Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there was a total information blockade during the Caldari occupation of Placid, only lifted when the Caldari Navy in the area was destroyed or driven out?

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: The Aegis Militia - Phase 4  (Read 3649 times)

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
The Aegis Militia - Phase 4
« on: 27 Sep 2012, 00:53 »

AEGIS MILITIA - An absurdly brief history

Phase 1 - Always Crazy, all the time.

AM started in response to something, two things, really. The first was the Matari RP corps forming into Alliances with the full capabilities of 0.0 groups. CVA was formalized and began similar growth, but would only allow Amarr characters.

My corp, The Aeternus Crusade (extremely liberal, Kor-Azor leaning), and Ubiqa Seraph (hardcore Sarumite conservatives), joined together in one of the first official Alliances. We would allow all Amarr aligned groups, be they loyal to one house, or one region or another. Within what was a busy week, we were involved in two 'events'...
- The GHSC Heist, which crippled the executor Ubiqa's, at least in the Blueprints side of things.
- The go-ahead to 'seige the blooders' in the Bleak Lands anyways, an IGS post, that few were paying any real attention to at the time, which led strangely to the 'awakening' of the NPCs there, The Blood Wars, and the reshaping of the EVE map, the closest CCP has ever gotten to trying to realize the potential of the game, I think...

From there, for years in a row, we brought on other corporations and fought the Minnies, and anyone else. Usually all at the same time. Events and stuff all happened, some good, some bad. People got screwed. Many many infiltration attempts were halted. Executor got caught cheating at events. I mean, fuck!

Phase 2 - Sucked.
The death of Mirial, at the hands of Imperial Dreadnoughts, pretty much brought an end to AM as we knew it (and, CCPs willingness to ever try anything cool again), and I was left with the remains. Eventually we slummed out with CVA in Providence. I gave the Alliance to Yoshito Sanders, who had a knack for building on a large scale. He set about building a fortress in nullsec.

Phase 3 - Building shit - which is now on fire.

AM under Yoshi operated on the ass end of Providence 'protection', and was the first line when big attacks came. For years this pocket thrived anyways...until the Horde of the South wiped it, and all of Amarrian Providence, off the map in one massive strike.

Phase 4

Through skullduggery and rumored no-goodings, I have managed to re-aquire the rights to AM. I intend to restore it to something of it's original strength.
What is AM now?

Simply put, we have always been attached to the fate of the Bleak Lands, and as such, in some way, the Militia.

Any Amarr-loyal corp wanting to base out of the Bleaks can be apart. We are a private fleet meant mainly to protect the interests of these worlds.

We aim to be a home for Amarr RPer corporations in the Militia. That is all. When things get crazy on the FW front again in the future, I want new people ready to take part, to be on the tip of Amarrian resurgence.

Got a cool RP idea for a corp? Join up. We don't demand much of anything of member corps, we just help each other fight out there. That's all there is to it.

In the Winter, things may change.   :psyccp:  The FW switch may make it fun to keep doing this in lowsec. Maybe the content team will get on the ball and engage us all in some way. Who knows. If that happens, I want two things:
- A group in the militia who can be approached by NPC groups wanting to interface with the Militia (Heer be the RPers, devs!)
- A good way to find fleets with fellow RPers, because we PeeVeePee best.

(I mean we collectively. I'm terrible.)
« Last Edit: 27 Sep 2012, 01:01 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

Re: The Aegis Militia - Phase 4
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2012, 03:30 »

I have always had a weak spot for my first alliance, full of nice people. Them and CVA taught me a lot back in 2007.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2012, 04:19 »

+1 !

Desiderya

« Reply #3 on: 27 Sep 2012, 05:06 »

+1
Best of luck on the amarrian side of things!

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2012, 05:25 »

I am very excited by ideas like fighting and dying for the Empire. The stuff like "For the Empress!" really turns me on  :oops:

Unfortunately, it was quite uneasy for my other characters to try it, it was embarrassing and my actions were constrained by course I set earlier.

