Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Blood Raider ships have the same design and golden sheen as Amarrian vessels, but are mottled in rust-like vermilion? (The Burning Life p. 80)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Cause and Effect  (Read 14188 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Cause and Effect
« Reply #90 on: 04 Mar 2012, 02:24 »

Combo-suicide best suicide, C/D?

Less jokingly, I feel ya... I was in a similar state of randomPCdeaththroespreventedmefromdoingstuffIwanted some time ago, it's not very fun at all.

Good luck with getting it fixed/replaced, will hold off on any un-marked spoilers, as always.

In more personal news my quest to play ME1/ME2 and chronicle it has taken considerably longer than expected since my log ended up being way more detailed and IC than I had ever imagined, and ME2 that I'm about to START ON NOW is a far bigger and more filling game than ME1. I expect I will be done with about 2/5 of the game and the log by the time ME3 hits. Oh well, I can wait, even if it's not optimal.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #91 on: 04 Mar 2012, 05:40 »

My motherboard and graphics card conspired to self destruct together today.

I won't be getting that PC back till the 19th,  :bash: /repeat

Thats when I read this that I am glad I am able to fix my computers myself...

Sorry for your loss. :/

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #92 on: 04 Mar 2012, 12:55 »

I always used to like using the vintage car metaphor, in that when they were first introduced, cars were useful but exceptionally glitchy and prone to breakdowns. Nowadays, however, cars are pretty damn sturdy, well-built, well-designed and reliable. The problem is that I don't think that actually really applies to PCs. Component systems are becoming geometrically more complex without becoming more reliable. A big problem is that quite a lot of technology is built around staggeringly obselete solutions to problems we haven't had for twenty years, because no manufacturer wants to be the first to try and replace these systems (although it actually causes very few problems, the entire xwindows system on Linux is a brilliant example of this).

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
  • Beware of Geeks bearing GIFs.
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #93 on: 05 Mar 2012, 11:23 »

Epic fucking success.

It'll be back on Sunday, I'll only be 2 days* behind release!

*Before any of you smug faced people from the other side of the Atlantic note that it came out today for you lot, sod off  :P
"I blame society for anything I've said that you disagree with."

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #94 on: 05 Mar 2012, 13:30 »

*Before any of you smug faced people from the other side of the Atlantic note that it came out today for you lot, sod off  :P

I know everybody hates Mondays, Cael, but we're still working on removing them from the week. Tuesday the 6th is tomorrow.

Two other things. Those on Twitter ought to be following @AllianceNewsNet. Also, I think I've discovered why the Reapers are coming.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #95 on: 05 Mar 2012, 13:57 »

Epic fucking success.

You're not getting ME3 tomorrow?? It's like you live in the past or something....

Dont worry, I'll tell you how it ends... :P
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #96 on: 05 Mar 2012, 14:23 »

Epic fucking success.

You're not getting ME3 tomorrow?? It's like you live in the past or something....

Europe is the Third World when it comes to Gaming.

Except for Nintendo RPGs where we get them before the Americans.... though sometimes the Americans don't even get them at all xD

Random Sentience

« Reply #97 on: 05 Mar 2012, 19:24 »

Also, I think I've discovered why the Reapers are coming.
Dude, we're all doomed, yo. #ReapersGonnaReap  ;)

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #98 on: 05 Mar 2012, 20:42 »

Impressed with the https://twitter.com/#!/AllianceNewsNet campaign.  CCP should do something like this (again; see TEA) for future expansions or even just to support live events.  Hell, tweets are short, why not restart regular Scope news as a microblogging that throws out a few daily headlines?  I know Mercury staff read these forums...  Super low overhead (you can write a lot of 160 character snippets ahead of time) and nice payoff for loreheads like us.  :le sigh:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #99 on: 05 Mar 2012, 20:45 »

It's exploded into a Twitter-ARG, actually - take a look at the #solcomms hashtag, which is apparently trending in Australia now.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #100 on: 05 Mar 2012, 21:43 »

RIP Emily Wong

Lyn Farel

« Reply #101 on: 06 Mar 2012, 12:56 »

But i dont want to use twitter .-.

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #102 on: 06 Mar 2012, 21:29 »

Caellach Marellus

• CONCORD Poster Boy.
  • Omelette
    • The Goblin's Cave
« Reply #103 on: 14 Mar 2012, 22:09 »

Probably the best thread for any to do this.

For anyone who's on the PC version and needs people for MP on Origin, pop your names down here.

This thread cannot be held acceptable for the quality of your teammates, especially me. I'd like to think it's not me and it's just my shitty laptop (yes, PC still not returned  :bash:)

Anyway, NorthernGoblin here.
« Last Edit: 15 Mar 2012, 02:50 by Caellach Marellus »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #104 on: 15 Mar 2012, 11:14 »

I play the hell out of the multiplayer.

GraeWraith is the name.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8