Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ladette Russeot is a Gallentean woman who in YC106, at age 17, hacked the code used by deadspace warp beacons that had been proclaimed unhackable just days before.

Author Topic: New 0.0 and Lowsec Music  (Read 2099 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
New 0.0 and Lowsec Music
« on: 08 Jan 2013, 16:07 »

As I am functionally unable to survive in either lowsec or nullsec with my latency issues, I've been unable to fly out there to enjoy the supposedly new music. I'm aware CCP has a new Soundcloud account up and they've uploaded some of their music. Since I also have data limits, I'm unable to be searching every renamed song to find out which ones I've heard before and which I haven't.

So, I ask this of the community... is anyone able to find this new dark and foreboding nullsec music there? If not there, where can it be found?

https://soundcloud.com/ccpgames/eve-online-retribution-2012

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: New 0.0 and Lowsec Music
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jan 2013, 23:48 »

I don't think it actually exists.

I mean by that, that from what the dev blogs have said, and having been out in Curse since then, it seems to just be randomly generated based on things like kills in the system and such. Sometimes its quiet and peaceful, sometimes its creepy, sometimes it sounds like whales mating. I don't think there's actual nullsec tracks, just procedurally generated sound.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jan 2013, 01:42 »

I mean by that, that from what the dev blogs have said, and having been out in Curse since then, it seems to just be randomly generated based on things like kills in the system and such. Sometimes its quiet and peaceful, sometimes its creepy, sometimes it sounds like whales mating. I don't think there's actual nullsec tracks, just procedurally generated sound.

Think you could record it for my listening pleasure sometime? ;-;

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jan 2013, 01:59 »

Think you could record it for my listening pleasure sometime? ;-;

I could try yeah. Dunno the next time I'll be out in Curse. If Anoikis got the same sound overhaul as nullsec I'll do it there. Also, I would need a program capable of performing said recording, if you could recommend one.

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jan 2013, 06:01 »

Try Fraps, it is what I use whenever I want to record. For free it records up to 30 seconds.  $15 gives you the full version with no limit to how long you record.

Hmm... I'll have to look around to see if I can find this new music of whales mating.  My corporation I am now with is in Curse, so I can pop in there and try to hear for it.  I am trying to see if I can find anything on youtube now as I you peaked my interest.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jan 2013, 09:27 »

The problem with Fraps is one, it isn't free, and two, its audio and video, and three its a processor and hard drive hog. My computer isn't that impressive.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #6 on: 09 Jan 2013, 09:57 »

http://forum.audacityteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4826 "How to record speaker output"

And yes, the "kludged it" ways are loopback cables (e.g. connect line out to mic in, record "microphone" signal) and/or connecting to an external recorder (wonder if my Walkman still works).

Edit: Also http://www.ehow.com/how_5710800_record-speaker-sounds-windows-7.html

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 09 Jan 2013, 11:55 »

So far as I can tell it is simply picking from a 'lowsec' playlist of existing jukebox songs. I haven't noticed anything different myself...

Wants old jukebox back.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #8 on: 09 Jan 2013, 13:51 »

Yeah it all sounded well and good on paper, with dramatic changes and an epic procedural music, and I havent noticed a lot difference either.

Maybe they are still in the process to make it fully functionnal... They also mentionned new weapon effects ? I haven't heard something very enormous either.

* Lyn Farel is quite disappointed.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #9 on: 09 Jan 2013, 14:59 »

Yeah it all sounded well and good on paper, with dramatic changes and an epic procedural music, and I havent noticed a lot difference either.

Maybe they are still in the process to make it fully functionnal... They also mentionned new weapon effects ? I haven't heard something very enormous either.

* Lyn Farel is quite disappointed.

Lasers and railguns definitely have very new sound effects. I wouldn't call them impressive - and in the case of Tachyons would in fact say it would make a strapon go flaccid. :|

EDIT: That's not to say they're bad. They're decent - more scifi pew pew pew than they used to be (think the sounds during the big battle at the end of Mass Effect 3) - but they don't really give a sense of power behind them, particularly weapons like 425mm railguns, megapulses or tachs.
« Last Edit: 09 Jan 2013, 15:24 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 10 Jan 2013, 02:45 »

I might be imagining, but I think I noticed some kind of a small change in my dear 250mm railguns going from plain "pew" to have bit more of weight in the sound?

Admitted, when playing with the view zoomed out, the traditional "EVE has sound?" question is still somewhat valid. Though there's a lot more sound cues, like timers starting/ending.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 10 Jan 2013, 06:04 »

Yeah, some little changes noticeable, nothing more though.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jan 2013, 10:18 »

Lowsec sounds like Silent Hill, nulsec sounds like random ambience. Lowsec is actually more omious and darker than the nulsec.

Kentt

• Clonejack
  • "Who Dares Wins"
« Reply #13 on: 22 Jan 2013, 16:38 »

Was in nullsec on my alt yesterday and decided to turn on the music.  After listening, it does sound darker... I miss the old jukebox but wow... I have never really sat back and listened to this music (even though it is just ambient).  I frapped it and I crashed in the end.  I'll have to youtube it later today.

Edit: You talking about this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6l8wy7Bjs8
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2013, 06:56 by Kentt »