Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Silphy enDiabel of the Syndicate used to be one of the Sisters of EVE? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Return of the Jove  (Read 22973 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: Return of the Jove
« Reply #75 on: 10 Feb 2015, 11:51 »

If these turn in to belt rats or even the next "skin" on incursions I'm gonna be really disappointed.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #76 on: 10 Feb 2015, 12:54 »

Faction Description:
"Emerging from the ruins of the Sleeper civilization spread throughout Anoikis - otherwise known as "W-space"- the Drifters represent a tremendous challenge and perhaps a dire threat to the empires and capsuleers alike.
Seemingly the inheritors of a legacy left behind by some of the most ancient Jove, the Drifters are unafraid to wield tremendous power in response to any who get in their way. In this regard, the Drifters are a very different conundrum than the relatively benign presence that was the Jove Empire."

Corporation Description (Vigilant Tyrannos):
"CONCORD intelligence reports indicate that Drifter military formations are operating under a single command structure represented by an enclave level organization with the designation "Vigilant Tyrannos". Despite monitoring the movements of ships broadcasting the identifier of this organization, no further information as to the motivation or goals of this force has been gleaned."

Race(?) Description:
"By all appearances and indications the Drifters are members of the Jove race, albeit far removed and with a strangely altered physiology. The high degree of cybernetic modification that the Drifters exhibit seems to go hand in hand with an implacable single-mindedness and utter ruthlessness while pursuing their mysterious goals. Whatever their ends may be, the technology at their command unquestionably rivals and perhaps even surpasses that which other Jove have been seen to use."

Where'd you see that ? on sisi ?
\o/

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #77 on: 10 Feb 2015, 13:28 »

It's on SISI.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #78 on: 10 Feb 2015, 15:06 »

well, maybe that's what that thing was wanting the Jovian Body Parts for.

lol at everyone who donated them to the drop-off site, in that case.

all "you fools, you've doomed us all" and all that, lol
\o/

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #79 on: 10 Feb 2015, 17:31 »

well, maybe that's what that thing was wanting the Jovian Body Parts for.

lol at everyone who donated them to the drop-off site, in that case.

all "you fools, you've doomed us all" and all that, lol

Pretty much my feeling, the Jovian parts were needed to get a compatible DNA sequence to grow fresh clones for the sleepers (after the empires harvested goodness knows how many to create the first Dust Bunnies).

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #80 on: 10 Feb 2015, 18:07 »

Sounds like some of you RPers might have good cause to go after any capsuleers that suppported that endeavor with space violence!

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #81 on: 11 Feb 2015, 13:18 »

Sounds like some of you RPers might have good cause to go after any capsuleers that suppported that endeavor with space violence!

I happen to know who it was that started it.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #82 on: 11 Feb 2015, 13:41 »

Just start spamming the conspirators:

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #83 on: 15 Feb 2015, 05:42 »

the Drifter CEO, appears to be a female. Lol cybernetic boobs. Anyway, she has 3 spine sockets, instead of the 6 that a capsuleer has. Significant ? MAYBE !

Also, the fact that they've been able to insert a whole new faction, corp, and all that, as well as making new star systems, means that it should be possible, to insert the EoM as a full faction, leading to EoM painted ships, and so on.
\o/

Nmaro Makari

• Nemo
  • Pod Captain
  • SHARKBAIT-HOOHAHA!
« Reply #84 on: 17 Feb 2015, 04:15 »

New ingame pictures of The Drifters!

The very model of a British Minmatarian

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #85 on: 17 Feb 2015, 13:27 »

Well it looks like the sky is falling, again.

IGS forecast for the next few months: Histrionics and calls for everyone to drop everything ever to combat the Reapers.

Drifters then become the new PvE LP/loot pinata content. Normalcy returned.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #86 on: 17 Feb 2015, 13:45 »

IGS forecast for the next few months: Histrionics and calls for everyone to drop everything ever to combat the Reapers.

i like how everyone has suddenly completed a doctorate in relevant subjects, despite never having mentioned this before.

\o/

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #87 on: 17 Feb 2015, 14:01 »

i like how everyone has suddenly completed a doctorate in relevant subjects, despite never having mentioned this before.

I'm sure there are Galnet PhD degrees your character can complete for a low enrollment and processing fee.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #88 on: 17 Feb 2015, 14:02 »

In order to make up for my Incursion-related Sansha histrionics (had to look that word up), I'm going to make Kat a fan of the Drifters.

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #89 on: 17 Feb 2015, 14:23 »

I think I'll probably add that while I think the new Drifters look really cool and the current arc is probably interesting and engaging for a lot of people - especially new ones - I can't shake the feeling of being here before with the Sleepers and Sansha which seem very much the same with the whole, "Oh no guys, there's this new and unknown threat to all mankind with advanced technology we don't understand and we all need to unite together because CONCORD is useless." Etcetera. Etcetera.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10