Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the top-heavy, curved, vertical design of the Naglfar was copied from Minmatar totems? Read more in the description

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Capsuleer Tropes: Things that you love, things that you don't  (Read 12293 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

Pretty much where Esna is as well, although he is deliberately silent regarding his Holdings.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK

I like to meet more RPers who believe that the best response to any perceived slight is to fly to whichever place you hole up in and ram a warhead/shell up your thrusters. And he actively does that.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child

I like to meet more RPers who believe that the best response to any perceived slight is to fly to whichever place you hole up in and ram a warhead/shell up your thrusters. And he actively does that.

If only PvP were that simple.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!

This is practically impossible. Only if RP about that.
Well, I have tried this a couple of times. You see, gateguns, CONCORD... Got blown up by these and those. Another time was waiting for several hours for a person to undock - never happened.
It's quite hard to meet roleplayers in a situation where you could actually ram your missiles into their... thrusters.

Well, I don't say I won't stop trying, but, meh... chances I actually get someone are rather slim.  :ugh:

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

This is practically impossible. Only if RP about that.
Well, I have tried this a couple of times. You see, gateguns, CONCORD... Got blown up by these and those. Another time was waiting for several hours for a person to undock - never happened.
It's quite hard to meet roleplayers in a situation where you could actually ram your missiles into their... thrusters.

Well, I don't say I won't stop trying, but, meh... chances I actually get someone are rather slim.  :ugh:

Game mechanics make it plenty easy to avoid fighting if they choose to, but then that's on you and your RP to let everyone know this is happening.  Violence is the method of choice for plenty though.  But as capsuleers remember we can't actually -kill- each other in any permanent way. We can only kill you stuff, alienate you friends, sap your will to resist, embarrass you publicly, etc.

More RPers are afraid of losing their reputations than any material.  Like we say it's your only real currency.

Silas said something that upset Makkal Hanaya once; she immediately jumped in a combat ship, set the autopilot the 50 jumps or whatever, and headed straight over to have it out.  The result wasn't important, the act of -doing something- gave her more IC and OOC credit in that 30 minutes than some people ever earn in years of forum warfare.

Lyn Farel

That's actually something I tend to loathe. You are only considered in a positive way if you have "balls". When I OOCly and ICly consider that actually having "balls" is just behaving like an animal, that my character will actually tell you every time that "winning a stupid space fight has nothing to do with you being right or wrong", then that mentality starts to seriously get annoying at a personal level.

I perfectly understand that this has become de facto the general capsuleer ideal, but sometimes I would really like to see capsuleers thinking otherwise and detaching themselves from the testosterone mentality.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

That's actually something I tend to loathe. You are only considered in a positive way if you have "balls". When I OOCly and ICly consider that actually having "balls" is just behaving like an animal, that my character will actually tell you every time that "winning a stupid space fight has nothing to do with you being right or wrong", then that mentality starts to seriously get annoying at a personal level.

I perfectly understand that this has become de facto the general capsuleer ideal, but sometimes I would really like to see capsuleers thinking otherwise and detaching themselves from the testosterone mentality.

This is perfectly valid, I meant only that I respected action being taken; unless the character is a professed pacifist I often expect people to do -something- against their opponents, shooting them in space is just the most common solution. There is also economic, social, and other types of aggressive action.

Lyn Farel

Yeah I was just rambling. Since it's the thread about what we wish to see more, then I would like to see more people with others way to deal with enemies. And likewise, less people thinking that "i disagree with you so i'm coming to ruin your face so that will make me right". Not that the latter is bad, at the contrary, but too common in my taste, for supposedly educated capsuleers.

Lyn Farel

Almost forgot, personal pet peeve of mine : people that use "I can't believe that you made me agree with X", where X is an usual mortal enemy, to point out how demented a point might be to make both people agree. It's so trite...

Lunarisse Aspenstar

This is perfectly valid, I meant only that I respected action being taken; unless the character is a professed pacifist I often expect people to do -something- against their opponents, shooting them in space is just the most common solution. There is also economic, social, and other types of aggressive action.

This ;)

Silas back when Luna was still in shy/fearful mode, you might remember she tried to set up a meeting.  I hoped  to have her meet you by flying her ship to low sec (Internally to "confront her fears"). I figured it'd either be interesting rp meeting, you'd blow her up, or she'd escape by the skin of her teeth and I'd play off from there.  Sadly, it never happened.  :(

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

This ;)

Silas back when Luna was still in shy/fearful mode, you might remember she tried to set up a meeting.  I hoped  to have her meet you by flying her ship to low sec (Internally to "confront her fears"). I figured it'd either be interesting rp meeting, you'd blow her up, or she'd escape by the skin of her teeth and I'd play off from there.  Sadly, it never happened.  :(

You know where I live :P

Come bang on the gates and call me out any time. Or come blow up friends of mine, or come start reading the pax amarr in local until it makes our ears bleed, or get some friends to come shoot me WHILE you read the pax amarr until my ears bleed.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod

I've passed through local with Silas 3 times in the last week. He keep ignoring me. ._. (JK <3 you)
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Utsukushi Shi

• Achur Temptress
  • Egger
  • Chuku Dansei

This is a somewhat random aside.
Back when Silas was doing that investment opportunity thingy I flirted with the idea of investing solely for "RP". I took an alt that worked for my main and bought an Echelon, then flew to Khanid space and stalked her for a week to "investigate" what she was doing. Nothing ever happened with it but it was fun. I think the Echelon is still in Gehi..
Sometimes one wants to get caught...

Lyn Farel

I've passed through local with Silas 3 times in the last week. He keep ignoring me. ._. (JK <3 you)

Maybe that's because she actually loves him.... literally. :eek:

Anslol

You know where I live :P

Come bang on the gates and call me out any time. Or come blow up friends of mine, or come start reading the pax amarr in local until it makes our ears bleed, or get some friends to come shoot me WHILE you read the pax amarr until my ears bleed.
If you didn't live so gods damn FAR AWAY UGH.

But I sort of agree with the whole action thing too. Slowly but surely, I'm working towards that. I could just bum rush someone who pissed me off but the results would be  laughable. Because honestly, you can jump in and show 'balls' all you want, but at the end of the day it only really matters whether you won or lost the fight.

Patience is a virtue etc, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9