Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Ammatars regard themselves as the true rulers of the Minmatars? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Minmatar party 6-9-2012  (Read 5174 times)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: Minmatar party 6-9-2012
« Reply #15 on: 06 Jun 2012, 17:21 »

Never said he was going >_>

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 06 Jun 2012, 18:13 »

I have (through helpful feedback and suggestions!) a few ideas that I think will keep it fun.

Also, as far as mods, if hostile people want to come, it is on their head; the warning is quite clearly posted in the channel description of what will befall those who for one reason or another are unwelcome (within reason). Lyn Farel would politely, but forcefully, be asked to leave, and possibly sent on her way with a plate of food. Someone like Laerise, well... see Kala's comment above.

I am happy so many people responded and seem to be looking forward to it. Yes, the "devourer" ceremony was pretty closed, especially due to the simple fact that people who wanted to attend did not know how. Our channel is quite public, meaning that people who wish to attend need only join at the appointed time. Also, we will have activities for everyone, not simply "the players" like in the "Devourer" thing (which, I must state, wasnt my plan).

Thanks, Ava

Kaldor Mintat

• Egger
« Reply #17 on: 07 Jun 2012, 00:52 »

"ponders if he should reactivate his minnie fw alt for this or alternativly use Ali as a partycrasher...."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 07 Jun 2012, 04:16 »

Oh i see. People that are not even fighting the Minmatar are not allowed but some who do it zealously are. Will keep that for IC anyway. >.>

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #19 on: 07 Jun 2012, 05:37 »

Oh i see. People that are not even fighting the Minmatar are not allowed but some who do it zealously are. Will keep that for IC anyway. >.>

I think you misunderstand, Lyn.

It's a matter of individual character, at this point. In this case, people that can be trusted to show respect, not be disruptive and attend in sincerity will likely be permitted. People are known to cause trouble, are attending simply to cause problems or have a history of negative interactions with Ava and her corpmates aren't permitted.

In the case of the Knightood, for example, they may be "officially" enemies to the Minmatar, but they also fight with honor, respect their enemies and often work to promote some manner of peace between both nations. PIE on the other hand does none of these things. Therefore, the Knighthood is far more likely to be permitted than PIE, for instance.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #20 on: 07 Jun 2012, 06:13 »

Then it is not about enemies, but the very personnal IC tastes of the people organizing the event. And yet it was written "enemies".

As for the Knighthood, I do not know for the new one, but who do you think made half of the steps toward that respect and mutual appreciation with several Minmatar entities ? Who do you think was always admiring EM for example, often ICly, in the Keep ? Who has gone in an almost religious war against PIE Inc and Silas ? Who caused Aldrith the most trouble because she did not always agree with the more conventionnal views of Amarrians ? People have very short memory, and only see what they want to see. This here is a perfect example of this. And I can't help but feel another case of :gsf:. But maybe I am just getting paranoid and obsessed with GSFs.

I probably sound like I am butthurt not to have been invited and maybe I am, but all the reasons presented were poor excuses that had nothing to do with the matter at hand. People just had to say that she couldnt be invited because she causes trouble where she goes. That, at least, would have made sense. Anyway, that's something that belongs to IC debates or whatever.

I am just annoyed that Lyn (and thus me, the player) had to ignore Silas invitation for her event where it would have just been totally awkward/silly/absurd for her to come (and a big thanks to Silas again for taking the time to organize it and for the invitation), and then when there are events where I can actually find reasons to go, my character is barred from them for weird reasons maybe tied to hurt feelings. Call that jealousy if you want. I do not really care because this is probably what it is, especially since I do not think I deserve it. Usually I would have taken it like I always do, as an IC thing that is not right but actually creator of RP conflict and stuff. But here I just can't, I am burnt, fed up with a lot of things and Ava certainly does not deserves this. I am just angry at a community that always seem to think in the vein of "we are best buddies and fuck off loyalties and/or ideals" than the opposite.

My apologies for the drama, I am just having such a hard time to find suitable RP that it makes me bitter to a point that I am starting to feel the same thing that Kat feels where I am slowly being driven in a corner by my RP and I have no way out without sacrifying all the coherence that I have built behind my character over the years.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #21 on: 07 Jun 2012, 06:30 »

My apologies for the drama, I am just having such a hard time to find suitable RP that it makes me bitter to a point that I am starting to feel the same thing that Kat feels where I am slowly being driven in a corner by my RP and I have no way out without sacrifying all the coherence that I have built behind my character over the years.

