Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Author Topic: Possible looking for new Corp  (Read 2412 times)

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
  • Enlightening a Slave near you
Possible looking for new Corp
« on: 29 Jun 2012, 13:04 »

Hello fellow Backstage users (and Lurkers),

Some of you know me, many more don't. I will make this easy, I am looking into the possiblity of leaving the somewhat inactive industrial corp I am currently in. Now, being alone in the corp doesn't bother me really, I am looking at trying to get my character into RP again, and his current corp doesn't fit that too well (RP wise, it is run by a retired Caldari Military man).

With that, I come to you all to help me find answers. Kazuma is currently into Mining, hauling. but has the skill set to fly most Amarr hulled ships from Frig up to BS. I am not adverse to doing pvp, I just never seem to think I have the funds to be able to keep at it for any length of time, nor do I want to drop large sums of isk on losing ships while I learn the ropes (thus why I do mining and hauling). Plus I kinda suck at pvp.

RP wise, I want Kazuma to go the route of a preacher, or religious advisor, but I am also trying to hash out his exact religious views, while trying not to piss off the Theology council.

So now the issue in finding a corp, is that the active Amarr / Khanid RP corps all seem to be PVP related, and while I don't mind to hop in a cloaky frig and fly around during a war, I know my primary game style is to be in High-sec, mining and hauling. Thus in my mind doesn't sit well with the combat pvpers.

So tell me, what do you think I should do with Kazuma.....  :bash:
"White as the falling snow. Black as our Citadels burned against the sky."

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
Re: Possible looking for new Corp
« Reply #1 on: 29 Jun 2012, 13:17 »

Come back to the Knighthood Kazuma, much RP opportunity even off the battlefield for you. You can become the official chaplain again!

I direct you to here: http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=3124.0
« Last Edit: 29 Jun 2012, 13:26 by Aldrith Shutaq »

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #2 on: 29 Jun 2012, 13:54 »

I have looked at your recruitment posting, and just looked at it again, the the following 2 quotes might cause problems.

Quote from: Aldrith Shutaq
Though God and Glory will play a big part in it, the code will sincerely attempt to protect decent people (despite race and religion) and hinder the efforts of EVE's many 'bad guys'.

Quote from: Aldrith Shutaq
this judgment being based on how strong their personality is, how upright they are as people, and how well they fight in space. It will not be expressley based on race and religion, but being an Amarrian and believing in God will help a lot.

Now, while I know, as you said in "OOC" last night, and now this posting, that you want me in KotMC. If I was to join, I would primarily in high-sec, mining away like a fool, that might conflict with your desire to have a fighting force. Also, Kazuma RP wise, might have issues with individuals that don't follow the Amarrian God or aren't willing to convert and be enlightened. ((Granted I know I kind of thru that to the door with the current corp I am in, but I also kinda stopped RPing around the time i joined them also )).

"Faith gained through knowledge and knowledge gained through Faith. In service to God, do we find the answers"

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 29 Jun 2012, 21:41 »

Hm. Just an RP suggestion for that last bit about your current corp:

If you go all "Garr, argh" about being around unbelievers, people will call you on that. I certainly would.

"Weren't you in a corp with a bunch of Godless Caldari?"

So: best "hang a lampshade" on that and make it a major trait of your character rather than an aberration.

"Yes, I was! It was a horrid experience. I couldn't pass a colleague in the hall without feeling I'd been dipped in filth." Etc.

... Or maybe,

"I was. They seemed decent enough folk. I got to like, even respect their customs-- and I found myself beginning to wonder whether they might be ... correct. That perhaps God was just a ... a story, that I only believed what I was taught as a child.

"I began to question my faith, and it terrified me: the doors of heaven open but once, as they say. I fled rather than find myself turning away from the door; I admit that my faith may be weak, but I will not be denied heaven because of YOU!"

Vary as desired. ^_^

(That last is based on a roommate I had in college. Poor guy had been raised an evangelical Christian, and started reading the evil, pagan Dragonlance Chronicles in his teens-- and, horror of horrors, LIKED THEM.

