Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 1st Praetorian Guard is an Amarrian Imperial Navy-affiliated Special Operations unit? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Re: Question about IC/OOC did I cross line?  (Read 9142 times)

Jade Constantine

• Anarchist Adventurer
  • Omelette
  • Nothing ever burns down by itself
    • The Star Fraction Communications Portal
Re: Question about IC/OOC did I cross line?
« Reply #45 on: 02 Sep 2010, 09:28 »

The deepest of irony.

Go on, you've piqued my interest - what is the irony?

There are some arenas so corrupt that the only clean acts possible are nihilistic

Lillith Blackheart

• Pod Captain
« Reply #46 on: 02 Sep 2010, 09:36 »

It's steeped in irony due to statements that are fairly ironic from both sides. Half of it you would agree with, I am certain, the other half you would claim are personal attacks, so rather than bring the moderators down on both of us, I opted to just mention I find the trajectory of this thread to be horribly ironic in the hopes that both sides would take a moment to laugh at some of the statements (each likely laughing at the statements of the other side, but one can hope that people would learn to laugh at themselves) and hopefully the moment of brevity would diffuse the rising tension.

As I maintain that you would claim the comments of yours I find ironic to be personal attacks, even though they are not, and adamantly refute them, I do not wish to get into it, as the point of the comment was entirely brevity, not continued argument.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #47 on: 02 Sep 2010, 11:02 »

[mod] :ugh:[/mod]
\o/

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #48 on: 02 Sep 2010, 12:02 »

[mod]Some of the posts after the cut were fairly constructive, but it doesn't seem that a great deal was added to the discussion overall, so I went with the machete instead of the scalpel this time.
    • OOC threats, including veiled threats, will earn you a perma-ban.
    • Carrying on personal vendettas is against the rules
    • Arguing with someone OOC about their RP style is against the rules - if you think someone should do something differently, explain your way rather than tearing theirs down. Please remember that the player is not the character.
    • While it may simplify arguments, over-generalizations also tend to undermine them while being inflammatory. Don't do it.
    • Try to give people the benefit of the doubt. If they make a statement, don't accuse them of lying. Present your viewpoint, don't dictate what theirs should be. Remember that in RP, oftentimes characters do or believe things that the player certainly doesn't do or believe
    • If you report something, then responding to it is against the rules, at it would just be propagating what you have indicated (by reporting it) you see as a problem. If the moderators don't take action (indicating there isn't a breach of the guidelines), you can respond then. If you aren't sure whether the moderators have had time to address it or not, PM myself or another mod to find out.
    [/mod]
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2010, 13:19 by Silver Night »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]