Welcome to Eve RP, Lyn. If you don't play as someone without any decent principles, you will find yourself all alone.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #22 on: 07 Jun 2012, 06:31 »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Malcolm Khross

« Reply #23 on: 07 Jun 2012, 06:42 »

Mizhara,

I play a man with upstanding principles and he's far from all alone.

Lyn,

You're right, most of the debate belongs IC, where it originally started. Carry out your debate there, not here. The fact is that a lot of characters that are involved in this event don't like Lyn (Malcolm included) but the players do not necessarily have an issue with you as a player or your character. For example, I don't have an OOC issue with you at all, but Malcolm has very little patience for Lyn lately.

I'm sorry you're frustrated and feel like you're being excluded, but the exclusion is IC and the debate should be IC.

Rhiannon

• Wetgraver
« Reply #24 on: 07 Jun 2012, 08:36 »

The First Rule of RP is:

The IC/OOC Divide is Sacrosanct

The Second Rule of RP is:

The IC/OOC Divide is Sacrosanct

P.S. What does "GSF" stand for? Nevermind, I remembered :D
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2012, 08:58 by Indra Valadeus »

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #25 on: 07 Jun 2012, 09:01 »

Then it is not about enemies, but the very personnal IC tastes of the people organizing the event. And yet it was written "enemies".

Didn't you just threaten Ava's alliance mates on the IGS lately? (Serious question, because I'm just waking up and my memory may fail me before I've had my coffee.)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #26 on: 07 Jun 2012, 09:33 »

1. I was very shocked to see Lyn Farel  barred from the event, considering how Matari-friendly she is. Not sure the reasoning for that?

2. Sounds like a fun time, super good wishes and best of luck throwing this!

3. I'm available ooc for any behind-the-scenes logistics conversations/tips on setting this kind of thing up, running multiple channels, MOTDs, all that boring stuff that can break events if not planned.

4. I'd strongly suggest staying far away from dice roll style combat in a crowded RP channel.  The 'flow' gets broken easily unless you are in moderated mode, and you have to be super-coordinated in another channel so you aren't typing over each other, and walls of combat text can be difficult to read-through at a slow pace. 

5. I'd be interested in rolling a wallflower Matari alt to observe if that'd be ok. I'd let you know ahead of time and promise not to be intrusive or very interactive (not a fan of RP alts but would want to watch)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #27 on: 07 Jun 2012, 09:53 »

1. I was very shocked to see Lyn Farel  barred from the event, considering how Matari-friendly she is. Not sure the reasoning for that?

Probably for marking the alliance KOS. Just guessing.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #28 on: 07 Jun 2012, 10:52 »

The Knighthood is a lot bit different than what it used to be. Aldrith would appreciate the invitation, but refuse out of respect for all the other Minmatar who may be going and would not like an active Crusade pilot insulting them with his presence at a sacred cultural ritual. They would be completely justified in hating on him, just as Amarrians would be justified in not liking a Minmatar warroir 'obeserving' a baptism mass. Gestures of respect are a huge part of new KotMC now, in case you haven't noticed.  ;)
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2012, 10:59 by Aldrith Shutaq »

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 07 Jun 2012, 11:44 »

Frankly, I dont get the drama of "omg i cant attend such-and-such festival".

Two points, RP should be about portraying a character with coherent motivations, values, passions, and concerns.  "RP" is not, in fact, always just chatting in a chat channel at the latest social gathering.  Sometimes, not showing up at an event is much more "RPing" than attending.  Its playing a role, and sometimes playing that role consistently and realistically means that things will happen with you not being there.

But then people say, "but, wait, I want to go to the parties!"  Thats great.  Make an alt.  If you want "party RP", but feel "left out", then make an alt that isnt burdened by the kinds of loyalties and principles that keep him or her locked out of such-and-suchs really cool party. 

What people seem to want to do is have their cake and eat it too.  They want to declare loyalties and allegiances, then get upset when people actually react to them like their hold those views and associations.  They want to create a character with a living history in EVE, but then get upset when people hold them accountable for that history.  They want to claim to be loyal to a set of beliefs or a people, but then break bread with the people who are attacking those people for the sake of "well, without it, I get no RP"  No, you just might not get much RP with that character.  They, the player, actually can RP, they just want it on a very specific character, which is often an unrealistic request.
« Last Edit: 07 Jun 2012, 11:49 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4