Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that ectoplasm (pod goo) is illegal in all empire space except the Minmatar Republic?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Sansha threat  (Read 5640 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: The Sansha threat
« Reply #45 on: 03 Oct 2011, 11:34 »

There's been some recent drama over one of the main incursion FCs "going rogue" and popping Moms as soon as they show up, generally pissing everyone off. Has anyone heard if there's an IC motivation behind that or if it's just one guy being a dick?

I can assure you that was very much OOC drama. There was nothing roleplaying about it, though the thought may have crossed his mind as a 'lol' moment.

There definitely wasn't any RP motivation. I only ever see a tiny handful of RPers - in this case, people who consider themselves such; I'm not getting into the whole "EVERYTHING IN SPACE IS IC" argument here -  in the bigger x-up channels, so I'm not even sure the thought crossed his mind.

This was done purely as an "I'm bored, so I'm gonna go fuck with people" thing.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #46 on: 03 Oct 2011, 12:19 »

also: EvE is an MMORPG... why do so many people ignore those last 3 letters.  :bash:

I was pretty sure actually that CCP defined Eve as a MMO Game when it started. But I may be wrong.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #47 on: 03 Oct 2011, 12:25 »

TL:DR

imho, incursions are broken, and the sooner the sansha arc ends, the better for the game as a whole.

also: EvE is an MMORPG... why do so many people ignore those last 3 letters.  :bash:

As an RPer, I agree it has devalued the storyline due to stagnation.

As a player, I generally regard Incursions as a huge success for CCP. The only downside is the ISK ratio has eclipsed nearly every thing else for pick up play, and that could use some balancing. That issue is only particular to high sec, however.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Julianus Soter

• Pod Captain
« Reply #48 on: 04 Oct 2011, 04:23 »

Most eve players don't know what roleplaying is, and aren't aware it exists.

This fact has been true for the last decade, and it is true now, and it will be true in the future.

I started playing the game never having RP'ed before, and wasn't intending to RP in any way. Then, got looped into this corporation called "STRIX" that was "Supporting the Federation".

The rest is history. :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]