Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that "Operation Trinity Vanguard" was the code name for the defense of the Incursions in Anyed, Antem and Imya. The Anti-Incursion fleets contisted over 800 pilots from CVA, KotMC, Moira., Star Fraction, FCORD, SYNE Coalition and countless other corps and alliances.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Republic/Federation skirmish: Colelie  (Read 7364 times)

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
Re: Republic/Federation skirmish: Colelie
« Reply #75 on: 08 May 2013, 14:54 »

Ulphus: I had a similar argument to what you describe with CCP Ginger back in the day on the Chatsubo. Basically, my stance was (and still is) that with very little extra work everything CCP does fiction wise could be given an IC source. You don't even have to change the tone or contents, just say that "this is a story/history/report/news article written in exactly the way it appears by an IC character.

I'm completely on board with Gaven on this.

Any CCP lore needs to have an IC source, so it can be properly weighed (and questioned if necessary).

An additional matter for me is that any source who writes from an omniprescent view, like describing the inner thoughts and fears of characters, or describing ultra-secret meetings from an unknown perspective, will be classified by Merdaneth as fiction.

I have little trouble with these things, other than players here keeping bringing things up and tainting my views. Otherwise I stay away from OOC sources and wait until I get the info IC. However, most things people really hate, they *never* talk about IC, so Merdaneth never learns of it.

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #76 on: 09 May 2013, 03:24 »

So does anyone have any ideas why the Federation weren't prepared to at least let some RSS intel officers observe the interrogation...

All the theorycrafting above is possible. I'd add to that that if we're considering a clone soldier as the assassin then it's also possible the Federation no longer has him in custody - via clone initiated suicide perhaps - and the Feds simply haven't chased him or his handlers down yet or are still working on how to explain this to an extremely agitated Republic government.

Off the top of my head I can't recall but was there ever any PF to suggest Heth's attacker was tried or otherwise brought to justice for his actions?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #77 on: 09 May 2013, 04:05 »

I wrote somewhere else - and I don't remember where - that it should have been better if articles on evelopedia exposed the facts not with an omnipotent view, but explained them through the different lenses that exist in New Eden. For example, the article on the origin of Terra was good. It explained the three different theories and who developped them, and why they believed it that way. Even if we, us players, know what is the truth OOCly, at least we have hints on what is commonly knowledgeable in New Eden about the subject.

Yarod Cool

• Clonejack
« Reply #78 on: 09 May 2013, 04:42 »

Alternatively, maybe it wasn't a Federation job.

Perhaps the shooter was hired by Shakor himself, and the Federation revealing that, even privately to the RSS, would not exactly go over well.
If the Federation reveals proof that Shakor is behind the attack and Caille, he and his minions will find themselves in a lot of very deep shit, very quickly.

I considered this, and while it would explain why Shakor is being such a dick about it, it doesn't explain why the Federation is behaving the way it is. What's in it for them to hide information about the shooter? If they were keeping the information quiet to try to keep Shakor on-side, then why would Shakor attack? Especially an attack that's so doomed to fail, and executed so stupidly.

It doesn't make sense to me.

Roden strikes me (from the Chronicle where Blaque tries to raid his factories) as an introverted person who insulates himself from the outside world, and also someone who doesn't like to be told what to do. Chalk it up to a failure of diplomacy from the highest levels, since this was about as high-profile a diplomatic issue the Feds and Republic could have.

Also, if the Republic has (had!) a more hawkish Shakor faction and a more dovish Midular faction, then enraging the Midular faction is a great way to get everyone hawkish. Invading an ally still seems stupid, though!

Jocca Quinn

• Wetgraver
« Reply #79 on: 09 May 2013, 06:40 »

You know, just once I'd like it if there was no conspiracy.

No Fed plot
No Tribal plot
No Sleeper/clone trooper/other-whatever-the-hell-it-is

Just simply one random nut job who decided his own fate.

But this is New Eden and CCP, so I bet I'm out of luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]