Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You could create 5,000+ AU Deepsafe spots from the galaxy map before it was removed?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: So, CCP Dropbear appears to have dropped a hint...  (Read 18886 times)

Casiella

• Demigod
  • Creation is so precious, and greed so destructive.
Re: So, CCP Dropbear appears to have dropped a hint...
« Reply #60 on: 31 Mar 2011, 06:52 »

I'm just glad you laid your cards on the table (though I'd read between the lines on the SoCT/SoE stuff earlier). :)

Amann Karris

« Reply #61 on: 31 Mar 2011, 08:03 »

I'm just glad you laid your cards on the table (though I'd read between the lines on the SoCT/SoE stuff earlier). :)
A lot of it is fairly obvious, but you really have to know what to look for.  The SOE/SOCT thing is pretty much all through the chronicles.  Jamyl's Superweapon is pretty much the key to understanding what's going on with the Wormholes and the EVE Gate, and I didn't really understand why until I took a good look at the Sleeper and Talocan sites.

The only real question I have is if the Deadspace pockets are a consequence, or the cause...  :ugh:  I have a feeling more pieces will fall into place if I can deduce that sequence.

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
  • May have skimmed the Book of Emptiness
« Reply #62 on: 31 Mar 2011, 13:02 »

I gave my theory on the entire Jove/Capsuleer arc in a couple of sentences. I understand that these other ideas may not be as simple, but I wish they could be condensed somewhat. Reading for 20 minutes about something that may be a worthless theory would be tiring, and I preemptively avoid it nowadays (*bittervet*).

I share your point of view and I'm well aware my own work needs to be condensed for general consumtion but for now that would be a wasted effort as I'm still collecting data, making connections, and gathering contributions (along with having the hungrier section of the community do an idiot check on my ideas).

Quote from: Amann Karris
Details

Nice set of connections. As mentioned the SCT vs SoE stuff is probably common knowledge already but you bring it back into focus. You might also want to note (or remind people while explaining your ideas) the many other Rogue Drone connections to the Jovians such as their constructing Jovian stations and using holographic representations of Jove to communicate and others.

Amann Karris

« Reply #63 on: 03 Apr 2011, 02:19 »

By the way, does anyone know the name of Otro Gariushi's father?  Just curious.

EDIT:  Also, I know who The Broker is.

EDIT 2:  Roden.
« Last Edit: 03 Apr 2011, 07:51 by Amann Karris »

Amann Karris

« Reply #64 on: 03 Apr 2011, 07:50 »

Details

Nice set of connections. As mentioned the SCT vs SoE stuff is probably common knowledge already but you bring it back into focus. You might also want to note (or remind people while explaining your ideas) the many other Rogue Drone connections to the Jovians such as their constructing Jovian stations and using holographic representations of Jove to communicate and others.

Well now, I have to come clean on something.  I have debated and fought and pondered about whether or not I wanted to lay it all on the line.  In my previous posts, I've omitted a very important piece of evidence, in the hopes that others would mention it, and possibly point out the only logical conclusion.  So, here it goes: 

There is no link between the Jove and the Rogue Drones, at least not directly.

Now, let's look at something for a moment.  There is one group of individuals, not necessarily Jove, that have shown an understanding of Rogue Drones.  These individuals have links to a certain pirate group that a certain deceased Megacorp CEO was formerly a part of.  Further, he used non-rogue versions of said drones in order to synthesize a cure for a certain disease.

Yes, I am talking about the Society of Conscious Thought.  Now, I know what you're thinking; they're Jovian!  I would actually beg to differ.  The Jove are still suffering from the Jovian Disease.  The Jove also have strict non-interference laws; would the one group that is highly connected to other humans in New Eden be exempt?  I would think not; they would most likely be limited to available technology.  Which is why this theory makes the most sense.  Available technology.

In their remote abodes the Society has built up mini-societies emphasizing self-sufficiency; a trait strong among the Jovians. These sprawling places, often resembling huge fortresses, house everything from living quarters and food-growing facilities to laboratories and libraries. Each enclave, called a kitz, is a separate entity, but communication between kitzes is frequent.

and

Each kitz maintains a school for educating their members in the scholarly or scientific fields.

