitch about most.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #10 on: 07 Sep 2010, 14:12 »

I played this in beta, too. Actually, this was the game that made me swear off betas forever, since I realized I'm not using betas correctly -- that is, I end up treating them as a free trial rather than as an opportunity to provide feedback and testing.

Glad to see this thread, and if my RL social group eases up on WoW, I might give this a spin this winter. (Because, seriously, I hate elves.)