Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the DED and the Sisters of EVE cooperate on audits of megacorps? (The Burning Life p 35)

Author Topic: [Character] Vega Atreides  (Read 1380 times)

WhiskeyJohnny

• Clonejack
[Character] Vega Atreides
« on: 01 Sep 2010, 13:47 »

Picture Forthcoming

Name: Vega Atreides
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Red (Currently Dyed Crimson)
Height: 1.905m (6'3")
Weight: 72.57 kg (160lbs, 11 stone 6 pounds)

Brief Description: Vega is quite gaunt and angular, and dresses in slightly older Gallente suits which accentuate these aspects, or his pilot's jumpsuit.  He has tattoos of ancient geometric propositions and his Gallente Navy unit on his back (Unit tat centered on his spine between his shoulders, one prop (Euclid [III.16]) on his left shoulder-blade and another (Euclid [XII.17]) on his right).  He has two long scars on his chest from a previous injury.

Other public information: Vega grew up in a Gallente political family, went to a good university, studying mathematics and philosophy.  After achieving his masters, he did a year in the Gallente Federation Navy, to pay for his studies.  After that, he was recruited by Federal Special Intelligence, with whom he served for three years before undergoing pod pilot training, at age 25.  He has since left the service and now operates freelance as a pod pilot.

Questions: I intended for Vega to be born of a Gallente father and a Caldari Mother (Hence the 'Immigrant' bloodline that I had chosen) but I was concerned that, due to the war and tensions between them, that this might seem a bit fantastic and unrealistic.  Further, I was wondering what sort of implants would be issued by the military service etc.?  I know that I, as a new pilot, don't have any implants in game, but I would suspect that they would be issued, even if they weren't terribly cutting edge, given their prevalence amongst pod pilots.  Is there any canon information on that front, one way or another?
"Those who make great distinction between their scholars and their soldiers will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools."    -Thucydides

Vieve

Re: [Character] Vega Atreides
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2010, 20:04 »

I intended for Vega to be born of a Gallente father and a Caldari Mother (Hence the 'Immigrant' bloodline that I had chosen) but I was concerned that, due to the war and tensions between them, that this might seem a bit fantastic and unrealistic. 

Until CCP says "no Caldari ever lived anywhere but Caldari Prime when the Caldari were part of the Federation", I think it's safe to say that at least some Caldari got off that ice ball of a homeworld and moved somewhere nicer.  Some may have even decided to stay where they were when folks fled Caldari Prime (based on the argument that their ties to C-P might have faded somewhat after a generation or three elsewhere).  Vega's Mom could have been from one of those Federalized (Federationized?  Gallente corrupted?) families.

CCP's already said that the Federation's made up of all races.  Don't think it'd be too realistic for a rebel Deteis or Civire to want to be in the Federation.*

*For the record, I play Gallenteans who are (for the most part) happy to be in the State.

Usagi Tsukino

• Wetgraver
  • Fail RPer; Doing It Wrong.
    • Usagi's Seldom Updated Twitter Account
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2010, 14:40 »

While I doubt you would have had many of the Patriots or the Practicals immigrating to Federation planets, it's not unreasonable to believe that some of the Liberal faction might have not cut it in Caldari society and left to a more open, free spirited Federation.

Not to mention, post independence, but pre-Heth, Caldari Prime was in Federation control. (Caldari independence was almost 200 years ago, so there was plenty of time for your mom to be born and relocate on a new planet, or just hang out Caldari Prime!)

TL;DR what Vieve said.

Stimulus :: Multispectacular
<3 Gurista raised, Caldari Navy trained, Bacchanalian alt. <3
Chaotic Dreams | An IC Blog Experiment

WhiskeyJohnny

• Clonejack
« Reply #3 on: 03 Sep 2010, 22:27 »

Perfect, thanks gents!
"Those who make great distinction between their scholars and their soldiers will have their thinking done by cowards and their fighting done by fools."    -Thucydides