Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That  following several months of dedicated research, the Synenose Accord held a public and widely attended conference in the shattered Seyllin system, site of the tragic Seyllin Main-Sequence event? See more here

Author Topic: Monitor troubles, could use some advice! :C  (Read 425 times)

Felix Rasker

• Clonejack
Monitor troubles, could use some advice! :C
« on: 15 Aug 2013, 01:01 »

Hey gang. So, I recently had to switch monitors and I'm in a bit of a jam. The monitor works fine, HDMI input functions, but the display is way off-center.

I tried using the screen resolution window, but I can only adjust the resolution, not the positioning of the display. I tried the buttons on the bottom of the monitor, but there's no option there to align the display, either.

Anyone got any ideas?

Lyn Farel

Re: Monitor troubles, could use some advice! :C
« Reply #1 on: 15 Aug 2013, 03:40 »

Tbh a digital display (HDMI or DVI) being off-center sounds completely fucked up to me. It's not supposed to be possible unless something is borked...  :ugh:

These do not have parameters for that kind of things like the old analog VGA did.

Felix Rasker

• Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 15 Aug 2013, 03:47 »

Tbh a digital display (HDMI or DVI) being off-center sounds completely fucked up to me. It's not supposed to be possible unless something is borked...  :ugh:

These do not have parameters for that kind of things like the old analog VGA did.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of... it's a nice monitor, 1080 and all that, but I took it off somebody who hadn't used it in ages and its kinda wonky. Doesn't turn on easily, screen tearing happens a lot.

I found another, but it's a dinky little 15" square. Can barely see what I'm doing. Still, as long as it runs on good graphics, I guess I shouldn't complain.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 15 Aug 2013, 08:30 »

Check if it's still under warranty. Always worth a shot.