EVE-Online RP Discussion and Resources > Player Driven Content

"Cribs" - EVE Edition

<< < (3/11) > >>

Saana:
Corporate values before all: But since we actually really don't go to the HQ that much, there's a virtual room.

--- Quote from: Aseyakone Lobby ---This is a virtual simulation of the front desk of Aseyakone Corporation. The simulation depicts a large round room whose sides are covered with panels displaying news, economical data and corporate marketing. The open space is dominated by an evergreen bush growing in the middle.

On one side, there's a pair of wide glass doors (marked "exit") showing a view to a park. On the other side, there is a gunmetal grey front desk covering roughly one quarter of the total circumference. The desk is decorated by the corporate logo of Aseyakone. Behind the desk, there is a Raata-style painting of a javelin-thrower. The desk is flanked with two doors, the left side one marked "elevator" and the right side one marked "conference room".

--- End quote ---

The conference room is actually a "real" place, though it supports limited telepresence (assuming someone physically present doesn't disable the feature).

--- Quote from: Aseyakone Conference Room ---This is a conference room on a Caldari station. The walls are made of simple steel sheets. On one end of the hall there is a door marked "exit". The wall opposite to the doors is dominated by a viewport to the docking facilities of a Caldari station, though the traffic seems to be slow. The side walls house a multitude of holographic displays, most of them displaying economic data. In the center of the room there is a large table capable of comfortably seating a score of people on the sides. The viewport end of the table hosts a large chair. More seats are available along the walls. In the roof there is a holoprojector (usually serving as a simple light) on top of each of the chairs around the table.

The table is a large steel structure plated with glass, with a soft plastic band circulating along the edge. On front of each seat there is a small screen. Additionally, there is some kind of a computing device in front of the large seat. There are three holes in the center of the table, housing holoprojectors controlled by device. The projector closest to the viewport is currently displaying a map of the Caldari-Gallente war zone.

Several of the seats have signs in front of them. The large seat at the end of the table is apparently reserved to "Saana Nupuunen". On her right, there are seats for "Axel Kurki" and "Yuhe Hepimeki". On her left side, the seats are for "Marika Obenen" and "Matias Raatamaa".
--- End quote ---

Saana also has a small apartment to call her own, fit into a standard habitation module for limited mobility. (Description looks funny in the forums, but makes more sense in the channel MOTD.)

--- Quote from: Saana's Habitation Module ---This is a spacious apartment suite, apparently on a Caldari-built station or a habitation module.

Airlock: The apartment is connected to the rest of the station via it's own airlock, despite the entire route being pressurized.

Foyer: The first room after the airlock is a roomy foyer with room for clothes. There are locked doors to the left and right. Opposite the airlock hatch, there is a door to the hall. There is a janitor to welcome any guests.

The hall: The central room of the apartment is a large open space. The wood-paneled side walls are lined with small cabinets and plants. The far wall is covered in stone slabs and decorated with a Raata-style tapestry. There is a simple straw mat on the hardwood floor. There are three doors to the right (two rooms and a bathroom) and a single door to the left (to the dining room). Two doors at each side of the far wall lead to the library.

The dining room: This is a large but simple dining room. The only pieces of furniture are the large table and the chairs surrounding it. At the airlock side, there is a door to the kitchen, guarded by a cook.

The bathroom: The door from the hall leads to a small changing room, which has a door leading to a toilet. The other door leads to a luxurous bathroom.

The library: The far end of the library is lined with shelves full of data storage devices, but the hall side hosts a massive fireplace. There are a few chairs and tables. A few data readers are on the tables. The floor is covered in stone slabs, but feels warm. There is a single door on the both side of the room right next to the doors leading to the hall. The door to the right is just a regular door, but the door to the left side sports an advanced electronical lock.
--- End quote ---

Mister Screwball:
My first attempt at making a channel for one of my EVE character so theres probably a few mistakes so any tips would be great.  :ugh:

--- Quote from: Jasmin Soulscreams Penthouse ---The landing pad that people arrive on lies atop a towering skyscraper belonging to the Akada Corporation, from the landing pad a clear view of the entire city is available to visiting guests blocked only by neighbouring skyscrapers.

Just beyond the landing pad and leading into the penthouse is a Rock garden. The garden itself consists of a tea house and a sparse collection of blossom trees surrounded by several rocks and carpet of pebbles. Several workers help maintain the garden and attend to any patrons who decide to remain outside.

Inside visitors are stopped at a security checkpoint manned by Security personal bearing the Akada Corporation logo. The guardsmen will remove any unauthorised items and said items are placed in storage for collection upon leaving the building.

Beyond the security checkpoint lays the main living room decorated with ornate wooden flooring, banners bearing the Akada family crest, Oriental Achuran carpets and several large leather couches. The couches surround a large 3d holo projector, which idly scrolls through news reports until given commands. Behind the projector is a large panoramic window, that remains tinted until the 3d projector is deactivated, allows visitors a perfect view of the sun setting over the city.

At the edges of the room are several display cases with various collectable items and personal effects such as several unique crystals, old Achuran scripts and an ornate robe with the Akada family crest in lavish detail on the back. Above several holo projectors can be seen that allow those unable to attend in person visit the building.

Leading off from the main hall are several different rooms including a kitchen, several bedrooms and a study with a vast array of books. One room remains locked to visitors with several different safety locks such as eye and DNA scanners, voice recognition passwords and a key card.

The house is maintained by a small army of employees raging from security details, cleaning staff, technicians, chefs and caretakers which provide various services to the hostess and her guests.

