Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Author Topic: Sani Sabik Top Model Event Season II - Late OOC.  (Read 4179 times)

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker

IGS ic thread: http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1521871

Intended to do this thread before at the start of the event to start the applications, but things went so fast and slots were filled before expected, so do to the massive amount of work ic that events like this comprises I got a bit delayed to post here.

Anyways here it is, for my future reference and for for those wo are participating or planning to participate on our next Season.

First of all, has been a blast. Darv has done an excellent work with the videos:

Season II intro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QO3K712krcQ

and Judges, Resort, candidate presentations.

http://www.youtube.com/user/darvization?feature=mhee#p/c/11/8r_tP9pnnI8

Besides all his hard work with pictures, art  and all the coordenation. So my big thanks to Darv, this event wouldnt be happening without him.

And now of course to the real show, the candidates. New, old, veteran, friendly and foes, to those role players who are there with us making it happen, you have been great. Many of you are around here, so I hope you are enjoying your time with us, and to those who aren't but get to see this, some of you have really surprised me. ( special omgwtf to the French role player who refused a Nyx last night. We did have an ooc convo about that with the rper after it happened.

Koronakesh > it's one of the best looking ships in the game
Dream Br3aker > It is my ooc dream
Dream Br3aker > my heart did skip a beat
Dream Br3aker > but the rp is far more valuable
Revan Neferis > wow first time a role player leaves me in awe
Dream Br3aker > completely ooc here... if i had said yes?
Revan Neferis > of course you would get the ship. I always always take rp seriously
 Dream Br3aker > like i said my heart skipped a beat when you said that
 Dream Br3aker > I love that ship
Dream Br3aker > but I take my rp seriously too
Dream Br3aker > as you see
Revan Neferis > im really wtf surprised. honestely
 Dream Br3aker > haha well if it makes you feel better you can always still give me one later
 Dream Br3aker > but this was a very big point for my character development
Dream Br3aker > i am still a little shakey
 Revan Neferis > left you speechless too!
 Dream Br3aker > YES!
 Revan Neferis > lol
 Dream Br3aker > You are a naughty temptress
 Dream Br3aker > you pit my ic against my ooc

Kudos for this unexpected show, rp is serious internet spaceship business too! ;) and along those lines, I'd like to thank all the OOC mails that I have received in game regarding the event, they are all very encouraging and im glad that the great majority of you are having fun during these 2 weeks with us.
We are now heading to the last days, we have eliminated 50% of the initial 30 and to those 15 remaining, I trust you'll have good times ahead.

And last but not least, suggestions for improvement and positive criticisms are always welcome. Revan is perfect and never needs anyone's opinion but I'll gladly take your words into consideration so we can se what we can do better for next season as this is a recurrent event that we intend to do it at least 2 times a year depending of my availability.
As I spoke with many of you on voice, I avoid ooc discussions regarding future developments because i dont want it to influence on results. My events always have been true to good role play and again no matter who you are or where you come from ooc and ic, good role play will always win.
It's important to highlight that in character you are all dealing with Revan, which is an unpredictable insane and highly eccentric character so, it's with her eyes that the decision will be made.

Any questions that wont compromise the ic integrity of the event, are welcome here. Again, thanks for the participation, good show.
Erotic Evil: Sexy and Dirty, Dirty Rich.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
Re: Sani Sabik Top Model Event Season II - Late OOC.
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jun 2011, 16:53 »

wewt.

Awesome event has been awesome, mad props Revan, I can tell a lot of work went into making this as epic as it is. And even though I probably won't win, I can definitely say that I've had an absolute blast, and I'm definitely looking forward to the rest of the event, and the next season as well.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Lord Wamphyri

• Exhibitionist
  • Clonejack
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jun 2011, 16:53 »

I just wanted to add a huge thank you for this event. I can honestly say I haven't had so much fun in years!  The event has really rekindled my interest in RP and I'm thoroughly enjoying my time playing, giving me the opportunity to shape Wamp as a person, and to tell a story as I go.

And I have to say, I was also having a WTF moment last night when Dream turned down that Nyx. I was extremely impressed and it was an amazing thing to witness.  I'm very impressed with the levels of RP from the other contestants and I'm proud to be part of this event.

So again, I thank you and the other guys involved, and I'll see you at the resort (if they ever get Tranquility back online, lol)

Darveses

• Wetgraver
« Reply #3 on: 21 Jun 2011, 17:06 »

Has indeed been a blast so far, well worth the work =)

Thanks to all participants for helping us shape this to what its become!

sidenote,  TQ LIVES

Merahl

• Clonejack
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jun 2011, 17:48 »

I'd just like to say that I have been thoroughly enjoying the competition as an opportunity to flesh my character out. It's quite possibly the deepest RP I've been involved in for a very long time, and I really appreciate the effort that everyone has been putting in.

I'm also very sorry if my responses IC seem slow; dyslexia is my enemy and spell checker is my friend, and I try my best to be coherent.

