Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Vitoc is the antidote to a deadly toxin, not the poison itself?  For more information see Vitoc.

Author Topic: Greetings (officially) …*hides behind an Old Guard blockade*  (Read 2183 times)

Isis Dea

• Radical Sebiestor Rebel
  • Clonejack
  • 327th Wing [Jaijii-Hnolku] - STPRO, Caldari State
    • Isis Dea's Posts

So… the loud annoying attention whore makes her way to Backstage… finally?  :[

I likely deserve a icy reception for making it here, especially from the moderation team behind the The Summit. I'll own it; my character hasn't been very nice and she doesn't typically have an off switch.

I figured I'd give everyone a little more ammo by introducing a little bit about myself.

I started playing EVE early 2004 and never really stopped. Even during deployments (am RL military). I grew up in the blade-runner early grim era of EVE, when all you had was dark chronicles and the prospect of baseliner did not even exist.

Typically, in EVE, I'm an PvP FC and get hounded to this day that I need to go back to it, from dropping caps on gates, to running battle industrial/barge fleets (even before they buffed barges), I was that either retarded or insane FC people typically either loved/hated rather quickly. That voice in the corner at the alliance's table of FCs going, "Well, you know, you could do this…" -and would end up banned from talking for the rest of the evening. xD

Needless to say, I'm used to being put in my place, crashing and burning in more spectacular ways daily. Much of that occasionally carries over into my RP.

RP wise is a little more grim. While many people pick up a character who is an empowering alter-ego or fine extension of themselves… Isis really isn't. Isis is in many ways an opposite. Loud, vocal, emotional, and broken. She's witnessed things that I'm still coping with IRL where surviving really isn't much of a blessing. Her immortality let's her fast forward a bit to being in a debatably better place. She doesn't view herself broken. She tries to take these things and use them to empower herself in spite of what everyone would say. She does (as the mockery posts would suggest) hate everyone, for to do any less would be to invite how poorly she's founded and/or possibly insane. So she runs her mouth. A good offense instead of any defense and despite her chaos state, her roots, bloodline, and priorities let her be an incredibly interesting judge of character. She reads people and goes for the humanity within them full throttle, typically the evil side of their humanity.

In the past I've used other characters for RP. Only within this last year have I really been able to come to terms with Isis and really let her go. You could say I've internally wanted to white knight her past away using another character or friends but I've found the more I do that, the more that persona bites back seems to push me off. Isis is Isis, as young, dark, immature, loud or bold as she might be.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

So wait, you're not a Vea alt?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Well, I know you're not. Nevermind.

Anyways, hi! Watch out for Vincent. He hates people.

Isis Dea

• Clonejack
    • Isis Dea's Posts

So wait, you're not a Vea alt?

I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Well, I know you're not. Nevermind.

Anyways, hi! Watch out for Vincent. He hates people.

*imagines a little couple skipping down a path, Vincent and Isis, with bottles of haterade in their free hands, as Battlefield 4-like explosions light up the background and skyscrapers fall in their wake.*

It's a good day to be a hater?  8)

P.S. Who's Vea? Have heard that name mentioned twice my way.

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?

Nice to put a face to the mask, to coin a phrase.  Welcome aboard.  I for one have found Isis' antics intriguing, even if eyes have been rolled at times :P  I look forward to seeing more of you.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

Another fellow roleplayer who had a similar name, sortof.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

Famous for being loudly obnoxious and eternally annoying. Having read some of your posts, Isis(c) comes off similar to Vea(p).

And welcome. Don't let the cliques piss you off too much, we're all in one or another ;)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread

Welcome backstage, Isis.
-OOChé

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Anabella Rella

• Not angry, just passionate dammit!
  • Wetgraver

Welcome!

Provocative, edgy and dark is fine! Remember however that without at least an occasional  bit of light as a contrast darkness loses its meaning and becomes equally as boring as all goodness all the time. My advice: try not to be so horribly irritating that everyone ends up simply ignoring or blocking you. Other than that enjoy.

As to cliques; yeah they exist and they can be annoying if you let them. Just ignore them or hell, start your own.
I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey

Greetings and salutations. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

The Summit and Backstage aren't the same thing, by the way, though many people who frequent one frequent the other.
« Last Edit: 12 Nov 2013, 20:37 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Vincent Pryce

Isis Dea

• Clonejack
    • Isis Dea's Posts

Famous for being loudly obnoxious and eternally annoying. Having read some of your posts, Isis(c) comes off similar to Vea(p).

And welcome. Don't let the cliques piss you off too much, we're all in one or another ;)

Finally got someone to link her in-game.. We've been talking about Alizabeth!! O.O

In which case, I do know her, we're friends via Skype but I'd like to say I've been friends with her dom for longer (Bai'xao).

Laughably no, I'm not her alt. I find any moment she advocates Goons that she takes away much of the structure of her argument. The powers we answer to, should they be the four empires or pirate nations, do tend to loath or simply not care about null sec parties. Plus null sec parties tend to not care about any of the empires.

I've not seen the past arguments she's made so I won't begin to know what you've had to contend with. With me she's been more than fair and even kind but I've also not given her a lot of room or opportunity to RP yet.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire

I put up with her for six months. And then I stopped.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist

So… the loud annoying attention whore makes her way to Backstage… finally?  :[

I likely deserve a icy reception for making it here, especially from the moderation team behind the The Summit. I'll own it; my character hasn't been very nice and she doesn't typically have an off switch.

I figured I'd give everyone a little more ammo by introducing a little bit about myself.

From what little I have seen of you, (and it is extremely little tbh mostly due my inactivity) you seem to be an interesting persona who either entertain the people around you OOC, or annoy them OOC, regardless of how things go IC. Your entry above, to this tread, seem to confirm to me that you are aware of this. I wanted to let you know that I've seen several people like you over the years, and often enough they end up rubbing some people the wrong way. This may not be intended, and plenty others have no issue or enjoy their presence. Simply put though, if you want to dampen the "that person annoys me" factor cut down a little on the below:

RP wise is a little more grim. While many people pick up a character who is an empowering alter-ego or fine extension of themselves… Isis really isn't.

Any of the ways I read this have a hint of implied superiority in it, a negative connotation that YOUR toon is better and that anyone else that make an "extension of self" kind of character* is a lesser to your own work. That kind of implied arrogance can easily anger people unintentionally. I'm confident what you meant was to simply state that while this is very prevalent [toons inspired in any way by their IRL maker's own ideals/ways/etc] your toon is a construction of factors that hardly have anything to do with you or your personality. I don't think it was your intention to come of as superior or anything, but nevertheless I did feel a tad offended, just from reading your statement, as innocent as it was.

Now, having said all that though - welcome Backstage, and I hope you are enjoying yourself, even if I hardly think you need an introduction at this point :)

*That would be the majority. In order to have a solid basis to RP from hardly a single toon will have only foreign elements - there is almost always at least a hint of the actual personality behind the toon, as an "anchor" reference point. How much of an influence this is varies greatly - some toons are barely the IC versions of their OOC players, this has been done in countless games and won't stop anytime soon.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images