--- End quote ---

Edit: Typo

Arnulf Ogunkoya:

--- Quote from: Mister Screwball on 13 Apr 2013, 16:51 ---My first attempt at making a channel for one of my EVE character so theres probably a few mistakes so any tips would be great.  :ugh:

--- Quote from: Jasmin Soulscreams Penthouse ---The landing pad that people arrive on lies atop a towering skyscraper belonging to the Akada Corporation, from the landing pad a clear view of the entire city is available to visiting guests blocked only by neighbouring skyscrapers.

Just beyond the landing pad and leading into the penthouse is a Rock garden. The garden itself consists of a tea house and a sparse collection of blossom trees surrounded by several rocks and carpet of pebbles. Several workers help maintain the garden and attend to any patrons who decide to remain outside.

Inside visitors are stopped at a security checkpoint manned by Security personal bearing the Akada Corporation logo. The guardsmen will remove any unauthorised items and said items are placed in storage for collection upon leaving the building.

Beyond the security checkpoint lays the main living room decorated with ornate wooden flooring, banners bearing the Akada family crest, Oriental Achuran carpets and several large leather couches. The couches surround a large 3d hollow projector, which idly scrolls through news reports until given commands. Behind the projector is a large panoramic window, that remains tinted until the 3d projector is deactivated, allows visitors a perfect view of the sun setting over the city.

At the edges of the room are several display cases with various collectable items and personal effects such as several unique crystals, old Achuran scripts and an ornate robe with the Akada family crest in lavish detail on the back. Above several holo projectors can be seen that allow those unable to attend in person visit the building.

Leading off from the main hall are several different rooms including a kitchen, several bedrooms and a study with a vast array of books. One room remains locked to visitors with several different safety locks such as eye and DNA scanners, voice recognition passwords and a key card.

The house is maintained by a small army of employees raging from security details, cleaning staff, technicians, chefs and caretakers which provide various services to the hostess and her guests.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Seems ok. Just one typo I noticed. That should be "holo" projector (short for hologram) rather than hollow.

Druur Monakh:
I don't have a channel, hence no crib (and if I ever did in-game channel RP, I'd be inclined to make up a three-liner based on the context), but this topic made me think about my 'home' for the first couple of years in EVE. I never planned it out in detail, which gives me the liberty to adjust it to my story needs, but over time an outline did form in my mind.

As result, I wrote a post specifically to put that outline into words (it is still fuzzy, but more defined than it was at the beginning), and discovered along the way that Druur is not living in some grand mansion or similar. While her quarters are unaffordable for baseliners, they are still just rented quarters on a station.

You can read the whole post here here, but the salient parts for the purpose of this thread are below. The backstory is that after a long time away, Druur returns to her original 'home', and essentially rediscovers it.

--- Quote ---The elevator moved with a smoothness that belied its speed - if it weren't for numbers on the level display counting down rapidly, you could have thought you weren't moving at all. Even the deceleration as the elevator approached its destination was announced with only the barest of the faintest shudders. You didn't arrive in these elevators, instead you were simply suddenly there.

With a melodious *ding* the elevator door opened, and I stepped out onto the permanent quarters level of this Creodron station. Tastefully designed, subdued decor, plush carpet, an open bar, and again this was just the hallway!

A short walk brought me to the entrance to my actual quarters, the electronic lock glowing a reassuring red. A swipe of my keycard, the color changed to green, and latches disengaging internally. The door recessed a few centimeters, and then slid sideways out of the way with a grace and speed belying its actual weight.

I stepped inside, and the door slid close behind me, moving almost inaudibly on its gears. Triggered by my entrance, the room lighting came on, starting with the fixtures nearest to me, the others following one by one, as if I was standing in an expanding bubble of light.

Technically this staggered activation wasn't necessary, but I had found the effect so cool that I had even added to it the sound of circuit breakers engaging.

The air had the sterile cleanliness of a quarter long unused, modern day air scrubbing having become so effective that unused station quarters were signified by a total absence of dust, not an excess.

I let my gaze wander across the room, taking in its familiar features which I hadn't seen for quite some time. The couch, with the side tables, just in the right position across the viewing screen. My little workplace, terminal dark and quiet, an overturned picture frame next to it. Shelves, now mostly empty, except for a few mementos. A bar unit, currently retracted safely into the wall. Off in a side room, the kitchen, although primarily used to make coffee or tea, or breakfast. A doorway leading to the bedroom. And somewhere one or two other rooms, which I hadn't used much. It's these front rooms where my life had taken place.

--- End quote ---

Korsavius:

--- Quote from: Parakone Island --->> The Forge >> Okomon Constellation
>> Abagawa Solar System >> Abagawa IV
>> Parakone Island

Resting a few dozen miles off shore from one of the main continents is the small and tranquil private residence of Korsavius. Massive artificial rocks form a perimeter around the island a few miles off it's coast. In all actuality, these man-made creations make up an advanced anti-air and anti-sea defense system, but to anyone unaware of their true nature, they just appear to be beautiful, natural looking barriers. The island itself is dominated by a small mountain which sits at the southern end, while the northern half of the island remains relatively flat. There are several private cottages for guests spread throughout the island, with the main house located at the center. The weather for the region itself is fairly mild, with a temperate forest surrounding all of the developed parts of the island. Near the main house rests a small orchard forest which hides a small shrine, a place of rememberance and worship to those who follow the Caldari Way.

--- End quote ---

[spoiler][/spoiler] - Main house
[spoiler][/spoiler] - Temperate forest
[spoiler][/spoiler] - Orchard forest
[spoiler]http://nathanbauman.com/odysseus/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Gilsangsa-Buddhist-temple-bronze-bell-2.jpg[/spoiler] - Caldari shrine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version