Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Saxon Hawke has the inscription "A man travels the universe in search of what he needs and returns home to find it." added near the entry port of every ship he purchases?

Author Topic: Provocative?  (Read 1032 times)

Garret Solus

• High Captain
  • Clonejack
  • " - you say something? 'Cause I wasn't listening."
Provocative?
« on: 08 Sep 2017, 14:38 »

Looking for a little input on a picture specifically tailored to my IC main... Yes? No? Why? Why not? I haven't decided on an RP route yet, but I am looking at being a strong contributor to Prime Fiction. (( a bit new, and apologies if this was not the correct convo to drop in. Also, yes, I did make these ugly atrocities...))

:|

Image One >>>   http://imgur.com/w68MTtf
Image Two >>>   http://imgur.com/AXFZLbg

Lasairiona

• Red
  • Omelette
Re: Provocative?
« Reply #1 on: 09 Sep 2017, 03:02 »

I'm not keen on either, but as an author, I'm a bit of a book cover snob :-P Out of the two, I'd be partial to the first one.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #2 on: 09 Sep 2017, 11:20 »

Agreed with Laisa for what it's worth but the second could hint at a jekyl and hyde situation, or a dark  inner self?

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #3 on: 09 Sep 2017, 12:21 »

Of course I'm listening to Marilyn Manson as I read this.

I would go with #2 but with a bit more color. I'm thinking red. It needs more work anyway.
-OOChé

Garret Solus

• High Captain
  • Clonejack
  • " - you say something? 'Cause I wasn't listening."
Thanks!
« Reply #4 on: 09 Sep 2017, 13:58 »

Thank you! Appreciate the input! And as an (fledgling) author, I am usually more about the words than the pictures (and since there are not enough words for the story as of yet, that will have to wait.  ;) ) As far as being a professional digital artist or author, these things I am NOT. But they are both hobbies I hope to get better at in the future. I will work on this Cover Page while I am writing the PF. I'll continue to post the fixes here as well as a link to the story once it is finished. Again, thank you for the input! I look forward to trying to be an active member here. Been years since  I have had the time to do any RP/story stuff, so I am kind of pumped. Hope you have a great day.