Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char once gave Kaleigh Doyle a lamb as a pet?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: New here!  (Read 1576 times)

Counciler

New here!
« on: 18 Jun 2011, 19:35 »

Hey everyone!

I have tended to read these forums after I first saw a thread here when looking for EVE art. I noticed that the people in this forum are actually friendly. After leaving the EVE-O Official Forums feeling sick from all the anger and 'bittervets' that post there.. I decided I'd try signing on to this forum and seeing what sorts of interesting discussions I can join and read.

I first heard about EVE around Revelations, but wasn't willing to pay for MMOs yet. I had some sort of personal grudge against paying for the same game again every month. I had never tried one and didn't understand how it can be worth it. At any rate, I saw EVE Online and mistook it for a single player game (with great excitement). After finding out it was another one of those 'darn MMORPGs', I forgot about it until years later with Trinity. I picked up a trial and played it, but was hopelessly lost. Another few years passed until after Dominion when I decided to throw some cash down for my first pay-to-play MMO. EVE was it.

I'm mostly a PvE carebear with teeth. I've been known to roam lowsec and fight in 0.0 from time to time with small gangs of pilots, but I enjoy the laid back atmosphere of missions. Mining isn't my cup of tea, though if CCP overhauls it.. I'll probably give that a shot too.

I'm an avid lore-junkie and love role playing. I haven't found a good group to RP with in a long time, not since my time playing Guild Wars. I know of several RP corporations, but don't really know which would be right for me.

Anywho.. enough blabbering. Hello, everyone!

:D

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: New here!
« Reply #1 on: 18 Jun 2011, 19:50 »

Welcome aboard! And yes, we tend towards friendliness here. In fact, if you'll tell us a little about what you seek in terms of RP, I'm sure somebody here will be happy to tell you all about their corp for low monthly payments of $19.95...

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #2 on: 18 Jun 2011, 20:21 »

Hello!
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Kaleigh Doyle

« Reply #3 on: 18 Jun 2011, 20:24 »

I recognize the face. Hello. :)

Counciler

« Reply #4 on: 18 Jun 2011, 20:52 »

I recognize the face. Hello. :)

You do? Is this a good or bad thing?

Welcome aboard! And yes, we tend towards friendliness here. In fact, if you'll tell us a little about what you seek in terms of RP, I'm sure somebody here will be happy to tell you all about their corp for low monthly payments of $19.95...

Hehe, well.. if I'm in the active market for an RP corporation, I'm sure I'll make a topic about it. It's more of a passive search right now to look for ones that might seem a good fit for me.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #5 on: 18 Jun 2011, 21:07 »

I like your portrait

hello
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #6 on: 18 Jun 2011, 21:24 »

Hey everyone!

I have tended to read these forums after I first saw a thread here when looking for EVE art. I noticed that the people in this forum are actually friendly. After leaving the EVE-O Official Forums feeling sick from all the anger and 'bittervets' that post there.. I decided I'd try signing on to this forum and seeing what sorts of interesting discussions I can join and read.

I first heard about EVE around Revelations, but wasn't willing to pay for MMOs yet. I had some sort of personal grudge against paying for the same game again every month. I had never tried one and didn't understand how it can be worth it. At any rate, I saw EVE Online and mistook it for a single player game (with great excitement). After finding out it was another one of those 'darn MMORPGs', I forgot about it until years later with Trinity. I picked up a trial and played it, but was hopelessly lost. Another few years passed until after Dominion when I decided to throw some cash down for my first pay-to-play MMO. EVE was it.

I'm mostly a PvE carebear with teeth. I've been known to roam lowsec and fight in 0.0 from time to time with small gangs of pilots, but I enjoy the laid back atmosphere of missions. Mining isn't my cup of tea, though if CCP overhauls it.. I'll probably give that a shot too.

I'm an avid lore-junkie and love role playing. I haven't found a good group to RP with in a long time, not since my time playing Guild Wars. I know of several RP corporations, but don't really know which would be right for me.

Anywho.. enough blabbering. Hello, everyone!

:D

I decided to delete that account and make this one. I notice many people are using their character names, and I'll do the same.
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2011, 21:26 by Katrina Oniseki »

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jun 2011, 22:18 »

Welcome!

<3 Cube Children.. err Tube! :cube:
« Last Edit: 18 Jun 2011, 22:20 by John Revenent »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #8 on: 18 Jun 2011, 22:55 »

*snoops John's in-game profile and corporate info*

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jun 2011, 03:21 »

Why herro there...

Pancakes, have some :3 Baked with fresh Angel Cartel Dust.  :yar:

Misha M Liena

• Clonejack
  • Not as innocent as i appear.
« Reply #10 on: 19 Jun 2011, 04:05 »

Welcome :) Be sure to ask Esna about his free guided tours in Amarr space.
            Misha

Tamur

• Clonejack
« Reply #11 on: 19 Jun 2011, 06:33 »

Welcome!

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #12 on: 19 Jun 2011, 06:54 »

It should be noted that instead of deleting the account and renaming you can generally poke your friendly admins and they can change the display name for you. ;)
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Sinjin Mokk

• Egger
  • One Kingdom, One King!
    • Dark Amarr
« Reply #13 on: 19 Jun 2011, 07:24 »

One of us...one of us...

Welcome!

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain