Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Author Topic: Urgent. Lets find the scammers  (Read 719 times)

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
Urgent. Lets find the scammers
« on: 29 Nov 2011, 12:10 »

For the past months, prehaps year, this scam has been taking place

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-416-823-6967

If anyone has the ability to skip trace lets see if our collective minds can work together to locate these vagrants. Looking for possible locations, if locations are found take a google map pic and post it. The numbers and locations seem to change from what I have read so lets see if a pattern or tracking system can be established. Go ahead and call that number some shifty fellows will answer, maybe pic up on the accent.

If you call, pretend you received the letter and are claiming the prize.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Urgent. Lets find the scammers
« Reply #1 on: 29 Nov 2011, 14:12 »

So if the first check is real, why can't you just deposit it and let it sit there for a few months, ignoring everything else?

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #2 on: 29 Nov 2011, 14:40 »

So if the first check is real, why can't you just deposit it and let it sit there for a few months, ignoring everything else?

Its real citibank cheque, but the account is funk, and thus the cheque will bounce or the bank will not release funds once they catch its a bogus cheque. Thing is, the culprits will have already snatched the money from the person cashing the cheque.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 01 Dec 2011, 15:13 »

I meant, if somebody sends me a check for three grand, I'd just deposit it and ignore everything else from them about 'taxes' and all that nonsense.