Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That small colony hangars cannot have comprehensive hangar security systems due to the need to scramble forces quickly? (The Burning Life p. 78)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Question about planets  (Read 2472 times)

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
Re: Question about planets
« Reply #15 on: 11 Oct 2011, 16:13 »

Are you referring to the player doing that or CCP?

If CCP decided to give this particular lowsec planet a different name that would be somethIng to role-play with or around. One possibility is that some bureaucrat in Gedur, or some chief claiming a favour, has bestowed a name regardless of the practices of the locals. Another is that we're mistaken, or that Levendi better describes a continent or settlement rather than the whole planet. We can work with matters either way.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #16 on: 11 Oct 2011, 19:42 »

My opinion on planets in hi-sec is don't name them yourself. My opinion on planets in low-sec is probably don't name them yourself. My opinion on planets in null-sec and W-space, however, is name them whatever the hell you want - but be sure you can defend it, or whoever conquers it next gets to decide what it's called.

Lucius Vindictus

• Clonejack
« Reply #17 on: 10 Nov 2011, 13:41 »

I try to respect other player's naming efforts, where possible. A smart way to make sure other people know and recognize is by offering them a way to look it up. The ideal way to go about that is by doing what Seriphyn Inhonores did for some of the temperate worlds in Gallente space. You will find them here:

http://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Populous_Temperate_Worlds_in_the_Gallente_Federation

The wiki is a good central place where you can post your non-canon RP content (while labeling them as such!). However, If you do you should be prepared to accept that someone else can and will add, change, or remove some of your content. We all share in the sandbox :)

Though he didn't name the planets, he added some characteristics and descriptions that I will use if I ever decide to RP anything taking place in Gallente Space. Had he named them, I'd use those names as well. I see no reason not to until someone else comes up with something better.
« Last Edit: 10 Nov 2011, 14:08 by Lucius Vindictus »

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 11 Nov 2011, 03:54 »

Yeah well, I still disagree with Seriphyn's description of the Elalan constellation as "...extremely stable in all spheres, and is known for its peaceful and serene social climate." When the Gallente Epic Arc describes the constellation as pretty much the opposite. :P

Besides that, it is a darn good job he has been doing.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #19 on: 11 Nov 2011, 04:18 »

Oh :oops:

I still need to finish that. Got the images still laying around here somewhere...but then they'll be outdated with the new nebulas, and the city light layer is currently broken (it's on max atm, is not confined to land as it should be)
Pages: 1 [2]