Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You fly your ship from inside a pod, not from a bridge?

Author Topic: Re: kids are good  (Read 1174 times)

Boma Airaken

• Egger
Re: kids are good
« on: 31 Aug 2010, 22:06 »

C'mon people, we (I) don't want to hear your little two year-old child shriek loud enough to shatter ear drums, so please PLEASE find some way to not bring them in public with you.

... Reason #25 Havvie does not like having to go out in public. [/Havvierant]

PLEASE tell me this is a joke post.

Otherwise, it is a shame your parents didn't drown you in a bathtub so you couldn't inflict your horrid screeching and whining on others. Seriously.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2010, 04:51 »

Oh get fucking real. I am not talking about movie theaters and shit. That is obvious. The moron said, do not bring your infant into public. So maybe clarify? If my infant cries at the fucking park, the grocery or the post office I should muzzle it?

Restaurants? Sure if they are high class, otherwise, fucking deal with it. I am not going to shack my kid and deny it EXPOSURE TO THE REST OF HUMANITY AND THE WORLD because some people can't screw their fucking balls on and deal with the reality that is children.

You don't like kids? Go live on a fucking CF'er compound. There is nothing more natural than a crying baby. You were one once, get over it.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2010, 06:50 »

Oh get fucking real. I am not talking about movie theaters and shit. That is obvious.

Apparently it's not obvious, because that's pretty clearly what havvie was talking about.

The moron said, do not bring your infant into public. So maybe clarify? If my infant cries at the fucking park, the grocery or the post office I should muzzle it?

Restaurants? Sure if they are high class, otherwise, fucking deal with it. I am not going to shack my kid and deny it EXPOSURE TO THE REST OF HUMANITY AND THE WORLD because some people can't screw their fucking balls on and deal with the reality that is children.

Alternatively, if it's still an infant you keep it at home. It has nothing to do with "screwing their fucking balls on". It's about courtesy and respect. I have always found it interesting that people get irritated with someone walking around with a boombox on their shoulder in the park, grocery store, or post office, but a baby? "That's natural". "Just deal with it!"

*thumbs up* Your level of respect for fellow man is well noted, granted it was known before, but that's irrelevant.

You don't like kids? Go live on a fucking CF'er compound. There is nothing more natural than a crying baby. You were one once, get over it.

Yes, we were, and people were different then. They had respect for those around them and left the baby home if it wasn't old enough to control itself, and when it was old enough, it knew not to act out in public.

Sorry if you don't like it, but it has nothing to do with liking or disliking kids, it has to do with not wanting to listen to some little shit shrieking constantly. If I wanted that, I'd work in a day care, not be a a cinema, restaurant, or buying groceries.

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2010, 09:39 »

Thank you Lillith, I think I will go ahead and have another one, just to annoy people like you. Leave it at home. You have to be kidding in this day and age.

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #4 on: 01 Sep 2010, 10:20 »

Thank you Lillith, I think I will go ahead and have another one, just to annoy people like you. Leave it at home. You have to be kidding in this day and age.

What? I have to be kidding? High school and middle school girls all across the country are happy to watch your kid for you to earn $10-$15. What excuse is there to not leave your child home? If it's an incredibly young infant, it shouldn't be out and about in most cases anyway, it should be in a safe, protected location, such as the home.

This is about responsible adulthood and responsible parenting. It's actually somewhat distressing, I would say, that "scoring a personal win" is more valuable to you than your child's safety.

Humans could learn something from bears in this respect.

I don't see what the "this day and age" bullshit is all about. Nothing about the world is so dramatically different that hiring a babysitter to watch your kid when you opt to go to a restaurant or see a movie or pick up groceries is less viable than back in the 80s. . .

Edit: Fixed last sentence. It was broken.
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2010, 10:22 by Lillith Blackheart »

Boma Airaken

• Egger
« Reply #5 on: 01 Sep 2010, 12:09 »

What? I have to be kidding? High school and middle school girls all across the country are happy to watch your kid for you to earn $10-$15. What excuse is there to not leave your child home? If it's an incredibly young infant, it shouldn't be out and about in most cases anyway, it should be in a safe, protected location, such as the home.

This is about responsible adulthood and responsible parenting. It's actually somewhat distressing, I would say, that "scoring a personal win" is more valuable to you than your child's safety.

Humans could learn something from bears in this respect.

I don't see what the "this day and age" bullshit is all about. Nothing about the world is so dramatically different that hiring a babysitter to watch your kid when you opt to go to a restaurant or see a movie or pick up groceries is less viable than back in the 80s. . .

Edit: Fixed last sentence. It was broken.

Responsible parenting is NOT leaving your kid with a dumbass teenager, douchebag.