A.  W-space is far from human habitation.
B.  The nomenclature is based around a "fortress" theme.
C.  There are laboratories and libraries.
D.  There are living areas.
E.  There's even mention of classrooms.

Need I go on?

So, we have the final piece that really puts everything into focus.  It explains a need for a quarantine, a meaning for evacuation sites and everything included in that, and both Talocan and Sleeper sites fitting the pattern.  It explains the discussion at the end of Anoikis.

On the Talocan:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talos  In the Cretan dialect, Talos meant "The Sun".  Talocan sites have "Polestars".  The Talocan were migratory.

What does it all mean?

Think of this in context of my previous posts.  What is the Society interested in?

hellgremlin

• Pathological liar, do not believe
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #65 on: 03 Apr 2011, 10:05 »

This thread is awesome.

Mithfindel

• (a.k.a. Axel Kurki)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #66 on: 03 Apr 2011, 13:14 »

Now, I have kept only glancing at this thread, but Otro Gariushi's father appears briefly in Ruthless. His name is Vilamo Gariushi, and he's a pusher for the Guristas after he was laid off by the then-rather-Practical Ishukone in Drenali system (C8-CHY, in Fade - and most surprisingly, planet seven is an ice planet, just like it is in Ruthless).

[spoiler]And yes, the AI guarding the Insorum factory in UBX-CC is named VILAMO.[/spoiler]

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #67 on: 04 Apr 2011, 08:01 »

More stuffs.

I've always made a point of stating Jovian rather than Jovian Directorate or SCT. The Sleeper/Society connections are evident but you've gotten me looking at the classrooms and displays in a new light.

Why don't you lay your cards on the table as the rest of us have?

[EDIT: Spelling]
« Last Edit: 04 Apr 2011, 10:27 by Kaito Haakkainen »

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Bastet's Organization of Mining
« Reply #68 on: 04 Apr 2011, 11:12 »

Right so if the SoCT have partial Control over the Rogue Drones (and this does make sense becasue someone with alot of high level access to the stargate system had to over ride some of the gates just before the drone regions opened, Read the docs for it) Is this them attempting to Build a working model to help understand the sleepers so that they can in turn control them?  Is the Talocan tech really that important?

I think there is still alot of this puzzle we don't have matched up yet.

Amann Karris

« Reply #69 on: 04 Apr 2011, 18:59 »

Why don't you lay your cards on the table as the rest of us have?
That is exactly what I am attempting to do, but perhaps I need to slow down a bit more.

Right so if the SoCT have partial Control over the Rogue Drones (and this does make sense becasue someone with alot of high level access to the stargate system had to over ride some of the gates just before the drone regions opened, Read the docs for it) Is this them attempting to Build a working model to help understand the sleepers so that they can in turn control them?
I think maybe I'm getting ahead of myself in this whole... whatever this thing I'm doing is.  You have to understand, I'm kind of a hoarder.  I hoard information.  I love it.  It's my pleasure.  I love seeing patterns, but translating the patterns I see into coherent thoughts that others can understand isn't something I usually even attempt.

You see, my mind works really oddly.  That's not always a good thing, like for instance right now.

Is the Talocan tech really that important?
By itself?  Of course not.  Taken together with the Sleeper tech?  Of course it is.

Now, to show my work (always had a problem with that in school. :P)
Archive Enclave: Directory
1.1-3.3 Digital Backup Library
3.4-3.5 Terran Artifacts
4.1 Theories of the EVE Gate
5.1 Talocan Technology
6.1-6.9 Emergent Ideologies
Libraries.

Communications Enclave: Directory
1.0 - 5.1 Microvirtual Transmission Sensors
5.2 - 5.5 Sensor Backup Systems
6.0 Operation Servers
7.0 Proliferation News Network Studios
8.0 Detransmission Clusters
Means of keeping in contact with other kitz.

Medical Enclave: Directory
1.0 Emergency
2.0-2.8 Triage
2.9 Stasis
3.0 Quarantine Sector A
4.0 Quarantine Sector B
5.0-9.2 Quarantine Sector C
9.3 Quarantine Sector X
If this is a Jove kitz, then quarantining sufferers of the Jovian Disease would be necessary.

Oruze Enclave: Directory
1.0 Solar Engineering
1.1 Photoelectrical Engineering
1.2 Thermovoltaics
1.3 Residential
1.4 Residential
Housing.

