Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Adventures of White Lightning" is a Gallentean soap opera.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Dev Post: [Odyssey] Tech 1 Battleships  (Read 10411 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Dev Post: [Odyssey] Tech 1 Battleships
« Reply #105 on: 10 Apr 2013, 15:14 »

this new version goes from 8 turrets to 6

http://youtu.be/f6QBqCNuB3g

Fuck that fucking fucker fuck shit FUCK.

I am so sick of seeing 8 visual weapon hardpoints but only X number of actual fitting points.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #106 on: 10 Apr 2013, 23:04 »

this new version goes from 8 turrets to 6

http://youtu.be/f6QBqCNuB3g

Fuck that fucking fucker fuck shit FUCK.

I am so sick of seeing 8 visual weapon hardpoints but only X number of actual fitting points.

I have had similar feelings for a long time, one of the first instances I can recall actually being aware of was the artwork for the Harbinger - EIGHT FUCKING GUNS.

And it was modeled to have room for them too. Despite the fact that you could get 7 turrets on it my Harbinger fits almost exclusively only had 6 because the last, miss-matched turret was so fucking ugly to look at, universally making nearly all my Harbinger fittings a strange combination of 6 of the largest caliber guns combined with a good tank or awesome weapons upgrading.

When the Harbinger was changed to only being able to use 6 guns I was actually very happy for the above reason.

So let me join in the echo here: FUUUUUUUUUU- :bash:  :psyccp:

Streya

• Egger
« Reply #107 on: 11 Apr 2013, 00:46 »

I too am excited for the possbily-OP NewGeddon, and have made a fit. With the option of simply being able to neut off any close-range people warp scrambling you, the MJD makes a perfect escape tool. Unleash some carnage with all that DPS and buffer and then blink out! Thoughts?

Da fit:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #108 on: 11 Apr 2013, 01:01 »

Why are the Amarrians using missiles in Battleships when the only other T1 ship that used to have them was the Inquisitor?

Is there some initiative within the Navies of the factions to turn all the ships of all the factions into similar ships with racial 'flavor' in them instead of having a faction fleet dogma that the ships follow?

Pretty much meaning that in the end there will be just generic ship piloting skills instead of anything race related.

Fake EDIT: Arbie had a missile point as well.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Desiderya

« Reply #109 on: 11 Apr 2013, 02:18 »

Why are the Amarrians using drones?
Or neuts. I mean, there's not even a t1 ship with a neut bonus prior to the dragoon.  :roll:

Aelisha Montenagre

« Reply #110 on: 11 Apr 2013, 02:44 »

Amarrians have, fluffwise and mechanically, been the second most prolific drone users for quite a while now (Arbitrator for example). 

As for the rest.  Yeeeaaaaaaah.  Sloppy initial design starting to show through the cracks during this rennovation job - the fact they have to radically redesign to make tiericide work is showing the rather anemic decision making made all those years ago. 

Lyn Farel

« Reply #111 on: 11 Apr 2013, 04:50 »

Amarr is an oddball when it comes to drones. They have the shittest drones of all, their dronebays come in 3rd place after Gallente and Minmatar, but they have a few dedicated droneboats like the arbitrator and a few T2 hulls.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #112 on: 11 Apr 2013, 06:40 »

Sloppy initial design starting to show through the cracks during this rennovation job - the fact they have to radically redesign to make tiericide work is showing the rather anemic decision making made all those years ago.

+9000

What CCP fozzie and CCP rise are doing is nothing short of a miracle.....and sometimes you need to compromise a bit.

However, i am scared to death about the new geddon, being on the receiving end of that monster while being a gallente pilot is gonna be hell.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #113 on: 11 Apr 2013, 07:56 »

The old designs worked with the old mechanics.

Since 2004 pretty much everything has changed mechanics wise.

With the old mechanics you could have a fleet dogma behind the design of the different factions and their ships.
You could also have counters within those fleet dogmas of the other factions with your own.

PIE was a shining example of overcoming and prospering in that situation.

It is just weird that the cross pollination and training that the capsuleers have culturally and ship wise is actually affecting the factions themselves.

Which is kind of a derail at this point... are the ship changes actually happening IC or are they completely OOC?
How about the game mechanic changes?

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #114 on: 11 Apr 2013, 08:01 »

Ship changes have been presented IC.

For example, see the description of the Tormentor; it was once a mining frigate, but it is now a gunship.

The other ship descriptions on that site are outdated (Inferno 1.1.5, we're on Retribution 1.1.something now), but the descriptions of ships ingame have been updated as ships have been tweaked with an IC tone.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #115 on: 11 Apr 2013, 08:42 »

However, i am scared to death about the new geddon, being on the receiving end of that monster while being a gallente pilot is gonna be hell.

It's not too late to train Amarrian. C'mon, Bruno! Life is fun on the Gallente-flying-a-geddon side of things! :D

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #116 on: 14 Apr 2013, 10:12 »

So in the interest of going completely overboard if you spent lots of money, the Raven is now ridiculous.

However, if you spend even more money it becomes downright scary.

Whoo, Caldari!  :yar:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Vikarion

« Reply #117 on: 14 Apr 2013, 21:22 »

Why not just get a couple HAM drakes for more tank and less cost, or a Maelstrom/Abaddon for more tank, more damage (by a good deal), cheaper fitting, and better damage projection (Scorch and Barrage, after all, can easily hit 40 km)? Oh, and those battleships don't pack a weapons system that only does 1/2 to 3/4 of its EFT stats. Remember, CCP has only stated that they want to improve cruise missiles, so far.

Sorry, there is no way to fit the Raven where another battleship will not outperform it...by miles. It's a worthless ship, and anyone who flies it in PvP will probably die horribly. It's not even a good PvE ship, comparatively.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #118 on: 15 Apr 2013, 10:20 »

Vik, even if it can be outperformed by any other, you now can ponder with mild reason the choice to bring a couple of ravens in close quarter combat and not suck.

To me thats enough to say it opens new tactics and strategies in pvp.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #119 on: 15 Apr 2013, 10:41 »

That is some serious bitter you have there Vikarion.

CCP have stated they will be looking at Torps as well as cruise missiles.

This new Raven will outperform the Tempest. It is as fast, deals more damage to BC/BS, has more ehp and is easier to fit.

The Raven is a great PvE ship and has been the staple Caldari mission boat for years because of it.

"Dying horribly" is one of the staples of PvP no matter what ship you fly.

A couple of Ham drakes will cost about the same.

Maelstrom/Abaddon I will accept, but they are also two of the slowest subcaps in the game.

Currently, torps will deal close to full damage to a double webbed mwd'ing BC. They will deal full damage to an mwd'ing BS. They will deal around 1/2 damage to mwd'ing, double webbed cruisers.

There are plenty of ways to fit Ravens that outperform other battleships, but as a torp/shield boat it is shoehorned into a 30km engagement range with particular tanking types. (By the way, torp range on a phoon is 18km.)

« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2013, 11:56 by kalaratiri »

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9