Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Author Topic: [News] Settled Thukker Deal with Tribal Identity Crisis  (Read 966 times)

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer

Check it out here: Settled Thukker Deal with Tribal Identity Crisis

Interesting that it touches on some info about Thukker beliefs, like the Voluval taking place in space.

What do you guys think?

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
Re: [News] Settled Thukker Deal with Tribal Identity Crisis
« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2010, 20:48 »

I like it for a lot of reasons.  I think the storyline about the tension between tradition Minmatar tribal beliefs against the pressures of a changing society is a good one, and one I know a lot Minmatar RPers focus on.  Also, lots and lots of people like the Thukkers, so its good to see more about them.

Personally, I'm just happy to get a PF name of a city on Rens.
« Last Edit: 02 Sep 2010, 09:18 by Gottii »
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Isobel Mitar

• Egger
Re: [News] Settled Thukker Deal with Tribal Identity Crisis
« Reply #2 on: 02 Sep 2010, 05:16 »

I loved the newspiece. Lots of tantalizing hints about Minmatar society in general and Thukkers in particular.

Interesting to see that inter-tribal adoptions can be considered, and that such are seen as an extreme measure. Validates a lot of assumptions, there. :)