It scared him so badly he wouldn't read anything but science texts, the Bible, and C.S. Lewis from then on.)
« Last Edit: 01 Jul 2012, 09:08 by Aria Jenneth »

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #4 on: 29 Jun 2012, 22:33 »

The story of your room-mate back in college is perhaps the saddest thing I've ever heard regarding a person's beliefs and their integrity.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #5 on: 30 Jun 2012, 06:07 »

Also, Kazuma RP wise, might have issues with individuals that don't follow the Amarrian God or aren't willing to convert and be enlightened. ((Granted I know I kind of thru that to the door with the current corp I am in, but I also kinda stopped RPing around the time i joined them also )).

How is that a problem ? That's what is the funniest no ? Creates a lot of internal RP. Well at least it is what happened for me with Lyn when I was in KotMC, but in the opposite way. Just ask Aldy how many debates they had on God (and especially the morality of righteousness and evil) and things like that. How he asked her almost desperatly to not post on the IGS and how she did not listen and was actually waiting for a formal interdiction that never came.

For your playstyle through, your concerns are legitimate to me. But somehow, you can always try and see if you are happy with it.

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #6 on: 30 Jun 2012, 13:55 »

@ Aria Jenneth - you bring up some good points, and I will take them into consideration. I was also thinking I could try to write a background story from the time Kazuma left KotMC till now. Might help me back a decision on him.

@ Lyn Farel - I don't think it would be a problem, if say I was given enough power in the corp to actually be able to RP the ability to get away with Crucifing and burning Corp mates who I feel are heretics.

Of course that leads me into a thought process where I could somehow see myself being able to get into an Amarr RP Korp that primarily PVP's and where I do industrial stuff that I like and generally avoid lowsec / nullsec unless in a cloaked hauler. Where Aldrith would let me back in as the Chaplian of the Corp, I could maybe fashion it into a Chaplin  / Commissar (from WH40K universe).

Backstory of a Commissar (taken from WH40K, motified quickly for Eve purposes) --

Commissars are invariably stern and uncompromising individuals, able to keep even the most anarchic regiments in line through fear, strength and power. Every regiment has one or more attached Commissars who remain with the regiment throughout its duties. They have authority over both the soldiers and regimental officers. Commissars have both the right and duty to immediately execute any Imperial soldier or officer who shows cowardice or incompetence in battle. They must also ensure the regiment does not harbor the likes of heretics, spies, or terrorists.

This could easily fit into the backstory of the Khanid, and works well with both the Cyber Knights and Zealots Ancestry for them.

Options, must make correct decision or make a RP mistake and be shunned

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #7 on: 30 Jun 2012, 21:12 »

Kaz, I too have been searching for an Amarr RP corp that wasn't primarily focused on PVP. Unable to find what I've been looking for, I've toyed with the idea of starting something up myself. Maybe contact me in game sometime and we'll see if we can figure something out?

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #8 on: 30 Jun 2012, 21:53 »

Kaz, I too have been searching for an Amarr RP corp that wasn't primarily focused on PVP. Unable to find what I've been looking for, I've toyed with the idea of starting something up myself. Maybe contact me in game sometime and we'll see if we can figure something out?

Super duper long evemail sent you. just before Esna poked me for some special blessings  :cube:

Mathra Hiede

• Omelette
« Reply #9 on: 01 Jul 2012, 00:19 »

:o

Do want moar awesum Amarr peeps!
I would invite you to look at my corp but I suspect that Kaz probably wouldn't be so much of a match for my corp as I am/it is

- Mostly AFK with uni
- Not really into the Faith very much, if at all

That being said, I hope you find a good place to call home :3

Innocence prooves nothing - Solen Sean

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 02 Jul 2012, 03:29 »

Amarr is certainly lacking in (active?) PvE oriented RP corps. I'm kind'a searching for one myself.

Kazuma Ry

• Cardinal Lieutenant
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jul 2012, 14:09 »

I have gone ahead and formed an Amarrian PVE RP corp. I will be making an official annoucement thread in the coming days. Thank you all for your input.

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
« Reply #12 on: 05 Jul 2012, 14:58 »

\o/