Research Enclave – Biogenetics: Directory
1.0-3.2 Animal Cryogenetic Research Laboratories
3.3-3.8 Holding Pens
4.0-6.0 De-animation Genealogy Research Library
7.0-8.0 Student Classrooms
9.0 Human Cryogenetic Applications

Research Enclave – Theoretical Genetics: Directory
1.0 Interdigital Neural Activity Laboratories
2.0 Multiple-Ancestry Research
3.0 Statistical Proliferation Archive
4.0 Datagenesis Procedures
5.0- 8.0 Backup Servers
9.0 Mixed Intelligence Displays

Research Enclave – Virtual Genetics: Directory
1.0 Neurodegenerative Case Studies
2.0 Non-natural Teleology
3.0-4.7 Test Clinics
4.8 Bioinformatics Archive
4.9 Virtual Mutation
5.0-9.8 Emergent Systems Design Laboratories
Laboratories and Classrooms

Security Enclave: Directory
1.0 Virtual Kinetic Research
2.0 Artificial Intelligence Perpetuation Technology
3.0-5.0 Interstellar Surveillance Task Force
6.0 Anti-Thermocryogenesis Research and Implementation
7.0 Modulation Navigation Network
This one is also informative.  Giggity!  Hah, seriously though, transportation and security.

In short, everything you'd need to be self-sufficient in Sleeper space.  It fits the pattern of a kitz.  The Society has proven that they are interested in Terran artifacts, have extensive knowledge of AI and their ex-members show a grasp of clandestine operations.

DrizzCat

• Amarrian Loyalist
  • Wetgraver
    • Bastet's Organization of Mining
« Reply #70 on: 04 Apr 2011, 19:21 »

so a Previous Incarnation of the SoCT = Sleepers?

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #71 on: 05 Apr 2011, 04:37 »

If the SCT have been controlling the drones then why did the Blood Raiders need to apply an SCT hack to subvert them. Further the drones enslaved by this promptly committed suicide so the SCT which to me explains why the SCT wouldn't have employed the technique en-mass. Lastly if they had control of the drones why were they interested in obtaining Jamyl's superweapon which is already parked at one of "their" facilities.

Then we have w-space being intended for later SCT use. Why the drones there stated to be protecting Sleeper information, even hinted to be present inside the structures, the intent seems to be to keep others from learning about something the Sleepers, and the Directorate today,believe should be left alone. The SCT despite their thirst for knowledge may support hiding this secret given their links to Gorda Hoje, who wrote Truth serum and without whom the organization would never have been founded, and the founder Ior Labron having written a lamentation of sorts found in the Curse region description.

Then for both we have the SCT's very short history and it's having been founded by the student of a philanthropist generally considered absurd, neither of which seem to fit with an ancient Sleeper plan and the build-up of isogen-5 over millenia. I'm not saying the SCT isn't involved in either but their involvement must have come later having not been so much as movement or an idea until a few students began taking Hoje seriously.

« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2011, 04:41 by Kaito Haakkainen »

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #72 on: 05 Apr 2011, 06:26 »

Having said this it does appear the HyCon agenda is working to opposing goals, their name and educational methods betraying them despite their apparently destroying the Book of Emptiness. It is possible Lianda has been sent by them in the hope of obtaining information regarding ascension.

Amann Karris

« Reply #73 on: 06 Apr 2011, 08:04 »

1.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_series

On one hand, unrelated; on the other, it brought up the question that forced me to re-evaluate the information in The Mirror a few months ago.  Specifically:

Why would someone store the information that is available within The Mirror, as well as keep such sites secret?

2.  http://www.eveonline.com/news.asp?a=arc&aid=17

The Society couldn't possibly have kept things secret without some high-level help.  Anoikis pretty much states exactly this.

3.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apocrypha

Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar.

4.  http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=469526&page=1

An old story of mine.  :P

In Summary:

Who is using "The Mirror", and for what purpose?   :D

Kaito Haakkainen

• Wetgraver
« Reply #74 on: 06 Apr 2011, 13:52 »

Answers as mysterious as the mystery itself.

I'm sorry, I really don't have the time to decode your posts, read through your links, and ensure I thoroughly comprehend them, to get at what may or may not be your actual meaning. Could you please make your statements more plainly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8