Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Evanda Char's voluval mark is the "Track of the Wolf"?

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Aegis Militia - Phase 4  (Read 3646 times)

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: The Aegis Militia - Phase 4
« Reply #15 on: 29 Sep 2012, 04:13 »

Raise the flag time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5-b9TioIto

Good luck with this, and try not to collapse until after I get back! I want to shoot at you a bit >.>

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 29 Sep 2012, 14:14 »

So I guess I resubbed last night. I guess I could do stuff? But...

THING IS... I was planning to actually go back to PIE and rule the world with Mitty...

Now I have choices.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #17 on: 29 Sep 2012, 19:02 »

PIE should join AM then.  :yar:

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #18 on: 30 Sep 2012, 18:23 »

Well, honestly, no...you two could totally make PIE matter again, and you should do that.

I'd been intending to sort of shore up forces until the next next FW fix (forrealzthistimeWEMEANIT), but...

1. Current odds on CCP not fucking this up a fourth (fifth?) time are in the single digit range.
2. You can't 'shore up forces' in EVE, you must keep pilots active or they move on to find places that are.
3. I've spent 9+ years 'investing' in EVE's development, and I'm convinced that CCP believes EVE (the PC MMO) at this point to be more or less 'complete'. Heh. Heeeheeh....Hooo....

I really do appreciate a lot of the encouragement many around the RP community have been sending my way with the AM initiative. Still, for the couple weeks, I've yet to speak to anyone in EVE that can deny any of the above points; even the usual die-hard hope-givers have gone silent of late, and I was one of them at one point.

As such, I'll be shutting AM down. Total Amarr RPer numbers are getting close enough to where I can count them on my fingers, so I think I've held out about as long as I could.

We give him a hard time, but TonyG got one thing right; in his final address, he noted EVE's plot and setting, and the way those things could integrate with the game, it's Scope, and it's complexity, were "—hands down the most underutilized force in EVE....story is so deep and offers so much to science fiction fans that it has every potential to reach those heights. It could take years, decades, or longer. But the fact remains that it’s possible. I can’t speak for anyone else, but I know that’s kept me inspired since 2003."

I will try to keep being inspired.
I will continue to wait for EVE to utilize some of this strength, to have some testicles again.
I cannot continue to pay for the privilege.
« Last Edit: 30 Sep 2012, 19:01 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Saikoyu

• Omelette
« Reply #19 on: 01 Oct 2012, 11:18 »

Well, I'm sorry that it didn't work out for you, though if FW does change for the better, maybe you can start it back up again.  I hope you're not leaving EvE, though I would understand, its just slightly confusing with what you said. 

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #20 on: 04 Oct 2012, 14:59 »

2. You can't 'shore up forces' in EVE, you must keep pilots active or they move on to find places that are.
This!

IMHO eve needs now good Amarr players as never before. Current amarr situation is very bad. We really need good, strong, charismatic amarrians, with as minimal liberal ideals as possible, ready to lead and teach.
Inspire peoples around you, and you will find yourself inspired too.
Best way to keep people inspired and active, is to become FC, and militia chat is a very good pool of peoples. Majority of peoples in militia don't go around, because there are no (good) FCs, and even crazyhead peoples like me, who just fly around to shoot something and die horribly death, would like to see good FC and join up.

So, my advice is: become a militia FC.
Teach people to PvP.
Teach them to RP.
And you will pretty soon have enough people around you to put Minmatar coalition on its knees.
Conquer and enslave!
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2012, 15:05 by Lithium Flower »

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #21 on: 04 Oct 2012, 15:00 »

Graelyn is about as Liberal as its possible to be, iirc.
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #22 on: 04 Oct 2012, 15:06 »

In that case, WTS cheap: brutalizer pills and evilifying mixture!  :P

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 05 Oct 2012, 05:59 »

What?

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 08 Oct 2012, 09:09 »

I will continue to wait for EVE to utilize some of this strength, to have some testicles again.

This, pretty much. My wallet appreciates the fact that I am no longer spending money on a game I hadn't enjoyed playing in months. It was just an expensive chat interface, and while I miss chatting with many of you, I lack the assets to do it via plex and don't really have the RL iskies to spend.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 08 Oct 2012, 11:19 »

Don't leave Graelyn!

We needs you.

You remaining Amarr RPers might consider more 'circling the wagon' and joining something like PIE or working closer together.

Facwar is a burning sinking ship of RP fail, please please do your own things and grow your corps elsewhere.

You can't make any progress with the current setup, as powers greater than any small RP group conspire to tilt the field in a particular direction.   

Go be anti-pirate in lowsec, go wardec highsec matari corps, just stay out of facwar.

Graanvlokkie

« Reply #26 on: 10 Oct 2012, 13:37 »

... go wardec highsec matari corps ...

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: 10 Oct 2012, 15:46 »

This, pretty much. My wallet appreciates the fact that I am no longer spending money on a game I hadn't enjoyed playing in months. It was just an expensive chat interface, and while I miss chatting with many of you, I lack the assets to do it via plex and don't really have the RL iskies to spend.

This indeed. My wallet appreciates my absence as well as EVE was turning into a pretty expensive and/or time-comsuming chat-client. I've been around long enough to see Amarr-RP ebb and flow, but now with seeing it shrinking into near-nothingness motivation to actually play (and pay for) EVE did as well.

Good luck Graelyn. Maybe there will be changes in the future that will let us see a resurgence in Amarr-RP.

Until then!
Pages: 1 [2]