I am really thinking about rolling me a complete Amarr character, 100% crazy zealot fighter, maybe like Vaari, but even crazier, much more offensive and bloodthirsty, not noble, but eager to crack skulls of heathens  :twisted:

My previous experience showed I can easily accept slavery concepts. The problem comes from the Amarr religion, because I look at it from scientist's point of view, it is like a trigger, that clicks in your head and refuses to go further. To try to overcome it, I am going to try some experiments with religion on my existing characters. And if it won't be a complete clusterfuck and won't cause huge shitstorms from amarrian part of population, I'll roll myself Amarrian alt.

And maybe give him or her to your corp.
And then we could fight together once again.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2012, 07:47 »

That space is not on fire! (for the moment)

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #6 on: 27 Sep 2012, 10:16 »

That space is not on fire! (for the moment)

Well Father Abel dropped a cigarr in my Garden  :evil: so atleast a part of 3kb station was on fire.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 27 Sep 2012, 11:41 »

My previous experience showed I can easily accept slavery concepts. The problem comes from the Amarr religion, because I look at it from scientist's point of view, it is like a trigger, that clicks in your head and refuses to go further. To try to overcome it, I am going to try some experiments with religion on my existing characters. And if it won't be a complete clusterfuck and won't cause huge shitstorms from amarrian part of population, I'll roll myself Amarrian alt.

The Amarr religion has plenty of room for rational scientific thinking me thinks.

However, playing a zealot might make it a little harder that way... Maybe less with a pragmatic cyberknight though.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #8 on: 27 Sep 2012, 15:00 »

The Amarr religion has plenty of room for rational scientific thinking me thinks.
From my point of view, any religion is quite sensitive and controversial topic. It is made mostly of feeling of the followers, and then you are coming to them with your ideas, with your world view. Will it be a friendly conversation, or they will show their spikes? We will see, if my rational thinking can live together with something sacred and dogmatic.

However, playing a zealot might make it a little harder that way... Maybe less with a pragmatic cyberknight though.
I need to think about it. But Im afraid, that becoming something idealistic and noble isn't the reason why I would like to try Amarr :roll:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 27 Sep 2012, 16:33 »

From my point of view, any religion is quite sensitive and controversial topic. It is made mostly of feeling of the followers, and then you are coming to them with your ideas, with your world view. Will it be a friendly conversation, or they will show their spikes? We will see, if my rational thinking can live together with something sacred and dogmatic.

From my experience it has always been spikes rather than flowers indeed. Except from liberals, characters like Ashar.

But more generally Amarrians have scientists too. I am not sure they all think like obscurantist monks/inquisitors when inventing new tech, and I am sure their views on God involve something different from the usual supernatural fatherly being.

But I think we are going off topic.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
« Reply #10 on: 28 Sep 2012, 00:08 »

Yup, lets cut this deviation and see how it will go :)
And wish luck to Graelyn.
Man, I might bump into your corp someday   :cube:
And for now, some epic music for you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o65GSQPRhhw

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #11 on: 28 Sep 2012, 02:03 »

8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

NISYN Aelisha

« Reply #12 on: 28 Sep 2012, 03:47 »

Good to see an active amarrian corporation joining the good fight.  Hopefully with 'Winter Coming'(tm) we should see some interesting shifts in both warzones, and much more reason to operate collaboratively on matters of importance (such as capping critical systems when a stalemate has wound on for weeks). 

Looking forwards to potentially flying alongside you in the future with Statebros.

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 28 Sep 2012, 19:18 »

I shall dispatch my saboteurs and terror agents diplomats immediately!

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #14 on: 29 Sep 2012, 02:53 »

Good luck Graelyn, I hope this works out great.

Hell, if I were around and playing I'd be hard-pressed to not pursue a join option with Jesmine. ;)
Pages: [1] 2