Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That naturalist cafes on space stations go to great lengths to create the illusion that one is not in space? (The Burning Life, p. 62)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Regarding PvE Activities  (Read 7897 times)

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
Re: Regarding PvE Activities
« Reply #60 on: 07 Jan 2013, 22:23 »

assuming they want to treat Marauders like the glorified mission-boats they are and not the 'leet pvp boats' their descriptions try to push them as

Or they could push to make high-level missioning more "team focused" and make Marauders all about mutual support (whether for PvE or PvP)...

Maybe that is dangerous, but a few straightforward weaknesses/drawbacks (cap stability, sensor strength, signature radius).  The clear counter to the Marauders would be T2 Recons.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #61 on: 08 Jan 2013, 04:25 »

assuming they want to treat Marauders like the glorified mission-boats they are and not the 'leet pvp boats' their descriptions try to push them as

Or they could push to make high-level missioning more "team focused" and make Marauders all about mutual support (whether for PvE or PvP)...

Maybe that is dangerous, but a few straightforward weaknesses/drawbacks (cap stability, sensor strength, signature radius).  The clear counter to the Marauders would be T2 Recons.

Yes, without making them logis it would be quite cool to have group pve for once (high level, maybe L5 in high sec ?).

Though that would require intelligent design not to eventually see people pimping their ship to the point they could compensate the lack of teamates by officer shinies.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #62 on: 08 Jan 2013, 05:18 »

Plemty Neuting, tracking-disrupting, consentrating defender missiles on one target at a time, etc.

Basically, make doing it solo a near suicidal prospect, regardless of pimp-level on your boat.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #63 on: 08 Jan 2013, 08:58 »

Plemty Neuting, tracking-disrupting, consentrating defender missiles on one target at a time, etc.

Basically, make doing it solo a near suicidal prospect, regardless of pimp-level on your boat.

Which should be straight-forward in terms of mission design - build balanced NPC fleets with DPS, EW, and Logi!  Make the NPCs appear "smart."

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #64 on: 08 Jan 2013, 10:40 »

Which should be straight-forward in terms of mission design - build balanced NPC fleets with DPS, EW, and Logi!  Make the NPCs appear "smart."

I'm not sure CCP is willing to take such drastic steps against solo play.
« Last Edit: 08 Jan 2013, 12:56 by Katrina Oniseki »

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #65 on: 08 Jan 2013, 12:25 »

1: The factions can afford these losses, there is a whole lot going on in the universe that can't be seen by the players. (only thing that can explain the amounts of npc ships exploded by players)

cannot be reconciled with:

2: Capsuleers are the definitive power in modern space combat, what capsuleers do is vastly more important than anything any faction can do. (justifications for the empyrean war, nullsec capsuleer empires being of importance, etc)

The news stories about the militia occupying somewhere, e.g. the caldari occupying all of the contestable space leading to Foiritain's resignation etc., and other stories, create the idea that what capsuleers do is significantly relevant to the wider universe.
So then, given the level of warfare in places like Delve, or Fountain, why then, do the Blood Raiders and Serpentis still exist ? They'd surely have been wiped out by capsuleer efforts long ago, if capsuleers were powerful and relevant.

Since the Blood Raiders and Serpentis still exist and are powerful and relevant (evidenced by their live event things), then capsuleer efforts are irrelevant and insignificant to the factions as a whole.
So then, given that capsuleers are irrelevant, why then did the caldari militia occupation by capsuleer elements matter for the Federation elections ?
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #66 on: 08 Jan 2013, 13:48 »

Only speaking about hypothetical high tier missions for small groups of player, not the usual solo missions.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #67 on: 08 Jan 2013, 16:02 »

The two posts by CCP Eterne here: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2426134#post2426134

I think these are significant, when it comes to trying to think about the disparity between what you see ingame and what things say in the background.

\o/

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #68 on: 08 Jan 2013, 21:27 »

Only speaking about hypothetical high tier missions for small groups of player, not the usual solo missions.

There is nothing stopping players from taking on most current missions* as a group, other than it spreads the ISK around (but can generally be completed faster). 

*It has been forever since I actually ran missions.  I have lived in null for the past year managing industry stuff and before that focused on industry in low-sec.  Maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #69 on: 08 Jan 2013, 23:21 »

There is nothing stopping players from taking on most current missions* as a group, other than it spreads the ISK around (but can generally be completed faster). 

*It has been forever since I actually ran missions.  I have lived in null for the past year managing industry stuff and before that focused on industry in low-sec.  Maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

It's more efficient to have 1 person running their own missions and providing to a pool, than multiple people in the same mission. So, 5 people running level 4s separately would net more money than 5 people in the same mission. That is not group PVE.

Level 5s are perfect for group PVE in my experience, but due to their lowsec restricted nature it's content 90% of mission runners will not experience.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #70 on: 09 Jan 2013, 00:12 »

The fact that it becomes not financially sensible is what stops most people.

Mission payouts themselves are already abysmal in highsec compared to most other sources of income - which means the only actual pay is in bounties/tags and loot, and that usually isn't too amazing either. Standings get split horribad too ("equally") for everyone in the fleet whether or not they're actually in the mission.

Pretty much what Ghost said. The efficient (money-wise) way to do it doesn't really qualify as group PVE, and the only other options are L5s or Incursions.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #71 on: 16 Jan 2013, 03:35 »

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=2462718#post2462718

relevant? CCP considering reduction in npc numbers.
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #72 on: 16 Jan 2013, 03:59 »

\o/
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]