Punx Evangeline

• Clonejack
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jun 2011, 07:56 »

I've definatly been having a blast with it.  So much crazy wrapped up into one package is awesome.

-Punx

Raze Valadeus

« Reply #6 on: 22 Jun 2011, 09:34 »

Ha! It's a shame Raze has absolutely no desire whatsoever to participate in this festival of "sin and debauchery." He's has like twelve people suggest he should compete.

Sounds like you guys are having a blast though and I really do enjoy awkward, intense and awkwardly intense RP.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #7 on: 22 Jun 2011, 10:05 »

Yeah, I'd join in, but atm I couldn't justify any of my characters participating, except maybe one, but all my time is currently being taken up by Stuff™. Maybe next time.

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jun 2011, 10:25 »

Cheers everyone, thanks for the positive reviews. Glad to know many of you are enjoying the event, ic and ooc as well.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #9 on: 23 Jun 2011, 13:00 »

I'd have joined in this one, but I joined the first and didn't make it through the first round. I'm content to sit back and watch.

Besides, Katrina has a history of enjoying the destruction of Sani Sabik ships more than most other factions. I doubt they'd be too happy with her.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #10 on: 27 Jun 2011, 10:19 »

Cheers everyone, thanks for the positive reviews. Glad to know many of you are enjoying the event, ic and ooc as well.

It's not my sort of thing, but it's a good thing!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Revan Neferis

• Sani Sabik
  • Wetgraver
  • God's Banker
« Reply #11 on: 28 Jun 2011, 06:12 »

ISD official news has been released today.  I have a few things to close up before the final official closing announcement, but winner and prizes has been announced / paid.
Again, my thanks to all who joined and collaborated somehow for this event to happen, ISD guys, judges, viewers, candidates, good show all. Putting up a player driven event and investing on it is something that ive doing on eve since many years back and it's very interesting to see the eve community embracing such concepts more and more, be that events related to space as my gladiator games ( coming now to its third season too with something around 5 to 10 bill reward, keep tunned for near future news) or the kind of event which focus on discovering new role play talents and investing on social interactions like this one.
Best thing about such events is the good relationships and new friendships formed with it. it's always the true legacy that remains, so cheers to that.

A side note ooc too, many of you are asking Revan ic about sani sabik rp, initiations, etc etc, how to keep role playing and interacting with us. Ill try to formulate a post about sani sabik rp on the recruitment area of this forum although the rp is centered around a religious sect, therefore doesnt include corporation recruitment per se.
So ill get to it when time allows me.

Anyways to the topic, Here is the official news:

YFN-UN, Syndicate - Revan Neferis has opened the second iteration of her New Eden-wide modelling contest. The competition invites capsuleers from all backgrounds to compete against each other for fame and the chance to win 3 billion ISK's worth of prizes.

The competition is a Sani Sabik event, described by its sponsor as "a praise to beauty of the Universe and the best genetic expressions of mankind." Ms. Neferis compared this new season of the contest to the last, saying "This season will be much more ferocious. We will be more demanding on the psychological interviews, more ruthless on our interactions and of course, seeking that exotic touch on looks that would call our attention, to make this a very unpredictable and surprising event."

Asked if she felt that capsuleer genetics were coming closer to perfection, Ms Neferis said "The improvements on the capsuleer cosmetic science and the aesthetically pleasing features tell me yes. Especially the Minmatars, I'm quite impressed."

In this year's contest, one entrant, Dream Br3aker was offered a Nyx (a super-carrier vessel worth roughly 16-17 billion ISK with basic fittings, often substantially more with modules and rigs) by Ms. Neferis to leave the competition. She refused the offer, choosing to remain in the contest and keep vying for the grand title, suggesting she could acquire a Nyx herself if she needed one.

The competition is now down to five final contestants. One finalist, Morwen Lagann described her motives for joining the competition this season. "The first one sounded like it had been a lot of fun by all accounts, so I didn't want to miss out this time around... and well, it's a learning experience." When asked how confident she was about winning this season, she replied, "Most capsuleers run around wearing masks hiding who they really are - this competition provides an opportunity to learn about ourselves and our peers by taking those masks off to see what's underneath... I am very confident."

Another finalist, Nausea, was equally sure of herself, saying, "Initially, there were many people that were somewhat... similar [in appearance]. They didn't seem to quite grasp what this event was about and why they were here. Now most are gone... I feel confident I can take the title. Rather confident, in fact." When asked if she would take part in a season three, she replied, "Without a hesitation I would. This has been one of the most intense experiences I have ever gone through, and despite some misgivings, some people I will be keeping in contact with once this is all over."

The second season of the New Eden-wide modelling contest hosted by Revan Neferis, is currently underway, with five finalists currently vying for the 3 billion ISK prize fund.

GalNet References

Season 1 Records

Season 2 - currently underway

Thanks for another great season with ISD particiaption, specially Stephan, wonderful reporter and very good sport joining the rp ambient with us.
till next.