Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The 'Heaven' constellation in Curse is the former location of the Third Jove Empire and the current headquarters of the vast Angel Cartel?

Author Topic: Calling All You Culinary Types!  (Read 1059 times)

Rova053

• Clonejack
Calling All You Culinary Types!
« on: 26 Aug 2011, 17:22 »

Got an idea for a series of "stories" based on the Iron Chef TV series.  Looking for interest in possibly taking on the roles of Iron Chefs:  Gallente, Minmatar, Caldari, and Amarr.

If you're interested in co-writing this, send me a message here, or Evemail Erik Leroux.

And in the words of the Chairman, "Ala Cuisine!"

Hamish Grayson

Re: Calling All You Culinary Types!
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2011, 21:24 »

Here is something I made in homage to Herko a few years ago, maybe it can help with your project.   I am working on a little something else for you too.

Krekaa

Krekaa is a uniquely Caldari drink that is made by the fermentation and then distillation of Kresh pomace; the discarded seeds, stalks, and stems of the kresh grape that are a by-product of the Hak’len winemaking process. Krekaa has been around since the Raata Eimpire.

Krekaa started as a by-product of the Hak’len winemaking trade, a rough drink made with what was available, potent enough to get the farmers through the cold winter months. It was good at warming you up, but at the time not particularly tasty.

After the Exodus from Caldari Prime, Caldari distillers sought to create a high quality drink to rival the famous Gallente brandies. They began producing Krekaa batches from a single type of grape as opposed to a mixture of whatever grape types were left over at the end of the season. Today you'll find Krekaa at higher-end Caldari restaurants and retailers.

The flavor of Krekaa, like that of Hak’len, depends on the type and quality of the Kresh grapes used as well as the specifics of the distillation process. It is potent and dry and occasionally, a producer will add a little syrup to sweeten the lot. Most Krekaa variations are not aged before bottling and thus are typically clear and colorless.

Traditionally, Krekaa is served chilled in small glasses and served after the meal, as the Caldari believe that it aids digestion. Correctly, Krekaa should be swirled gently in the glass and then brought to your nose, before tasting. It is then tasted in small sips.

---------------------------------
Suvala was a scrapped side project I was working on with another Caldari RPer.

« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2011, 21:41 by Hamish Grayson »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2011, 12:57 »

Is Krekka poisonous like Hak'len?

Verone

• Dirty Gurista Loyalist
  • Egger
  • :3
    • Veto Corp.Com
« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2011, 14:24 »

Rova053

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2011, 14:48 »

...I've been beaten to the punch.....:sadface:

Hamish Grayson

« Reply #5 on: 29 Aug 2011, 08:37 »

Yes, like Hak'len, it is poisonous to anyone not Civire or Deteis but it doesn't have the same ceremonial and religious associations as Hak'len.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #6 on: 29 Aug 2011, 08:52 »

Yes, like Hak'len, it is poisonous to anyone not Civire or Deteis but it doesn't have the same ceremonial and religious associations as Hak'len.

Ahh. I've had Katrina drinking tea with a drop of Hak'Len (like literally just a teaspoon or less) regularly. She's pureblood Deteis, thanks to the Tube Child program, so it's nothing dangerous for her. I might switch to your drink in her tea, instead of using Hak'Len.